Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Kelstrane Undis-el-Specta the Grand ..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102327
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 07-Sep-11 09:08 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102327, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Kelstrane Undis-el-Specta the Grand Master of Changelings, Seeker of Fun and Interesting New Friends"

Wed Sep 7 21:04:11 2011

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Kelstrane perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:193

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply A ton of fun, thanks guys!, Vortex Magus, 08-Sep-11 12:30 AM, #2
Reply RE: A ton of fun, thanks guys!, Gleebrok (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 06:35 AM, #3
Reply Also, the-me (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 06:36 AM, #4
Reply Yes, my forum persona is very abrasive but my character..., Vortex Magus, 08-Sep-11 08:54 AM, #9
Reply You're both pathetic, the-lowbie (Anonymous), 11-Sep-11 09:20 PM, #12
     Reply I don't want to turn this into a flame fest, Vortex Magus, 12-Sep-11 12:14 AM, #13
     Reply Who cares who the player is, Oldril, 12-Sep-11 01:18 AM, #14
          Reply Seconded., lasentia, 12-Sep-11 05:32 AM, #15
               Reply For the last time, Gleebrok (Anonymous), 12-Sep-11 06:27 AM, #16
                    Reply If I grabbed the coins I sac'd them shortly after., the-lowbie (Anonymous), 12-Sep-11 11:53 AM, #17
                    Reply RE: If I grabbed the coins I sac'd them shortly after., Gleebrok (Anonymous), 12-Sep-11 01:33 PM, #18
                         Reply Do you need help reading?, Aereglen, 12-Sep-11 02:33 PM, #19
                              Reply RE: Do you need help reading?, Gleebrok (Anonymous), 12-Sep-11 03:17 PM, #20
                                   Reply Take it to PMs, fellas. (n/t), Nreykre, 12-Sep-11 03:27 PM, #21
                    Reply Sorry, was not clear i think., lasentia, 13-Sep-11 10:29 PM, #23
     Reply Um, then why were you hanging in town at the pit?, TMNS, 13-Sep-11 07:50 PM, #22
          Reply I did explain this already twice in this thread., Aereglen, 14-Sep-11 11:23 AM, #24
Reply Sorry about that., Allysia (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 07:51 AM, #5
Reply Good times., Angynn (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 08:06 AM, #6
Reply So ole Bliggy is Vortex Magus., Kruuank (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 08:14 AM, #7
Reply You're Welcome!, Rayihn, 08-Sep-11 08:43 AM, #8
Reply Well now I want to cry..., Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 09:00 AM, #10
Reply Dear friend, you'll be greatly missed!, Nirilas (Anonymous), 10-Sep-11 11:52 AM, #11
Reply Well this sucks, Timnad (Anonymous), 07-Sep-11 09:50 PM, #1

Vortex MagusThu 08-Sep-11 12:30 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102332, "A ton of fun, thanks guys!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 08-Sep-11 12:30 AM

I played Kelstrane a ####ton initially, but after I had this frantic series of trips at the end of summer culminating into my move-in for the next semester of the University, my times just sort of died, for a variety of reasons. I figured it was time to bite the bullet and delete Kelstrane and free up a ton of nifty gear for people who might actually USE it.

Some other characters of mine from years ago - Bligduum, Dinian, Seonex, Morior, Kernagor, Destim, etc. Mostly Forties of no particular note.

I initially considered my forms mediocre, but once I figured out how they jived I was pretty ecstatic. Pachyderm and polar bear were basically the same thing, and alone they'd be mediocre to bad. But with shell of the armadillo OR hide of the walrus, they suddenly become very, very good. High damage and excellent tanking - really really excellent if you have to solo for a lot of stuff (I did!).

Water greater enlivens are THE ####, guys. I'd have to say that in a lot of cases, they're the best enlivens available, in my opinion better than defense or utility for 90% of things. Being able to dodge better, or reduce damage better, or do more damage, or FREAKING BRING MY PACHYDERM UNDERWATER worked out better than I had dreamed. Especially with someone with healing ability around (healer, bard, paladin, WHATEVER!) Kelstrane was useful in almost any group situation and could solo explore on his own pretty well.

I originally rolled him as a silly, irreverent throw-away character designed to explore as much as I could.

Outside of his taste for exploring, Kelstrane was basically a pure socialite - I figured Herald would be the way to go, and after an interview with Wyndynne which kept me on my toes the entire time, I got in and met with the entire crew. Kelstrane was my first experience with a herald. Man, heraldry is surprisingly amazingly fun, I loved it a lot.

