Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bhowaer Baheougt the Stainless Han..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101952
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 24-Aug-11 05:56 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101952, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bhowaer Baheougt the Stainless Hands of Righteous Warfare, Marshall of the Fortress"

Wed Aug 24 17:55:25 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Bhowaer perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:265

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Learned a lot, Habbs, 25-Aug-11 07:23 AM, #2
Reply RE: Learned a lot, Sivyh (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 10:00 AM, #3
Reply We had a couple brief fights, Lohoq (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 10:25 AM, #4
Reply RE: We had a couple brief fights, Sivyh (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 11:02 AM, #5
Reply anticipate vs assassinate, incognito, 25-Aug-11 12:30 PM, #6
Reply anticipate vs assassinate, incognito, 25-Aug-11 12:30 PM, #7
Reply Tough goddamned char, Obregon (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 01:07 PM, #8
Reply RE: Tough goddamned char, Habbs, 25-Aug-11 01:14 PM, #9
Reply RE: Learned a lot, Angynn (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 02:20 PM, #10
Reply re: Fortpage, Morin (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 06:18 PM, #11
     Reply RE: re: Fortpage, Angynn (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 10:36 PM, #13
Reply RE: Learned a lot, reject0, 25-Aug-11 07:42 PM, #12
Reply This is going to be a blow to Irusan, Irusan (Anonymous), 26-Aug-11 07:41 AM, #14
Reply What a ride., Morin (Anonymous), 25-Aug-11 06:41 AM, #1

HabbsThu 25-Aug-11 07:23 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101967, "Learned a lot"
In response to Reply #0

(from qhcf)

Haven't been feeling it for a bit now, so I figured I'd throw in the towel and get the marshall spot freed up for someone with more time that could make use of it.

Wanted to finally give a dwarf monk a go of it, and it was really fun. Baer was awesome, and I have no complaints for the majority of his run. A few things I wish could have been better, like temperance seeming to be the only virtue I could have made much use of, but I wasn't expecting that anyhow in picking her religion. Also felt like I was wasting the only perk that Marshall gets besides age and con since I didn't use weapons at all.

I read a lot of people saying that monks would need to use weapons a lot, and I wanted to thumb my nose at that idea, and really never used them at all once I got avoid up. The main problems I had were with the necromancers and their large armies, but that was the same for everyone else as well, and assassins landing assassinate a few times because I was trying to lure them out and gave them too much of an opportunity. Was frustrating towards the end because people I expected would give me a chance to fight wouldn't even let me get close enough to attack unless it was a big gang, but I won't get into the subject of ganging because that is when threads go to crap.

I'll repost this when the delete goes through on officials and maybe add some more there with some specific goodbyes.

Thanks all.

(and extra)

Hopefully my take on dwarf speak wasn't too annoying, I have to watch myself on other characters to make sure I'm not talking like that, and I caught myself a time or two forgetting to do it when I got flustered as Bhowaer.

Baer, thanks a lot for everything. I wish I could have stuck it out longer to show you my thanks instead of saying it here, but I could tell my playing was going to take a hit and I didn't want to be one of those types that fizzle out over a long period. Everything about your religion was perfect for Bhowaer, with the exception of what I mentioned above on how it would have helped a lot to have temperance somehow mesh better. I went into it with 100% expecting it never being an option, and then when we first talked you actually said some things that made me think you had it in mind and my eyes lit up. Regardless, thanks again for everything.

Morin, a great running buddy. You, along with a lot of others as well, could have been a great partner if I was a gankapotomus. There were some times that I would go for the gank, but I typically was more comfortable alone anyhow and saw better results, so for the most part I did things solo. I felt bad at times raiding alone, and I remember a few times where I'd take an item without mentioning it and felt a bit of a "wtf?" in your "well done" . Great job as captain, keep it up.

There are a lot more allies, consider this a general shout out to all of them. Post something and I'll make sure and respond.

Enemies -

Cotz, you were a pain in my rear. I kept trying to figure out a way I could hang with you as a monk. At first you were constantly with the other specter and I had no shot, and then later the only way I could stick with you was when you didn't have an army. Well done, and glad I don't have to try to figure out necromancers with a monk now.

Lohoq and Siyvh, you both assassinated me once I think. I was trying to see if I could anticipate an attempt, and it seems that the answer is no. Wish I could have at least had the chance to face you guys in a fight, but for the most part neither one of you were going to let that happen and there weren't any options for me to force it.

At work, and out of time to try to think of more to add right now. I'll keep an eye out, and would love to hear peoples thoughts.

Sivyh (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 10:00 AM
Charter member
#101968, "RE: Learned a lot"
In response to Reply #2

>Was frustrating towards the end because people I expected would
>give me a chance to fight wouldn't even let me get close
>enough to attack unless it was a big gang

Pity Tavlin.

>Wish I could have at least had the
>chance to face you guys in a fight, but for the most part
>neither one of you were going to let that happen and there
>weren't any options for me to force it.

There's not a lot of upside in that fight for the assassin.

