Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Maravon LionHeart the Legend of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101594
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 11-Aug-11 01:48 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101594, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Maravon LionHeart the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Aug 11 13:44:34 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Maravon perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:190

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Maravon LionHeart the Legend ..., phawa (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 03:41 PM, #6
Reply Well, that was fun, Maravon (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 02:09 PM, #1
     Reply While this is sad to see..., Angynn (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 02:28 PM, #2
     Reply was hoping for a chance to take on the bull, laxman, 11-Aug-11 03:05 PM, #3
     Reply Yeap, you got it., Maravon (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 03:26 PM, #4
          Reply Maravon Wins. Lethality. (n/t), Twist, 11-Aug-11 03:29 PM, #5
               Reply I never saw you vis ONE time to figure out that damned ..., Gaspar, 11-Aug-11 03:44 PM, #7
                    Reply I don't think I'd have been able to tell you..., Twist, 11-Aug-11 06:47 PM, #13
                         Reply I'm scared of Daev though.., Gaspar, 11-Aug-11 08:31 PM, #14
     Reply I was a big fan of this character. , TMNS, 11-Aug-11 04:17 PM, #8
     Reply Liked Maravon, Morin (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 04:34 PM, #9
     Reply Way to be!, Running Budy (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 04:44 PM, #10
     Reply SO Damn Classy, Obregon (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 04:57 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun, Laeranna (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 06:04 PM, #12

phawa (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 03:41 PM
Charter member
#101601, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Maravon LionHeart the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #0

Powerful, though still no match for the imperial duergar sword spec .. strong char,like your previous ones, right Guzgred?

Maravon (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 02:09 PM
Charter member
#101595, "Well, that was fun"
In response to Reply #0

Maravon was a build I wanted to do for a long time. If there's one thing I've learned...

Damage is King.

When you're rolling up a storm giant sword spec, you've really got to think to yourself.. do I really even need a second spec? FLURRY FLURRY FLURRY

I set out to accomplish one thing, but failed. That one thing was to figure out a longtime secret I've yet to unearth. Woe is me.

If you do roll up a giant with the intention of taking no 2nd spec, be sure to have nodisarm swords. And for storm giants, there are a few options. Two humansunders? no thanks. I'd have con died trying to kill the king to get them. There was a much better alternative for a maran anyways. Far more lethal than humansunders at times.

with my best set, not sure if I saved it or not, and all the +dam preps I could think of, I was at 100+ damage roll. So there are not really a lot of people sticking around to get flurried when that starts landing.

Everyone in the Fortress was great, and I hope I did the blue dragon lair justice. Great leadership right now in there.

Thanks to little miss jaguar for the Maranation, and I know praying about being maran is bad, but I only did it after specific battles where you'd have to think... if he had eyes, he'd be alive and cotzibue dead, or tavlin... too many times I got them to convulsing, they flee, and then run right pass me. auto-attack FTW! It was usually flurry lag that caused that.

I had a lot of fun! Not one bad thing I could say at all.

Angynn (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 02:28 PM
Charter member
#101596, "While this is sad to see..."
In response to Reply #1

You warned us it was coming, and dude you were awesome.
I had no idea your damage roll was that high, but it explains
alot. Other than the fighting bits, Maravon was just an
all around good character, great maran, and my personal fav:
not overblown with self importance from what I saw.

Thanks for all the potions by the way, I just never seem to
have good timing at the docks so I quit bothering for the
most part. You will be missed, and I'm glad you had fun
with it.

See you in another life.

laxmanThu 11-Aug-11 03:05 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101597, " was hoping for a chance to take on the bull"
In response to Reply #1

Loved the logs, way to make maran seem tough!

Cry/Chilling sword/hand? or did you not even bother to use the second spec?

Personally I liked humansunder main hand and bal'talon in the off when I played my fort storm sword. Honestly killing the king is kinda (borderline retarded) easy with just 2 or 3 people as long as one of you has a high damage output (usually the sword spec wanting it). If you understand the King AI it gets a lot easier and just assume the king knows the "easy" way(s) to beat his advantages and takes actions specifically to counter those.

Maravon (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 03:26 PM
Charter member
#101599, "Yeap, you got it."
In response to Reply #3

Cry of thunder for a 0 hour of haste and 14 dam, +8 for chilling

Sword and no 2nd spec

When you think about it, storm giants are the best for fighting the king but you have to cleave his shield, wear the black dragon hide, and have something he cannot disarm. Then, you've got to have bard resistance and hopefully some sanc for just an easy life. You can do it solo but the lightning can even be a bit too much if you don't take care of the priests since anytime you enter it summons another. So I say screw it. Lots of trouble, plus they were already in circulation, so the king didn't have any. Did I mention he dispels like crazy?

I liked having two nodisarm divine weapons better than any 'ol humansunder because if you phoenix brand anything, you're getting even more ridiculous damage done because you're basically slapping on a duergar vuln. Everyone's a duergar with phoenix brand! lol I didn't count on getting Maran, but when it happened the lethality(not sure if that's a word) increased.

Made PvE really fun too

TwistThu 11-Aug-11 03:29 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101600, "Maravon Wins. Lethality. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #4

nt

GasparThu 11-Aug-11 03:44 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#101602, "I never saw you vis ONE time to figure out that damned ..."
In response to Reply #5

And praying just seemed silly! :p

"What's this great magic stored in this blade! HARK!"

I tend to not bother IMM's outside of my sphere unless they are vis/see them on where/scan..etc...

TwistThu 11-Aug-11 06:47 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#101610, "I don't think I'd have been able to tell you..."
In response to Reply #7

...probably Daevryn could though.

GasparThu 11-Aug-11 08:31 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#101612, "I'm scared of Daev though.."
In response to Reply #13

He knows everything.

See what I mean?

TMNSThu 11-Aug-11 04:17 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#101604, "I was a big fan of this character. "
In response to Reply #1

Still can't believe you killed those two blades and me at the Roadside Shrine. That was absurd. I would have Maran'd you on the spot for that IMHO.

I did feel kinda bad relentlessly mowing you down when we had numbers, but by god man! You just wouldn't give up. LionHeart was the perfect last name for you.

GLWYN.

Morin (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 04:34 PM
Charter member
#101605, "Liked Maravon"
In response to Reply #1

Good steady presence. Good character, but a loner, which I can dig.

Hope your next is just as fun.

Running Budy (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 04:44 PM
Charter member
#101606, "Way to be!"
In response to Reply #1

Cool character.

You get a bag of snot flavored oreos for taking a +9/+9 wakizashi as a gift then con dying though.

Obregon (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 04:57 PM
Charter member
#101607, "SO Damn Classy"
In response to Reply #1

You were a great foe. Respectful, always willing to tussle, not afraid to go it alone - all of which made you stand out from most of your cabal mates.

Loved fighting you, but that time you got me on the docks, the rp after was definitely a high point.

I know I caught you with your pants down a few times, so sorry if I pushed your con over the edge. Great job, great maran.

Obs

Laeranna (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 06:04 PM
Charter member
#101608, "RE: Well, that was fun"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for all the help to get me to hero. I had a lot of fun traveling with you. I was hoping that we would've been able to explore a lot more. Good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101594 Previous topic | Next topic