Sorry Skeeta, Sorry Neltouda, I get the feeling you guys expected more of me than I felt like I could give. I initially started a story collection and went after tidbits for Skeeta with great energy, but it sort of started feeling like work and I just half-assed it after awhile - Kelstrane was intended to be fun! not work! Dammit! Stop trying to make my characters do something WORTHWHILE! I just wanna mess around and talk with people and gather random shinies and talk more with people!

Imms:

Thank you immies for interacting with me! Whoever was that one who handled the gnome/Hillcrest thing - I laughed really, really hard at your silly Gadinias talk. That was one of the most entertaining interrogations I've ever seen, with Skeeta playing the straight man.

And whoever gave me that title? You single-handedly breathed another fifty hours of life into Kelstrane, at LEAST! I would often get bored sitting around at hero, but now that I had that title people would suddenly realize I was looking to socialize and begin to interact with me of their own accord! It was AWESOME! I swear to god, because of that title I must have given out like hundreds of gold and a dozens of limited useful items and talked with a bajillion people I would not have otherwise interacted with.

Neltouda, Iunna, Nreykre, sorry I couldn't get more interaction going with your actual immortal incarnations, but I always get tongue-tied when I talk to an imm - I never know what to say to a Godly God

I pushed myself to interact with a LOT of people over Kelstrane's life, so I'll probably miss a few, but I'll try and mention as many friends and acquaintances as I can remember in my goodbyes.

Heralds:

Skeeta - You are Such A ####ing Piece of Awesome Awesomeness distilled into pure awesome form. I just want you to know that, cause Skeeta's a truly brilliant character and makes the MUD a better place - my only regret is that your times sort of died. I feel like there's this awkward herald spiral of doom, where if an awesome herald stops logging on often, other people who love that character lose the motivation to log on themselves - in particular, once your times died and Crid's times died, my motivation to start logging in died as well, and I sort of lost Kelstrane's spark. Oh! I still have that story you gave me logged, and I think it was masterfully told, with a distinct Skeeta touch to it.

Crid - WTF man I loved the idea behind your role. #### #### #### you deleting was probably one of the bigger reasons I ended up deleting Kelstrane. Oh man, I lub you lots, kiss kiss. Hopefully I'll see you in herald again in another incarnation.

Ivelor - I loved our first real interaction, where I gave you a dress and told you to go wear it and tout the inn at the market square. And you, contrary to all my expectations, actually DID IT! And then I ended up giving you my "official recommendation." You had such ridiculously often login times while you were ranking up, and then you randomly disappeared? ???? Sad was looking forward to getting to know baldy better after that awesome first run through.

Timnad - I was hoping to explore more with you, you seemed very knowledgeable with an interesting role and interesting build. If your exploring works how I think it works, it sounds overpowered as ####. Sad I didn't get more interaction with you.

Jehb - Sorry I couldn't run with you more and get more in-depth interaction, the first time we met you caught me at the tail end of my Kelstrane binge, I deleted soon after.

FORTRESS - I tried to help the Goodie crew as much as I could. I threw items at you, I would help you gain ranks, I would interact with you as much as I could. Sadly, most of the time you guys seemed busy with other duties, which meant I couldn't run with you guys as much as I had hoped. Still, I loved you all, kisses.

Angynn - Very consistent logins, which is very hard on a leader character. Thanks for socializing with me so much, you were one of the few people in the Fort whom would talk with me regularly and invite me to do stuff with you guys. Was hoping we'd get to hang out in the Inn more often and do fun stuff, but never quite got around to it. Also, if I'm right about the player, I TOTALLY knew some of your other forties from years ago! <3

Caerdryn - I seriously laughed out loud when you took me seriously and actually introduced the girl to me. That was pretty ####ing funny. From then on, I knew you and I were gonna get along famously. Weren't we, lover?

Jallastan - I was very sad that you deleted, I liked you a lot since you were always up for doing something silly. Near the end, though, I could tell that you were losing your interest. Sad.

Thevara - Another very social acolyte, thanks for humoring me, chatting with me occasionally, and giving me something to do! That stuff with you and blunk was pretty hilarious, just sad that Skeeta wasn't there for me to gossip with and tell all the gritty little details to.

Maravon - such a badass, thanks for helping me with stuff, sorry for getting you killed at the Lord of Kiadana and I wish we could have just hung out and chatted more, but you always seemed to be doing something =)

Nevaelle - I loved interacting with you, Valkenar, so much that I put a tidbit of you into my role. And then wtf you delete less than a week later? Really? DAMMIT.

Zakuun - You were pretty damn cool. Thanks for leading that trip into Yzekon, wish I could have helped you guys out a bit more. Guess it wasn't meant to be =(

TRIBUNAL - Man, you guys had such enormous presence when I was active.

