Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nharuk Meadstone the Holy of Faith..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101673
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 15-Aug-11 05:08 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101673, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nharuk Meadstone the Holy of Faith, Squad Leader"

Mon Aug 15 17:04:45 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Nharuk perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:130

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nharuk Meadstone (Anonymous)Mon 22-Aug-11 05:03 PM
Charter member
#101815, "Seeya"
In response to Reply #0

This character was a pain in the butt for me right from the get-go. I had a role entry error that was just a big, ugly eye-sore to me, and the only way to fix it was just to enter another chapter and hope it would be overlooked.

Next, I really disliked the way the shaman class plays out in PK. The majority of the time, you are hovering near empty on mana, your supps never seem to land on anyone with halfway-decent saves, and everyone knows exactly when to run from you. Summon fails so often that it's a horrible method for reeling in the kill. Basically, it's a great class if you intend to gank. Summoning to split apart a group and having a groupmate bash someone down is evil. But, most people don't want to play like that. I certainly don't. I feel like this class should be less about "sending people packing" and more about "being hard as hell to get away from." It just wasn't for me. 'Nuff said.

Fort was ok. I don't like the extreme love heaped upon the power-combo characters who were in their early to mid 30's. No knock to them, personally, but imho it's unfair. Basically, it's giving more power to already powerful combos which are great at PK. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself, "If I had rolled a warrior, thief, assassin, transmuter, invoker, or conjurer I'd be Maran by now just based on kill count. I'd probably have a tat too." It sucks man!

I think there were a few really competent, really deadly people flying sort of under the radar in Fort, and it was nice to run into them once in a while. The mainstay of the Fort has, and always has been, newer players. And I think that is a good thing. Sure, it can be frustrating here and there, and I apologize if I ever got irritated with any of you. Even though you guys are still polishing up that killer PK instinct, you bring so much to the table in terms of roleplay and camaraderie that I'd say it's more than a fair trade.

Anyways, thanks all.

IunnaSun 21-Aug-11 08:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101778, "Sorry to see this."
In response to Reply #0

I liked this character concept overall, and I especially enjoyed
watching your interactions with Outlander - good job on that front.

Good luck with whatever's next for you.

Morin (Anonymous)Mon 15-Aug-11 06:14 PM
Charter member
#101678, "Come on... Whats up with this?"
In response to Reply #0

Dude. What the heck. You had great RP. You were doing well I thought. What's goin on?

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 16-Aug-11 06:30 PM
Charter member
#101692, "RE: Come on... Whats up with this?"
In response to Reply #1

Though I'd wish it otherwise it probably had more than a little
to do with me. Considering tht last trip.

In any case Meadstone:
Awesomely played and good luck with your next.
I really liked all the bee stuff early on.

Nharuk (Anonymous)Mon 22-Aug-11 05:08 PM
Charter member
#101816, "RE: Come on... Whats up with this?"
In response to Reply #2

It had nothing to do with you.

Sleep less, be a bit more alert in dangerous situations, and you'll be just fine sir. Good job!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101673 Previous topic | Next topic