Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand Mast..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101649
Show all folders | View messages in linear mode

Death_AngelSun 14-Aug-11 08:04 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101649, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand Master of Artistry"

Sun Aug 14 20:03:16 2011

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Otjiza perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:163

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand ..., Otjiza (Anonymous), 15-Aug-11 01:32 AM, #2
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand ..., Borkahd, 15-Aug-11 06:27 AM, #3
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand ..., Otjiza (Anonymous), 15-Aug-11 05:21 PM, #9
     Reply Try a wood elf next time., Allysia (Anonymous), 16-Aug-11 06:38 AM, #13
Reply I had the same experience. , Lhydia, 15-Aug-11 08:33 AM, #4
Reply not totally surprised, Ganicus (Anonymous), 15-Aug-11 09:32 AM, #5
     Reply I'd agree, but not where bard is concerned, incognito, 15-Aug-11 12:21 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I'd agree, but not where bard is concerned, Daevryn, 15-Aug-11 12:34 PM, #7
          Reply For me, incognito, 15-Aug-11 05:20 PM, #8
     Reply RE: not totally surprised, Otjiza (Anonymous), 15-Aug-11 05:33 PM, #10
          Reply Quick Rites, Twist, 15-Aug-11 06:08 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Quick Rites, Otjiza (Anonymous), 15-Aug-11 09:00 PM, #12
Reply Damn, Nuk (Anonymous), 15-Aug-11 01:02 AM, #1

Otjiza (Anonymous)Mon 15-Aug-11 01:32 AM
Charter member
#101654, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #0

Just got tired of dying and I was getting bored. Thought an arial bard scout would be more of a survivor what with echo, being untrippable, and dodging area spells and all but I couldn't survive for nothing. The last kill was the last straw. Admittedly I forgot to dirt and run but when I'm getting killed by a bird form without even being able to get them below scratches and that's with the head its time to hang it up. Never got looted so it wasn't that - just an all around failure of concept somewhere when it came to being survivable.

BorkahdMon 15-Aug-11 06:27 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101656, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #2

My only real experiences with this character all seemed like the player was getting frustrated and speaking OOC or was jumping in on other people's fights. I'm not stating that happened all of the time, just whenever I interacted with you.

RP is a common problem and always has been in CF. Many people seem to have problems with the concept of RP and only kind of turn it on sometimes. I may just be a nazi though, my origins are in a RPI.

I'm sorry you didn't have fun, battle bards can be rough. Good luck with the next though!

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Otjiza (Anonymous)Mon 15-Aug-11 05:21 PM
Charter member
#101675, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Otjiza Brookshire the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #3

Hmm...

I dont honestly remember 'jumping' on anyones fights. I've played Villagers before and i'm usually noted for doing the exact opposite (My last villager was Hyu Strongarm). I would however sing for anyone who was fighting and usually the enemy would attack me while I was singing and bring me into the fight and then id flee, come back and sing some more and get attacked again. But if I did I dont believe it was enough to be noted...but if I jumped into your fights...my bad.

I also don't really recall ever going OOC up until the end when I lost it being killed by that bird. I played a drunk, mostly always talked about drinking or fighting or women. Kept it simple. Maybe you could point out a specific event that stands out so I can get a better idea of what you might see as me going OOC? I do try and RP even if in today s game its hard to maintain complete RP when you are mostly leveling and fighting.

Allysia (Anonymous)Tue 16-Aug-11 06:38 AM
Charter member
#101685, "Try a wood elf next time."
In response to Reply #9

If you want a battle bard that is. 24 dex is pretty good for defenses, and 22 charisma is so much better for singing. Don't worry about trips, not worth playing as an arial bard villager for trip protection.

Otjiza was not quite to Hyu's level, but he was not bad at all. I just liked Hyu more.
And damn was that annoying when you woke the War Master on the dragon sea, but yeah, a chance to try and get two nexuns and an imperial, I can see why you tried.

LhydiaMon 15-Aug-11 08:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#101657, "I had the same experience. "
In response to Reply #2

Also played arial bard for the same reasons, got all the edges I wanted and although I didn't really die a lot, I lacked the 'umph' I thought I would have with that class combination. I think at the end of the day the low charisma just makes it not worth it because your songs suck so hard, even with all the edges. It was one of my best tanks though, second only to elf shield paladin.