Gleebrok - You were around before, during, and after Kelstrane's entire life, and had such ridiculous hours. Thanks for always being up for doing stuff and I'm STILL REALLY SORRY ABOUT GETTING YOU FULL LOOTED BY THAT ASSHOLE LOWBIE. Seriously, my fault. ####kkkkkkkkkk. I hate it when that happens to me - someone just wastes like 10 hours of your time with one command. And to make it worse, he was an abrasive idiot, too. Ugh.

Nirilas - Amazing presence, excellent role. You deserve every reward you've been given, including your custom description. Was a lot of fun interacting with you and I loved how you'd randomly drop by the inn while Skeeta and I were there, looking for an opportunity to preach. Your character has really developed, and I'm glad to see you finally got provincial.

Laeranna - You were one of my bestest friends? Why'd you stop logging in after I gave you uber staff of uber awesomeness? The ####? Does being a total badass scare you now? Thanks for running with me and socializing a bunch, though, I always enjoyed seeing you log on.

Kalarius - After we got you that awesome cube of force just us two working together, I felt like such a manly badass. Kelstrane's forms were pretty damned useful, and I was hoping to find more chances to really explore with you and interact with you more. Ah sad, very sad.

Outlander - I really couldn't socialize much with most of you guys, but I TRIED! I REALLY DIDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddd.

Sarriela - I feel so proud to see how far you've come! I caught you when you were just a lowbie app and I seriously think I had half-convinced you to say "#### THE TREE" and become a herald. But alas, was not to be, you had the good sense to stick with your role and your character has slowly developed into something of a badass. I tried to heap some love on you, since I thought you might have been a bit underappreciated by the imms, but that mostly ended up with me throwing every possibly useful prep I could find at you (hell, I wasn't going to use 'em). But I loved your character a lot, and enjoyed interacting with you every time. Oh, and DAYUM it woman, it was because I was traveling with you silly wood-elves in Nizarrsh Datul and Nhilrak came along that I got de-goodied some! I lost goodie points because of you! I BLAME YOU!!!!!

Nexus - Very sparse during my times, though I gather its much stronger now. Only two of you really made a huge impression on me.

Creighton - I LOVED YOUR GREASEY HAIR SHTICK. That was just an awesome and memorable gimmick. I could easily imagine it in my head. The name's Creighton. Creighton Girardeau. You deleted an excellent character way too early.

Allysia - Skeeta actually gave me the task to recruit you into the heralds when you were outcast from the island. I tried really hard to think of a way to do it, but I only met you like twice during that time period. Then, the third time, you were back into the ####ing island and I was like noooOOOooooo sad all that creative work gone. On the other hand, you were a very knowledgeable badass. Was a pleasure knowing you, though we never really got a good chance to fully Arpee at each other.

Empire - Hard to get into the groove with socializing with you guys, only people I really interacted with were Sivyh and Zaan, and those weren't to any major degree.

Sivyh - You have such an awesome character and you obviously had this awesome thing going with Skeeta. I just had no idea how to go about trying to befriend you - I think I ended up just giving you stuff and nodding meekly. Lol.

Zaan - You gave me one of my favorite conversations ever. After you fiended me and hurt my feelings, I was pondering some way to take pseudo revenge upon you, when I hit upon something like:

You tell Zaanzorbebus "Oh yeah? Well, how about I just sleep with your mistress?"

Zaanzorbebus tells you "So many mistresses the Zaan has lost count."

I think I might have snorted some sprite up my nose cracking up to that.

Scion:

Tavlin - The unicorns amuse me to NO END. NO END. MOST HILARIOUS #### EVER. Like Sivyh, you had a constant presence and this aura of badassery which scared Kelstrane and made it hard for me to think of a good way to befriend you. Hell, I even located like half a dozen orbs of travel on you, so I was sort of out of ideas for what to give you that you might actually need.

Closing thoughts: In the end, I don't think Kelstrane was JUST a socialite or JUST a silly explore character, I sort of gave up on both and just focused on trying to leave the MUD a better place than I found it - mostly by helping people and interacting with them.

Thats really all I can think of for now. I probably missed a lot of people, please, post your thoughts and comments and I'll try and respond, I'd love to hear what other people thought of Kelstrane, even if its negative.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Thu 08-Sep-11 06:35 AM
Charter member
#102335, "RE: A ton of fun, thanks guys!"
In response to Reply #2

Man, I remember you leveling up and wondering what you were, and then when we started to travel together I was like awesome someone who doesnt want to murderise us, burn our homes or eat or children!!! I really liked your character and tried to hit you from a couple of different sides, but I just couldnt get the party engine started Still focus on the college thing is good, you were a very solid anchor point for me, but end of summer hours dipping I get the idea. Three things for your to consider man
A) It was my fault I died,
B) It was my fault I left the pit to get the stuff,
C)In retrospect I could probably have handled the situation differently, with the same result

D) IF I was vindicator/justiciar/provost I'd of slaughtered that guy

Just such awesome class on your part to try and get that stuff back, I've never seen that #### before. Hopefully see you in the fall sometime then Peace Out NBL )

the-me (Anonymous)Thu 08-Sep-11 06:36 AM
Charter member
#102336, "Also"
In response to Reply #3

I did not have you pegged as Vortex Magus....

