Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Baylin Tarson the Battle-Scarred" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101913
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 23-Aug-11 09:04 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101913, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Baylin Tarson the Battle-Scarred"

Tue Aug 23 21:03:45 2011

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Baylin perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:37
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:70

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Lost my temper and did something IRL I regret., Cointreau, 23-Aug-11 09:13 PM, #1
     Reply Neuro / Farewell, Wayward Knight, 23-Aug-11 11:46 PM, #2
     Reply Farewells., Cointreau, 24-Aug-11 12:07 AM, #3
     Reply Damn., Angynn (Anonymous), 24-Aug-11 12:27 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Farewells., Gleebrok (Anonymous), 24-Aug-11 12:48 AM, #5
     Reply I liked Baylin, Morin (Anonymous), 24-Aug-11 05:17 AM, #7
     Reply Baylin rocked!, Argivo (Anonymous), 24-Aug-11 09:20 AM, #8
     Reply Good luck!, Explosion, 24-Aug-11 02:07 AM, #6

CointreauTue 23-Aug-11 09:11 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101914, "Lost my temper and did something IRL I regret."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 23-Aug-11 09:13 PM

As punishment I've deleted Baylin, a character which I highly enjoyed the PK side to, but really wasn't enjoying the role.

I am unsure if I'll be back. I simply cannot play a game that gets me this worked up, it is not healthy and unfair on those I have to live with. I used to have a lot of anger issues with CF when I was younger, but since coming back I never lost it until now. Anger was the primary reason I stopped playing back then, and may be why I have to stop again.

I'll post farewells later.

PS. Nuero is broken.

Wayward KnightTue 23-Aug-11 11:46 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2010
129 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101918, "Neuro / Farewell"
In response to Reply #1

Please add your two cents on Neuro on the post I have created in the Gameplay forum.

Also, I liked Baylin. Sad to see you go. I hope you come back with another.

CointreauWed 24-Aug-11 12:07 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101919, "Farewells."
In response to Reply #1

I rolled Baylin after playing Jere and highly regretting not going Fortress instead of Spire. I missed raiding, defending, and the support that comes from a cabal. Axe is easily my favorite spec, and I'd always wanted to try a dexy one. I think Baylin was quite successful with only 19 str and 24 dex. Weapon breaker however is terrible with low str, its either heavily dependant on str of weapon weight, but either way I failed 9/10 tries with it. Pincer seems purely % based as it was just as successful as my giant axe specs.

I'd wanted to try a Warrior build I'd been toying with for a long time. A high dex axe/dagger warrior with whirlwind of steel. I figured you could hamstring, hurl leg then switch to axes and pincer away. The biggest weakness of the axe is that its so easily dodged, but with heavy -dex you're not dodging anything, and its already difficult to parry. Add whirlwind of steel on top of all that -dex and it in theory should be a pretty potent build. I also liked Maran for the unlimited lightweight light forge axes.

Angynn: Very cool character, I always enjoyed having you around.

Morin: Commanding and firm leader. I liked you a lot. I just wish you didn't die so much!

Fralstarn (sp?): We never actually got to run together but our chats were always great and I appreciated all the advice. P.S. Choose already!

Vhenylos: I actually really liked your character, but you called Baylin a Drow which automatically pisses him off. I was looking forward to interacting with you more.

Argivo: Sorry I won't be around to look out for you anymore, I always liked helping you where I could. You seem like you have real potential and given enough time could turn into beast one day.

Enemies: The thing I loved about Baylin was against almost anyone I stood a decent chance of killing them. There were very few one sided fights where I felt utterly hopeless (except vs. muters). On the flip side there were a lot of combos that an axe spec just destroys. I tried not to multi kill, but sometimes I felt I did. I apologies to anyone who experienced this.

IMMs: Thanks as always for the great game, and all the imm exp (I dunno why I got so much). I had meant to interact with Daervyn as a semi-follower but I never really got into that side of the role as Baylin.

I'm sure I've forgotten people, I always do, just shout out if I have.

Angynn (Anonymous)Wed 24-Aug-11 12:27 AM
Charter member
#101920, "Damn."
In response to Reply #3

I really liked Baylin and the mention of his brothers.
'course I liked Jere too. hehe.
Sorry about whatever happened man, more sorry you couldn't get
into the character more. If you have a break and come back
best of luck with your next, if you need to keep off the 'juice'
you will be missed.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Wed 24-Aug-11 12:48 AM
Charter member
#101922, "RE: Farewells."
In response to Reply #3

Jere was really cool, shame he had to go, really liked what I saw from this char too, I wouldnt get too stressed about mid rank pks, at some point you can cover svsp with gear but just accept it Also axes easy to dodge?

Morin (Anonymous)Wed 24-Aug-11 05:17 AM
Charter member
#101930, "I liked Baylin"
In response to Reply #3

Well done. I liked Baylin a LOT. Very well role played. I loved the way your inner conflicts came out in game.

Thanks for the Kudos, and believe me I wish I didn't die as much too. I go full retard a whole lot more than I should, but I'm having a blast so it really is just me taking full advantage of Leader CON, at least that's what I tell myself at night.

Hope you come back soon.

GLWYN

Argivo (Anonymous)Wed 24-Aug-11 09:20 AM
Charter member
#101935, "Baylin rocked!"
In response to Reply #3

Hey, I think you played your character. your build, and your role really well and I'm sorry to see you take a break. You were awesome! From an IC perspective, Argivo looked up to you as his idol. Baylin was always popping up, killing some evil rampager, and moving on with his day; Argivo pretty much wanted to be you. I think he'll be crushed, but them's are the breaks

Thanks so much for helping Argivo out, I had tons of fun with the i am clueless but sincere/ veteran mentor interactions, and I really appreciated the IC help. Baylin has major mentions/influences in my role so far--you'll see later

Baylin was always crackling with tension and impatience and lethality, a personification of one kind of ideal fighter of darkness; it was a joy to interact with you.

I'm a little new to the game, but I think it's the standard to pick up the PBF for someone you had respect for -- I'll see if I can get to it before you do

ExplosionWed 24-Aug-11 02:07 AM
Member since 06th Jul 2011
381 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101926, "Good luck!"
In response to Reply #1

Earier, I had same problems. Now problems coming from the wife's side, so sometimes I have to suddenly drop link, closing zmud

CF is a good training machine for your own character and allows you to improve yourself, if you understand what you are doing and notice your own flaws. So, instead of dropping CF, perhaps try to find your problem and get rid of it? It will help you greately in RL, if you accept advices from unknown people

Wish you best in RL/CF!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101913 Previous topic | Next topic