Lohoq (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 10:25 AM
Charter member
#101969, "We had a couple brief fights"
In response to Reply #2

Usually after I missed an assassinate. The problem with both of those is a) you either beat me senseless the next round or b) you disarmed me and took my wave dancer. As much as I like fighting people who wreck me and steal my weapons, I decided assassinating with low grade weapons was probably my best bet from there on out

Sivyh (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 11:02 AM
Charter member
#101970, "RE: We had a couple brief fights"
In response to Reply #4

Also when you miss an assassinate you have no martial trance, so you're even less likely to be able to hang with monk paladin. There's not much reason to stick around against a Bhowaer after missing an assassinate. If it's a character you can beat without trance then stick around and see what happens. Bhowaer was not such a character.

incognitoThu 25-Aug-11 12:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101972, "anticipate vs assassinate"
In response to Reply #2

It's possible that you can anticipate partial assassinates rather than full assassinates.

For example, you can't chargeset a successful assassination, but I -think- you can chargeset anything but one that kills you.

incognitoThu 25-Aug-11 12:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101973, "anticipate vs assassinate"
In response to Reply #2

It's possible that you can anticipate partial assassinates rather than full assassinates.

For example, you can't chargeset a successful assassination, but I -think- you can chargeset anything but one that kills you.

Obregon (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 01:07 PM
Charter member
#101976, "Tough goddamned char"
In response to Reply #2

There was so little I could do against you - it amazed me how completely you dominated me in melee, dire or golden, and it wasn't even close.

Good job man - I don't know if I ever have the patience for another fortie, but if I did a dwarf pally would be up there on my list of desirable chars, and you've certainly contributed to that.

GLWYN
Obs

HabbsThu 25-Aug-11 01:14 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
#101978, "RE: Tough goddamned char"
In response to Reply #8

Hah, you and other good shifters are actually ones that I was more concerned about. There is nothing you do in combat a monk can anticipate, I don't think your combat actions can be avoided, no weapons to respond on, so it came down to my crappy melee defenses trying to hold up long enough to intensify you down.

I was hoping to get a grasp on vulns for the different forms just for you, but in the end I just went for brand and light or holy damage.

If I could have had an allie of yours talking about me, I could have had some tips for you to ruin my day

Angynn (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 02:20 PM
Charter member
#101979, "RE: Learned a lot"
In response to Reply #2

We didn't have alot of time running together, but you were a beast
compared to me. Contrary to opinions at dio's I didn't roll a
monk because of you, I didn't think there would be any and I wanted
to try one. Now that I have them kinda figured out, I'm pretty sure
I'd feel comfortable facing one, though it seems to me that the
tactics have to change a little for different situations. hlf-drw
acolyte monk vs dwarf maran monk, If I were to be facing one of us
I think it would depend on what race/class/build I was how I would
do it. Hehe.
That being said... You were a pretty awesome guy from what I could see
and I had this wistful concept that pretty much none of us would ever
do: Imagine the fort leaders going on a rampage, all on at the same
time, grouped, Morin tanking, Era for eyes and to fill in gaps, me
and you. Depending on who we face curse of radiance, brand, switch
hands to whatever is now vuln, a few specialty things we each can
do later and omg. When you take into account the various virtues
and the maran/acolyte powers just wow. Then I'd think ol' Angynn
would never even suggest such a thing and sigh. I've seen it in my
head though and a little while after it starts most of our enemies
have logged off, several more forties have logged on and we all go
powermad seeing what evils we can just straight beat down, then we
push and push a couple of people that we 'need' for certain things
log off but we are on such a roll we push a little farther and next
thing you know we are a pile of corpses. THEN I'd think. "ya know?
maybe its better not to do that." Hahaha.

So back to the rest: Great monk, and fandamntastic maran
you have kinda set the bar a little higher for the rest of us. Best
of luck with your next, unless you design a monk killing machine,
then uh... mediocre luck on your next.

Morin (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 06:18 PM
Charter member
#101982, "re: Fortpage"
In response to Reply #10

OMG that would have been fricken awesome. I think the three of you running around would have scared the crap out of any of them, then having me there would have let them think they at least had a chance. Hah, but it would have been fun.

Angynn (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 10:36 PM
Charter member
#101986, "RE: re: Fortpage"
In response to Reply #11

Hehe quit it you can totally face the things we can't, I've seen what
a shield pally can do.

reject0Thu 25-Aug-11 07:42 PM
Member since 05th Jan 2005
38 posts
#101983, "RE: Learned a lot"
In response to Reply #2

Under estimated you a couple of times and paid dearly for it. As Rasay I have to echo Obregon's statements, just seemed I couldn't ever do anything to you. I had a necro with probably 9 levels on you when you was in the low thirties and felt like I was winning..then BOOM! I was dead. Well played.

Irusan (Anonymous)Fri 26-Aug-11 07:41 AM
Charter member
#101987, "This is going to be a blow to Irusan"
In response to Reply #2

You know how I felt about you, and you never once let me down. I have always felt the Captain was the tactical and martial leader of the Fortress, and the Marshall was the spiritual leader who tended to the soul of the Fortress. You were an excellent choice for Marshall, and you will be greatly missed.

Morin (Anonymous)Thu 25-Aug-11 06:41 AM
Charter member
#101966, "What a ride."
In response to Reply #0

Great character. Great to run with you. Deadly as you were, it was fun to be able to do some of the things we did together. Thanks for taking up Marshall even though it didn't give you a whole lot of perks. You made me wish I went Monk instead of Shield Ded.

Hope you had a bunch of fun with this one.

GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101952 Previous topic | Next topic