Vortex MagusThu 08-Sep-11 08:54 AM
400 posts
#102341, "Yes, my forum persona is very abrasive but my character..."
In response to Reply #4

I'm not sure I understand it myself.

the-lowbie (Anonymous)Sun 11-Sep-11 09:20 PM
Charter member
#102383, "You're both pathetic"
In response to Reply #3

If you had paid attention you would have known that my character hates tribunals, but you two didn't care. You were too focused on getting the gear back that when I said I wasn't going to give it back you flip out and start telling me I'm not role-playing MY character correctly just because I'm good and looted some of another goodie's gear. If you don't want to pay attention to things like a person's description or how they talk, then why do you bother playing a role-playing text-based game? If you're going to play like that, save yourself the buffer space and put quiet on and use glance instead of look.

I MEAN FOR ####S SAKE, DO YOU THINK A GUY WHO LIKES TO SPEND TIME IN THE WILDERNESS AND WHO WANTS TO FIND A PRIVATE SECLUDED SPOT AWAY FROM THE CITYS FOR HIS GARDEN WOULD HELP A TRIBUNAL? I'm sorry my character's don't talk like "I am <ethos>/<align> and I will be a <cabal> applicant and you are <opposing cabal> member so we are enemies." But you two keep it up if you enjoy it.

Vortex MagusMon 12-Sep-11 12:12 AM
400 posts
#102385, "I don't want to turn this into a flame fest"
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Mon 12-Sep-11 12:14 AM

But that was pure ####. At level 6, your character decided to pick the ONE really weird path where your align might conceivably allow you to keep all the shinies you just looted from a hero, and then self-righteously pretend as if you were doing that all along.

We all know what happened: you walked in, saw a full pit loot on someone of the same align, and then grabbed it and decided to deal with the consequences later. When you realized you were a goodie and that goodies don't full loot other goodies, your character was suddenly set for the ONLY WAY POSSIBLE wherein you could keep your sexy hero set, even the stuff not useful to you, and still not face the penalties of align change.

You've played too many evils. If you were evil, no one would have batted an eye. But you weren't. You weren't even close. The entire conversation we had smacked of a one way OOC meltdown on your part - all I did was express my distaste for you pit looting my ally, and suddenly you go all ballistic on me, telling me to shut the #### up and stop whining.

Don't play this wounded hero card, cause anything terribly OOC, I saw mostly on your part. Face the facts, you were a little bitch, and Gleebrok was as pissed as he had every right to be, and eventually he just shut up and took it like a champ, and played out another 200 hours on a quality character while your presence continues to pollute the game.

For the longest time I was convinced you were funnyone, as very few other people can achieve the same level of blind self-delusion.

OldrilMon 12-Sep-11 01:18 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102386, "Who cares who the player is"
In response to Reply #13

A level 6 pit looting another hero-level goodie is the epitome of douche.

lasentiaMon 12-Sep-11 05:32 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102388, "Seconded."
In response to Reply #14

Shiny addiction is a bad thing and brings out the worst in players.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Mon 12-Sep-11 06:27 AM
Charter member
#102389, "For the last time"
In response to Reply #15

Heh I wasnt bothered about the gear, I replaced most of it in like 20 seconds, the stuff I was bothered about (Thin silver bracelets Limited to 5 I think) which were inappropriate for his class, Not for me, but some guy posted on Dios about making a club up lowbies to sit at pits and loot limited stuff then use them as gear lockers.
I racked my brain for any possible way you could RP it and the only solution was the one you settled on. More power to you man grats and all that Jazz. Gleebrok hated criminals but when I took one thing from a criminals corpse I got align shifted, I just saw a slight disparity in the two things. As the align shift and reason for it then was a major part of the chars consciousness I wanted to 'save' other people from themselves on that front, you know rp with you. Also at level 6 are things really so set in Stone, you really hate Tribunals so much that you cant forgive, get over them? I'm sorry dude but that is what being a goody can be about compassion etc.

Then theres the fact that you are pitlooting in a city in the first place, you hate Cities? Why you collecting my phat loot? And wheres my couple of hundred gold coins.

