Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas the C..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102251
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 04-Sep-11 02:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102251, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar"

Sun Sep 4 14:16:55 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Vhenylos perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:104

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Java, are you currently in Arifjan? nt/, Alston, 07-Sep-11 11:31 AM, #28
Reply Nope, I'm in the Philippines., Java, 07-Sep-11 12:21 PM, #29
     Reply I knew,, Alston, 07-Sep-11 12:44 PM, #30
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas t..., Gleebrok (Anonymous), 06-Sep-11 01:16 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas t..., Java, 07-Sep-11 12:26 AM, #25
Reply Well crap...., Morin (Anonymous), 05-Sep-11 09:33 PM, #18
Reply Heh..., Twist, 04-Sep-11 08:54 PM, #3
Reply Sorry, I don't drink java. nt, Scrimbul, 04-Sep-11 10:15 PM, #4
Reply I drink Java all night long. Naked. In my bedroom. n/t, Vortex Magus, 05-Sep-11 01:34 AM, #7
Reply In my defense.., Java, 04-Sep-11 11:29 PM, #6
     Reply RE: In my defense.., Rayihn, 05-Sep-11 06:42 AM, #8
     Reply RE: In my defense.., Java, 05-Sep-11 10:24 AM, #9
          Reply Will you be purchasing the PBF for this character? ~, _Magus_, 05-Sep-11 10:36 AM, #10
               Reply Not anytime in the near future., Java, 05-Sep-11 11:35 AM, #13
                    Reply I was curious about the role actually, _Magus_, 05-Sep-11 06:33 PM, #16
                    Reply RE: Role, _Magus_, 07-Sep-11 03:15 PM, #31
                         Reply Sorry.., Java, 07-Sep-11 10:56 PM, #32
                              Reply What's your handle on Dio's again? nt, Java, 08-Sep-11 12:28 AM, #33
                    Reply AFAIK you can donate with a credit card., DurNominator, 06-Sep-11 02:51 AM, #20
     Reply No need for defense..., Twist, 05-Sep-11 12:41 PM, #15
Reply Man, RIGHT after I tell you I am glad you are still aro..., Caerdryn (Anonymous), 04-Sep-11 06:55 PM, #2
Reply Yeah, I was glad for it., Java, 04-Sep-11 11:26 PM, #5
     Reply Hehe, Vhenylos grew on me., Angynn (Anonymous), 05-Sep-11 11:01 AM, #11
          Reply Actually.., Java, 05-Sep-11 11:31 AM, #12
               Reply TO BE FAIR, heh,, Caerdryn (Anonymous), 05-Sep-11 08:31 PM, #17
               Reply RE: TO BE FAIR, heh,, Angynn (Anonymous), 06-Sep-11 06:59 AM, #22
               Reply RE: Actually.., Angynn (Anonymous), 06-Sep-11 06:57 AM, #21
               Reply I did the exact same thing., Baylin (Anonymous), 07-Sep-11 12:04 AM, #23
                    Reply I was glad to find out you were in the Fort.., Java, 07-Sep-11 12:22 AM, #24
                    Reply I was hoping you would., Cointreau, 07-Sep-11 03:06 AM, #27
                    Reply Hehehe, Angynn (Anonymous), 07-Sep-11 01:13 AM, #26
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas t..., Ghrashik (Anonymous), 04-Sep-11 06:28 PM, #1
     Reply You did good., Java, 05-Sep-11 11:38 AM, #14

AlstonWed 07-Sep-11 11:31 AM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102311, "Java, are you currently in Arifjan? nt/"
In response to Reply #0

srgerg

JavaWed 07-Sep-11 12:21 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#102316, "Nope, I'm in the Philippines."
In response to Reply #28

And yes, it's an actual deployment. Apparently there's terrorists here, too. Who knew?

AlstonWed 07-Sep-11 12:44 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#102319, "I knew,"
In response to Reply #29

It used to be that's where Muslims went to get their jihad on. Wasn't all that long ago some Americans were kidnapped and held for ransom there.