Ganicus (Anonymous)Mon 15-Aug-11 09:32 AM
Charter member
#101659, "not totally surprised"
In response to Reply #2

You seemed to be a little bit new to the class/cabal combo and got frsutrated a lot.

All those jabs about maybe trying to PK instead of power rank... playing a villager is pretty much like jumping into the deep end, you don't have tons of leeway to make mistakes without going splat. Its easier to slowly add to your skill set when trying something new to get a feel for how to work it then trying to get all your tools at once then figuring out how to make sense of them.

I will admit my first village bard was an arial and it was a flop. The low charisma ciombined with enemies who will take advantage of resist mental preps made it difficult to land key songs right away, without being able to use potions/staves/scrolls its pretty important to get the key stuff off because getting out of a bind is tougher. I know a lot of villagers worry about flight but it not flying sounds worse in theory then it actually is in practice, if you want to go battle bard give wood elf or human a try next time.

Best of luck with your next.

incognitoMon 15-Aug-11 12:21 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101665, "I'd agree, but not where bard is concerned"
In response to Reply #5

Bard is much easier to play once you get echoes, at the very least. Fiend also enables you to land easy kills.

Personally, I wouldn't go arial bard though, because of the charisma.

DaevrynMon 15-Aug-11 12:34 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#101666, "RE: I'd agree, but not where bard is concerned"
In response to Reply #6

I personally learned a lot about bards by trying to PK with one the whole way up. YMMV.

incognitoMon 15-Aug-11 05:20 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101674, "For me"
In response to Reply #7

It probably only worked for these reasons:
a) feign weakness edge made people spam bash on me so I could kill them without having to lag them
b) I can use terrain etc. well.

For a new person... not convinced bard is suited at lower levels. You lose the benefit of scrolls/staves. You probably aren't flying when those thieves jump you. etc.

Otjiza (Anonymous)Mon 15-Aug-11 05:33 PM
Charter member
#101676, "RE: not totally surprised"
In response to Reply #5

As far as PK goes...

I had a real good reason with this character as to why I didnt go all out trying to PK. First off I read my PBF from when I was playing Hyu Strongarm.

Something about I got titled and veteran as a boobie prize because my con was too low for consideration to be leader after I pretty much won the first part of the rites if we were going by any point system I can think of.

Ive been playing Villagers for YEARS - and the story is almost always the same with my timing. I get in usually when the village is at a low point membership-wise, fight fight fight, kill some, get killed even more, the leader dies or deletes or whatever, Im still fighting and dying as a villager should and in the meantime a month straight will go by in real time before the Rites are held.

This time I FINALLY get the timing somewhat right where I actually think about my CON because I have wanted the experience of being a cabal leader for awhile now and in a twist of freakin fate the Rites come QUICK with a freakin two-day warning and its the same weekend im driving from Michigan to Connecticut. Can't make it. That was a super let-down. Kinda lost my spark for the character after that - and not having any 'uumph' as they say added to that greatly. Going from an Axe-Hand berserker who could have killed that bird with ease o at least have gotten away pretty easy otherwise to not een being able to get him past scratches - sheesh. I have never minded dying, most my characters con-die...but I don't like life as a punching bag.

TwistMon 15-Aug-11 06:08 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#101677, "Quick Rites"
In response to Reply #10

My fault on that. Thror was thinking of not running them for a while, yet, and seeing if there were any standouts. I put forth that if he waited for standouts, there'd never be any Rites, because Battle was in a serious slump, and advocated that he just hold the Rites that weekend and grab the best two, so there would at least be some inducting and new blood and stuff.

Sorry it made you lose your spark!

Otjiza (Anonymous)Mon 15-Aug-11 09:00 PM
Charter member
#101681, "RE: Quick Rites"
In response to Reply #11

Thats cool. I'll be playing another villager eventually. I play one almost after every other character cause I hate prepping.

Nuk (Anonymous)Mon 15-Aug-11 01:02 AM
Charter member
#101653, "Damn"
In response to Reply #0

Really liked this character. You seemed to try hard. What gives?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101649 Previous topic | Next topic