I told you I wouldnt mind if I saw a role entry prior to the looting and we still will just have to wait and see when you delete.

Also (sorry if this offends) but that char, a certain shaman, and a current warrior all came off as the same to me just saying, maybe consider that.

the-lowbie (Anonymous)Mon 12-Sep-11 11:53 AM
Charter member
#102393, "If I grabbed the coins I sac'd them shortly after."
In response to Reply #16

A level six outlander wannabe see's a naked tribunal hero at the pit. Is it really sooooooooooo odd that he would try to loot the trib?

I was exploring and doing low level stuff during the time. I had just recalled because I ran low on moves and a mob tougher than me at the time was tracking me. That's why I was there. When you asked for things back I replied I did not steal them, I found some stuff in a hole in the ground and now I was going to use them. You told warranted me and told me I would have to die because of it. I told you "if I saw someone pick berries off a bush should I kill them because of it?" I never asked for you to remove the warrant in fact I wanted the flag. I wasn't leading anyone on, I wasn't being an ass, I wasn't being difficult. I was a guy who was raised in the woods, found some stuff on the ground that would be useful so he kept it. That's it, that's all, nothing more. A character who hates tribunals for many reasons. Good or evil IT'S JUST THAT DAMN SIMPLE. I don't enter roles pre lvl 20 unless I'm an empowerment character because I sometimes lose interest in the character but still want to save the role idea for tweaking or some future use. But if you would like I can send you the log of me rolling and setting up the character. You would see some things that stand out, like the characters first command was turning autogold OFF and my description entry which nobody read when they were badgering me for the gear. Unless you see all those smaller details as not important ones compared to role entries. If that's the case I can't help you. Stop focusing so ####ing much on if someones role explains everything. You do know there's a description room, and not a role room, right?

Kelstrane, you pretty much dropped role when you talked to me. I suspect because you were bothered because you felt bad about Brok losing some stuff. But christ man, you acted like a prick to me. You first told you'll give me some stuff to trade back, like I had already agreed to trade with you. Then when I tell you no you act like a bigger ####. YOU sounded like funnyone. Get off your high horse.

All of you're guys #### comes from the simple fact that you got the short end of the stick and couldn't easily fix it, so you throw a fit.

I really didn't care about you guys badgering me. It was the lies you told me that pissed me off. If I was a newer player I would now think it's in the code that thieves can not be outlanders, WHICH ISN'T TRUE. The lies about tribunal law would also have really confused a new player. Don't lie please. Remember we want to KEEP people playing the game.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Mon 12-Sep-11 01:33 PM
Charter member
#102394, "RE: If I grabbed the coins I sac'd them shortly after."
In response to Reply #17

A level six outlander wannabe see's a naked tribunal hero at the pit. Is it really sooooooooooo odd that he would try to loot the trib?
^^^ I dunno as I said, why are you in town?

I don't enter roles pre lvl 20 unless I'm an empowerment character because I sometimes lose interest in the character but still want to save the role idea for tweaking or some future use. But if you would like I can send you the log of me rolling and setting up the character.
^^^ Thats great man and I wished you every luck in your efforts, just makes it less easy to prove it was your intention

But if you would like I can send you the log of me rolling and setting up the character. You would see some things that stand out, like the characters first command was turning autogold OFF and my description entry which nobody read when they were badgering me for the gear. Unless you see all those smaller details as not important ones compared to role entries. If that's the case I can't help you. Stop focusing so ####ing much on if someones role explains everything. You do know there's a description room, and not a role room, right?
^^^^^ I looked at your description man most of my stock style descs could be considered anycabal, its funny Ghurrank (he's the head of the goodie faction of outlander, was ok to speak with me and we got on fine before the Cotizbue incident. Just saying theres more than one way to handle that situation as a goodie.

Kelstrane, you pretty much dropped role when you talked to me. I suspect because you were bothered because you felt bad about Brok losing some stuff. But christ man, you acted like a prick to me. You first told you'll give me some stuff to trade back, like I had already agreed to trade with you. Then when I tell you no you act like a bigger ####. YOU sounded like funnyone. Get off your high horse.
^^^^ Goodie Herald sees other Goodie loot, tries to make a deal, seems reasonable

All of you're guys #### comes from the simple fact that you got the short end of the stick and couldn't easily fix it, so you throw a fit
^^^ Was an easy fix

I really didn't care about you guys badgering me. It was the lies you told me that pissed me off. If I was a newer player I would now think it's in the code that thieves can not be outlanders, WHICH ISN'T TRUE. The lies about tribunal law would also have really confused a new player. Don't lie please. Remember we want to KEEP people playing the game.
^^^^ I didnt say it was hardcoded I just meant with the level and quality of rp you were showing me ( I think I said you will never be that, not you cant) the cant part would be a lie....