Alright, just checking.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Tue 06-Sep-11 01:16 AM
Charter member
#102276, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas t..."
In response to Reply #0

What an awesome random pick, great char man I was watching waiting for the Captaination, shame your link is teh suck Hurry back now

JavaWed 07-Sep-11 12:26 AM
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#102303, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas t..."
In response to Reply #19

Thanks for all the gear. I was surprised I was able to hold on to most of it for as long as I did.

Yeah.. the link was probably what killed this char more than anything else. But the next couple months are gonna be pretty hectic (returning from a deployment, travelling back home), so I wouldn't have been able to be a leader anyhow (not that I thought it was likely.. there were some solid Maran in the Fort that were definitely ahead of me on the list).

I'll be back in a month or two.

Morin (Anonymous)Mon 05-Sep-11 09:33 PM
Charter member
#102274, "Well crap...."
In response to Reply #0

Here I was, thinking I left the Fortess well stocked with Baer-pal goodness to take over where I left off. Liked what I saw, though a bit limited because it was right at the end of things. I wish things had been different and you could have taken a strong charge in after Morin went out....

Ah well. GLWYN whenever you get some good interwebs.

*** WARINING ***
*** Shameless poking of the Baer ***
PS Baer loved you more, she at least replied to your death thread...

TwistSun 04-Sep-11 08:54 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#102254, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #0

"This quality paladin brought to you once again by your friends at Java. Proud purveyors of quality paladins. Won't you try a Java Paladin today?"

ScrimbulSun 04-Sep-11 10:15 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#102255, "Sorry, I don't drink java. nt"
In response to Reply #3

Vortex MagusMon 05-Sep-11 01:34 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#102259, "I drink Java all night long. Naked. In my bedroom. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

x

JavaSun 04-Sep-11 11:29 PM
1055 posts
#102257, "In my defense.."
In response to Reply #3

Baer did ask me on the forums when I was rolling up another one.

It's obviously my favorite class to play.. and it seemed like a good excuse to get back into CF. I just wish I had a more reliable link, so I could enjoy it a little more. Maybe in a month or so I'll be back with something new.

Or maybe another Pally. Who knows?

RayihnMon 05-Sep-11 06:42 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#102260, "RE: In my defense.."
In response to Reply #6

Love me some Javapal. Was just about to Maran you and considering you for fast track leadering. Oh well...next time?

JavaMon 05-Sep-11 10:24 AM
1055 posts
#102262, "RE: In my defense.."
In response to Reply #8

This char was actually meant to be everything Llondolas was designed to be (arrogant, slightly racist and a little bit confused about how everyone and everything was so "different"). It was going awesome, until I hit hero range and just kind of got bland. I dunno why. I think next time I need to take it a little bit slower and enjoy the mid ranks a little bit more.

Baer you were awesome, like normal. My play times were kinda weird, so it was hard getting a hold of you (especially at first). I tried logging in during your play times as much as I could, but the link was even worse than normal during those hours, so it made it kind of difficult.

It was fun, but I knew I wasn't going to have any time to play after another week or so, so I figured it was better to cut out early. There's couple of solid hero's in the Fort already, so I'm sure they're in good hands.

I think we both know I'll be back before long though. I have a couple ideas for a completely different take on things that I want to try.

_Magus_Mon 05-Sep-11 10:36 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#102264, "Will you be purchasing the PBF for this character? ~"
In response to Reply #9

nt

JavaMon 05-Sep-11 11:35 AM
1055 posts
#102267, "Not anytime in the near future."
In response to Reply #10

I recently cancelled my account with Paypal (they pissed me off.. and have the worst customer service I've ever seen).

When I get back from the deployment I might do the whole "send in a check" thing to donate to CF. But unless they come up with other options for donating, there's not much I can do for now.

