Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Quarig the Grand Sorcerer of Transfor..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102438
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 14-Sep-11 11:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102438, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Quarig the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation"

Wed Sep 14 23:18:24 2011

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Quarig perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:106

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Quarig the Grand Sorcerer of Tran..., Quarig (Anonymous), 15-Sep-11 07:23 AM, #2
Reply vulture, laxman, 15-Sep-11 07:32 AM, #3
Reply RE: vulture, Quarig (Anonymous), 15-Sep-11 07:58 AM, #4
     Reply RE: vulture, laxman, 15-Sep-11 08:48 AM, #5
Reply Shapeshifters are often boring - agreed, Explosion, 15-Sep-11 10:32 AM, #6
Reply Bleh, another one?, Sugabear (NOT Puhguly), 15-Sep-11 05:19 AM, #1

Quarig (Anonymous)Thu 15-Sep-11 07:23 AM
Charter member
#102448, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Quarig the Grand Sorcerer of Tran..."
In response to Reply #0

First off, thanks to all the Nexuns out there who made this character enjoyable. This was my second, the first being Silatar a Outlander bard who went 0-BIG NUBMER in PK. I did a lot of dying as Quarig, but at least I snuck a few kills in there....although I do not think any of them were solo. Dire wolf is good for gangs.

Ultimately, I lost interest in the character for a few reasons:
-Could not find any sleeks. Many people suggested place to look or helped me search, and I still found nothing.
-My final forms (vulture, dire wolf) died in a couple of rounds to villagers if my only defenses were shield/stoneskin. Vulture seemed like an overall bad form, unless Assail is supposed to make it all worthwhile?
-The shapeshifter class eventually grew boring, since there's really very little to do in combat (bite/peck/trip really being the only options)
-Found a hard time making anything of the role
-I started another character and was liking it more, I had hardly played Quarig as a result of late as a result.

Anyway, thanks again Nexus!

laxmanThu 15-Sep-11 07:32 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#102450, "vulture"
In response to Reply #2

If I am an air/offense shifter then vulture is one of my top 3 picks for the air form (others being eagle and vampire bat)

Quarig (Anonymous)Thu 15-Sep-11 07:58 AM
Charter member
#102454, "RE: vulture"
In response to Reply #3

Hm, may I ask why? I don't really know the other air forms, outside of having seen what Obregon can do with the eagle.

It was fairly tough for me to evaluate my final forms since I died so quickly when targeted by villagers. Without any wands, I was good for 2-3 rounds of combat as the dire wolf and 2-5 as the vulture (depends how dodgy I am and how many death blows I ate)

I had shikra/copperhead as my second tier forms and thought that was a great combo.

laxmanThu 15-Sep-11 08:48 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#102457, "RE: vulture"
In response to Reply #4

Well the reasons I love the vulture

1.) Assail gives you excellent kill sealing
2.) You are fairly high up in terms of offense/defense balance for air shifters
3.) Carrionfeed lets you cut through giant resist
4.) You can fly to indoor rooms
5.) In up in the air battle you can beat most other birds toe to toe

By and large dire wolf is somewhat difficult for fighting villagers toe to toe (you want offensive forms with direct damage like rake/butt/etc against a lot of village builds). The vulture is great in terms of mobility and letting you get the jump on them. Villagers as a rule of thumb tend to be walking around wounded a whole lot so if you hit them when they are near dead assail is money. IF they are woopin on you just fly away and repeat until you do get them with their pants around their ankles. As an air offense shifter you really don't need to prep with anything beyond class spells and aura because you should have a very high degree of control over which conflicts you are engaged in and have a very low risk to jumping lots and lots of people.

ExplosionThu 15-Sep-11 10:32 AM
Member since 06th Jul 2011
381 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102458, "Shapeshifters are often boring - agreed"
In response to Reply #2

"-The shapeshifter class eventually grew boring, since there's really very little to do in combat (bite/peck/trip really being the only options)"

+100500. If they would have a little more things to do in combat - they would be maybe my favorite class. But when you do all the same again and again, it's boring.

You have to develop weird strategies (most of which usually aren't working). Some progged eq isn't working now too, some cabal powers won't work there as well, while you are shifted... But if you know game well, you still have a few options to make it more interesting.

Some strange and uncommon preps; probably charmies/pets; probably eq that still would work while shifted (actually, I know only two things like that and one of them comes from Hell).

But it's not going to change I think, so only a good role and good character immersion can save you from boredom.

Just my 0.02 cents

Sugabear (NOT Puhguly)Thu 15-Sep-11 05:19 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

What made ya lose interest? Inability to find sleeks? Hate your forms? Was wondering whether you quit playin or our times just stopped meshing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102438 Previous topic | Next topic