^^^ As for the Tribunal laws, I dunno what you are talking about

AereglenMon 12-Sep-11 02:33 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
#102395, "Do you need help reading?"
In response to Reply #18

>A level six outlander wannabe see's a naked tribunal hero at
>the pit. Is it really sooooooooooo odd that he would try to
>loot the trib?
>^^^ I dunno as I said, why are you in town?

This is like posting a log with your #### comments cut out to make yourself look better, prick.
This is from my comment you're responding to(but you didn't include in your response) "I was exploring and doing low level stuff during the time. I had just recalled because I ran low on moves and a mob tougher than me at the time was tracking me. That's why I was there."

>
> I don't enter roles pre lvl 20 unless I'm an empowerment
>character because I sometimes lose interest in the character
>but still want to save the role idea for tweaking or some
>future use. But if you would like I can send you the log of me
>rolling and setting up the character.
>^^^ Thats great man and I wished you every luck in your
>efforts, just makes it less easy to prove it was your
>intention

You soooooo hung up on PROVING yourself with role entries. Just play the game man. Actions speak louder than words and/or text. You act like if it's not in your role it's against the rules to act a certain way.

>
>But if you would like I can send you the log of me rolling and
>setting up the character. You would see some things that stand
>out, like the characters first command was turning autogold
>OFF and my description entry which nobody read when they were
>badgering me for the gear. Unless you see all those smaller
>details as not important ones compared to role entries. If
>that's the case I can't help you. Stop focusing so ####ing
>much on if someones role explains everything. You do know
>there's a description room, and not a role room, right?
>^^^^^ I looked at your description man most of my stock style
>descs could be considered anycabal, its funny Ghurrank (he's
>the head of the goodie faction of outlander, was ok to speak
>with me and we got on fine before the Cotizbue incident. Just
>saying theres more than one way to handle that situation as a
>goodie.
>

I don't for one second believe you actually read my description. If you did you would have had fewer questions for me than you did. And you would have been more likely to believe me when I told you I wanted to find a place in the wilds for my garden, IF YOU HAD READ MY DESCRIPTION.

>Kelstrane, you pretty much dropped role when you talked to me.
>I suspect because you were bothered because you felt bad about
>Brok losing some stuff. But christ man, you acted like a prick
>to me. You first told you'll give me some stuff to trade back,
>like I had already agreed to trade with you. Then when I tell
>you no you act like a bigger ####. YOU sounded like funnyone.
>Get off your high horse.
>^^^^ Goodie Herald sees other Goodie loot, tries to make a
>deal, seems reasonable

He TOLD me what we were going to trade, he didn't ask me what I wanted for your things. And told me I was going to die when I told him I was keeping them. What a goodie.

>
>All of you're guys #### comes from the simple fact that you
>got the short end of the stick and couldn't easily fix it, so
>you throw a fit
>^^^ Was an easy fix
>

And yet you kept badgering me days after the event.

>I really didn't care about you guys badgering me. It was the
>lies you told me that pissed me off. If I was a newer player I
>would now think it's in the code that thieves can not be
>outlanders, WHICH ISN'T TRUE. The lies about tribunal law
>would also have really confused a new player. Don't lie
>please. Remember we want to KEEP people playing the game.
>^^^^ I didnt say it was hardcoded I just meant with the level
>and quality of rp you were showing me ( I think I said you
>will never be that, not you cant) the cant part would be a
>lie....

Your exact words "And you can never be an outlander" Wow, lots of meaning in that statement.

>
>^^^ As for the Tribunal laws, I dunno what you are talking
>about
>

You told me if I returned your things you would remove the flag, then days later you said if I turned myself in I could keep them but I would have to die. DON'T YOU SEE HOW A NEW PLAYER WOULD HAVE BEEN CONFUSED BY YOUR BULLCHIT? Again, for the 999999th time, that krap isn't kosher. If you want to play this game alone, by all means keep acting this way.

You talk so much about what goodies are suppose to do and how they have to act. I'm sorry but I'm not going to take goodie rp lessons from someone who had their alignment changed from good to evil against their will. Go play tag with a train. I said it before but now I really mean it, I'm done calling you guys on your ####. Tell lies all you want I'm done responding to them.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Mon 12-Sep-11 03:17 PM
Charter member
#102396, "RE: Do you need help reading?"
In response to Reply #19

This is like posting a log with your #### comments cut out to make yourself look better, prick.
This is from my comment you're responding to(but you didn't include in your response) "I was exploring and doing low level stuff during the time. I had just recalled because I ran low on moves and a mob tougher than me at the time was tracking me. That's why I was there."
^^^ I still dont get it you set up this uber rp from the start of the char all about being a nature bunny, but you are sitting in town. Just saying to ME it seems inconsistent.