I'm not sure there'll be much of interest there. I did pretty ####ty in PK (although I had an epic fight or two with Tavlin). There's probably a few Imm comments about how I manage to make more enemies in Fort than I did with all the enemy cabals. Besides that though, I don't think I made much of an impact.

_Magus_Mon 05-Sep-11 06:33 PM
430 posts
#102271, "I was curious about the role actually"
In response to Reply #13

Not to critique it, just to check it out

Would you mind PMing it to me if you get a chance? I tend to check Dio's more if you can there.

_Magus_Wed 07-Sep-11 03:15 PM
430 posts
#102323, "RE: Role"
In response to Reply #16

Not sure if you noticed my post; hadn't gotten to PMing the role; or if you just didn't want to. Knowing either way would be appreciated.

JavaWed 07-Sep-11 10:56 PM
1055 posts
#102330, "Sorry.."
In response to Reply #31

I'll send it to ya on Dio's.

I can't find it saved anywhere, so I'm gonna have to dig it out of my logs. It might be a day or so.

JavaThu 08-Sep-11 12:28 AM
1055 posts
#102331, "What's your handle on Dio's again? nt"
In response to Reply #32

nt

DurNominatorTue 06-Sep-11 02:51 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102278, "AFAIK you can donate with a credit card."
In response to Reply #13

Sure, it's Paypal handling the payment, but you don't really have to deal with it directly since you can pay the donation with your credit card. This would mean that you don't have to deal with Paypal personally and do not need a Paypal account to donate.

I'm not saying that you have to donate, just pointing out that the option exists.

TwistMon 05-Sep-11 12:41 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#102269, "No need for defense..."
In response to Reply #6

...my comment was mostly directed at your ability to play quality Paladins than any (real or perceived - I've never really made note of it) dearth of other classes in your repertoire.

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Sun 04-Sep-11 06:55 PM
Charter member
#102253, "Man, RIGHT after I tell you I am glad you are still aro..."
In response to Reply #0

I just want to say, all of that #### in the beginning was entirely IC, and player-to-player, I loved Vhenylos. I really appreciated the sub-hostile interaction, as well, because it gave me the chance to really flesh out how Caerdryn felt about what had happened with Baerinika and what it had done to his psyche.

You were quite obviously a more skilled player than I am, so I look forward to seeing your next when you are through with your real-world business, and learning what I can from that character as well.

See you around.

JavaSun 04-Sep-11 11:26 PM
1055 posts
#102256, "Yeah, I was glad for it."
In response to Reply #2

Vhenylos was intended to have a kind of holier-than-thou personality. Born into royalty, decides its his duty to help the inferior races of Thera, and so on.

I was glad for the opportunity to have some conflicts with you, and also with Baylin. It helped turn the personality from an idea into something I could actually play.

It was kinda bummed that I didn't have any chances later on in life. But the character kinda lost steam somewhere along the line.

Good character though, OOC I liked ya, even if you're not a true Paladin.

Attachment #1, ( file)

Angynn (Anonymous)Mon 05-Sep-11 11:01 AM
Charter member
#102265, "Hehe, Vhenylos grew on me."
In response to Reply #5

Vhenylos DID come off as that holier than thou early on, but
I'm wondering why it never got directed at me during a couple
of early talks? Or at least didn't seem to be directed at me.
Not that I mind! I was just all prepared to do my anti-racism
speil and never got my shot at it. Hahaha. Just curious I guess.
I never had any trouble with Vhen on a personal level, and as a
player I totally dug him.

JavaMon 05-Sep-11 11:31 AM
1055 posts
#102266, "Actually.."
In response to Reply #11

That was entirely due to a lack of attention to detail on my part as a player.

I didn't realize you were Half-Drow until like our fourth or fifth interaction, and by then I thought it would be awkward. I was upset at myself though.. talk about a missed opportunity. How awesome would it be to call the Cardinal "Drow" and start that whole mess?