You soooooo hung up on PROVING yourself with role entries. Just play the game man. Actions speak louder than words and/or text. You act like if it's not in your role it's against the rules to act a certain way.
^^^ Not at all, you've been doing exactly what you said you would be doing in your rp with me, cant fault you there. I did have a problem with you saying how much you enjoyed your victory over me etc, not from the point of view that you as a player had beaten me as a player, from an ooc pov grats on that. From an IC goodie point of view, I thought it was a bit off. Hence the note, then when you 'mistelled me' about how you would never do such a thing and respected your enemies etc I was like hrrmrn weird.

I don't for one second believe you actually read my description. If you did you would have had fewer questions for me than you did. And you would have been more likely to believe me when I told you I wanted to find a place in the wilds for my garden, IF YOU HAD READ MY DESCRIPTION.
^^^^ I did read my description, I was rping with you asking questions about your plans for the future etc, trying to build a model in my head of the guy that ####ed me over, what his motivations, goals expectations were so I could then #### him over at a later point, you took that as whining, but any of the other goodies I rped with and asked them the same things about their goals etc, didnt, you were seeing it as a hostile thing, I was seeing it as a getting to know you thing.

He TOLD me what we were going to trade, he didn't ask me what I wanted for your things. And told me I was going to die when I told him I was keeping them. What a goodie.
^^^^ I dunno about that, he sort of relayed some of what he said, not the specifics and what not, you didnt want to trade, thats cool. Again from an ooc point of view grats on the win.

>
>All of you're guys #### comes from the simple fact that you
>got the short end of the stick and couldn't easily fix it, so
>you throw a fit
>^^^ Was an easy fix
>

And yet you kept badgering me days after the event.

^^^ Days afterwards I kept interacting with you, seeing how you were getting on etc, curiosity, dont think I asked you about the gear or anything like that, would certainly try and persuade you to turn yourself in as I did with ALL wanted goodies, again you chose to see that as gear rant.

Your exact words "And you can never be an outlander" Wow, lots of meaning in that statement.
^^^ I dunno I thought I said you will never be an outlander, if you have an unedited log I'd love to see it.

You told me if I returned your things you would remove the flag,
^^ No I walked up to you leveling in Violet woods and said if you turned yourself in I would give you more class appropriate gear, I was suuuuuuuuper sticky about flags on Gleebrok didnt want to remove them no matter what, I think I removed one flag I placed cause it was a misflag.

then days later you said if I turned myself in I could keep them but I would have to die. DON'T YOU SEE HOW A NEW PLAYER WOULD HAVE BEEN CONFUSED BY YOUR BULLCHIT? Again, for the 999999th time, that krap isn't kosher. If you want to play this game alone, by all means keep acting this way.
^^^ No I believe actually some other tribunals offered you deals, but I didnt ask them to etc, nor would I, I certainly wouldnt have removed your flag.

You talk so much about what goodies are suppose to do and how they have to act. I'm sorry but I'm not going to take goodie rp lessons from someone who had their alignment changed from good to evil against their will. Go play tag with a train. I said it before but now I really mean it, I'm done calling you guys on your ####. Tell lies all you want I'm done responding to them.
^^^ I didnt get turned evil, I got turned away from the light a few bars towards neutrals, for doing exactly the kind of #### that is here, I was happy with the way I was RPing the Imms werent, after a god tells me I'm doing something wrong, I'm a priest and #### I'm all about saving your soul.

Seriously why do you keep bringing it up or making comments, forever now Vortexmagus and I will say to each other, ahah remember that Outlander Thief, what a douche. Something to laugh over, not to have endless words about. Once again from an OOC view Grats man you won Yay!. From an IC point of view meh, I didnt find it very goodly, thats all.

NreykreMon 12-Sep-11 03:27 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
90 posts
#102397, "Take it to PMs, fellas. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #20

no text

lasentiaTue 13-Sep-11 10:29 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
#102415, "Sorry, was not clear i think."
In response to Reply #16

I meant the shiny addiction for the level 6 guy, not gleebrok.

TMNSTue 13-Sep-11 07:50 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#102413, "Um, then why were you hanging in town at the pit?"
In response to Reply #12

Griefing purposes? (IE make a trib's life living hell?)

I'm seriously asking. I want to believe your side of the story.

AereglenWed 14-Sep-11 11:23 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
#102420, "I did explain this already twice in this thread."
In response to Reply #22

I was exploring, I ran into an aggro mob, it tracked, i was low on moves, so i recalled. Gleebrok was ghosted and naked at the pit. Then he got up and left the pit. About a minute later his stuff was there and I got a nice chunk of it. Not full like everyone thinks, but after all the bitching and lies he and his friends did I wish it had been a full.