I did have other plans though. I was fully intending on explaining to you how you were a failure as a Paladin. Sadly, the opportunity never came up IC. Vhenylos thought anyone who didn't follow the Baer-version of the Paladin Code was corrupting it and thus not a true Paladin (had a long talk with Caerdryn about just that.. and he totally threw you and Thevara under the bus).

It was fun running with you those few times though. Wish we coulda had some deeper interactions.

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Mon 05-Sep-11 08:31 PM
Charter member
#102273, "TO BE FAIR, heh,"
In response to Reply #12

I was already under the bus at that point, from Vhenylos' perspective at least, so it was more like me dragging them under the bus with me as a sort of vindication that the area under the bus was not as bad as it was being made out to be.

... but yeah, I totally dragged them into the conversation.

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 06-Sep-11 06:59 AM
Charter member
#102281, "RE: TO BE FAIR, heh,"
In response to Reply #17

Yeah man, we totally vindicate you. No sweat, it's nice under the bus
You have any idea how hard it is to vault or assassinate someone when
they are under a bus?!?! Under the bus is AWESOME.

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 06-Sep-11 06:57 AM
Charter member
#102280, "RE: Actually.."
In response to Reply #12

Would have made for some interesting talks I agree.
especially with the way Angynn 'argues' Hrm, actually
it would have made for some really funny conversation...
from the players end, the characters would be all serious,
but I'd sure have been laughing and since you turned out to
be java I'm pretty sure you'd have gotten a kick out of it too.

Baylin (Anonymous)Wed 07-Sep-11 12:04 AM
Charter member
#102301, "I did the exact same thing."
In response to Reply #12

Here I am half way through my talk with Angynn (sounds like a dwarf name to me) talking about how it sucks being a half-drow when I realise he too is a half-drow.

Anyway, I like Vhenylos too. Just don't call my angry characters Drow.

JavaWed 07-Sep-11 12:22 AM
1055 posts
#102302, "I was glad to find out you were in the Fort.."
In response to Reply #23

It sucked when you deleted. Despite the forced "peace" that we kinda made, I knew the issues were gonna keep coming up.

I was absolutely gonna "slip" and call you a Drow again. Vhenylos really didn't like half-breeds. Especially the Drow ones. Sorry.

CointreauWed 07-Sep-11 03:06 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
#102307, "I was hoping you would."
In response to Reply #24

I always try to play my Maran on the edge. There's so much detail in game about Maran walking the fine line, yet you rarely ever see it. In Baylin's case it was mostly his temper and bloodlust that came with it.

If you had called Baylin a Drow to his face I'd have probably attacked you, not a full blown pincer, but maybe a nice overhead. Would have certainly made thing interesting.

Angynn (Anonymous)Wed 07-Sep-11 01:13 AM
Charter member
#102306, "Hehehe"
In response to Reply #23

Yeah man that was hilarious, you going on about being a poor
mistreated half-drow and how no one understands or something
and here I am thinking what the hell? Doesn't anyone use WHO?
I as the player and Angynn as the character both just found it
a bit amusing, and neither took offense. Wow that was a wierd
statement. I get it alot though, I wasn't thinking about
how 'dwarfy' the name sounded when I picked it. It has made for
some fun conversation though. Hahaha.

Ghrashik (Anonymous)Sun 04-Sep-11 06:28 PM
Charter member
#102252, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhenylos Ar'dan Baromyrathas t..."
In response to Reply #0

This was a good, quality character from what I could tell. You gave a refreshing interview.

JavaMon 05-Sep-11 11:38 AM
1055 posts
#102268, "You did good."
In response to Reply #1

I laughed when you suggested we do the interview in Imperial lands. But I knew every time Sivyh was online he wanted a chance to kill me (he pretty much told me as much), and I had no idea if he was around at the time.. so I figured safety first. Getting assassinated mid-interview would look pretty bad on my part.

I was impressed though, all around. There's a couple of solid guys coming up in the Fort.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102251 Previous topic | Next topic