Tell me, who's "addicted" to shinies? Some low level who got a lucky loot or the looted hero who keeps badgering the lowbie for days after the event? Days. This was after I made it clear I wasn't going to help any trib.

Allysia (Anonymous)Thu 08-Sep-11 07:51 AM
Charter member
#102337, "Sorry about that."
In response to Reply #2

I liked the friendly character, it's always refreshing to see a mostly RP driven char that has little interest in PK. And a good herald is a good thing for CF, and I think being good just requires a person to be friendly. Events are nice, but the day to day stuff are I think the more important parts of heralding.

You could have pitched the idea to me even though I rejoined the Island, but it wasn't going to happen for IC reasons and for my own views OC about cabal switching. And unfortunately once I rejoined I generally got kept a bit busier and have less time for the idle fun RP that the Inn attracts, especially since I was banned from the Star which eliminated me popping in just to BS for a few minutes. I used to be there all the time before I got banned though, would have been great to have you around then.

Angynn (Anonymous)Thu 08-Sep-11 08:06 AM
Charter member
#102338, "Good times."
In response to Reply #2

When you were 'drumming up business' I really tried to move more
conversations to the inn. Not like it's really safe, or appropriate
to interview potential cabal people there, but hey I MISS the days
of lots of people in the inn just shooting the ####.
As for Kelstrane personally? Most people are either funny OR fun
you pulled off being both. Awesome job. I kept meaning to see what
your pachyderm could do with me backing it in a couple of exploration
places, but ... well it just didn't work out. The arena experiment
though.. Wow that thing is freakin' hard to kill! *rofl*

Best of luck with your next!

Kruuank (Anonymous)Thu 08-Sep-11 08:14 AM
Charter member
#102339, "So ole Bliggy is Vortex Magus."
In response to Reply #2

Makes sense

Glad to hear you had fun. I got the polar bear/pachy combo and ended up not keeping pachy. I regretted it later.

RayihnThu 08-Sep-11 08:43 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#102340, "You're Welcome!"
In response to Reply #2

I fielded that pray and thought...hey, this is a Herald without a title, let's have a little fun. Glad you liked it!

Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous)Thu 08-Sep-11 08:54 AM
Charter member
#102342, "Well now I want to cry..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Thu 08-Sep-11 09:00 AM

You were pretty much the only Herald reliably around. Crid's gone, you. *sigh*

I really enjoyed Kelstrane! He was fun, enthusiastic, and had a good sense of adventure and humor. My biggest complaint is that you never did get "on it" in terms of digging up some stories for me for the Heraldic Post. I made Skeeta in the summer when I had a lot more free time on my hands, with the idea that (hopefully) I could inspire some Heralds to submit some stories/quotes to me and then all I'd have to do is take on a role as "editor", but it hasn't worked out that way. I appreciate all the compliments about my awesomeness but I really do think at LEAST interviewing and getting source information is something that shouldn't be too terribly difficult for ANY Herald. But I guess you're saying doing so was zero fun for you, and I can't argue with that. Gotta have fun!

Yes, I'm sorry my times have diminished. I can only say it is NOT because of lack of interest. I am really enjoying playing Skeeta and would log in a ton more if I had the time. And often when I do find I have the time, it is late at night when I'm willing to forgo sleep and fewer people are around. Ptooey.

I also wish I could have seen Kelstrane find a passion and a driving motivation. You started with the desire to collect stories of the sea and it just kind of fell flat and never materialized as something that appeared to be a central theme to the character. I feel like Kel was *almost there*, but never quite achieved peak potential, RP-wise as a Herald.

I am really sad, and you will be missed. I hope your deletion has more to do with just wanting to try something different than a lack of interest in CF. I really hope to see you around in another form.

Nirilas (Anonymous)Sat 10-Sep-11 11:52 AM
Charter member
#102367, "Dear friend, you'll be greatly missed!"
In response to Reply #2

I really enjoyed traveling with you. You had an interesting combination of forms - it's too bad I only rarely go under water and did not get a chance to see your water forms in action.

(It was also fun to watch you get more and more comfortable with your forms. In our early travels, you felt like you could not do much with them, but later on, you figured a lot of things out!!!)

Your deletion is a loss to the Heralds. I'll miss you dearly!

Nirilas

Timnad (Anonymous)Wed 07-Sep-11 09:50 PM
Charter member
#102328, "Well this sucks"
In response to Reply #0

Why did all the Heralds I like go and delete?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102327 Previous topic | Next topic