Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Athaldos the Holy of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101412
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 02-Aug-11 10:08 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101412, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Athaldos the Holy of Faith"

Tue Aug 2 10:05:46 2011

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Athaldos perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:207

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Athaldos the Holy of Faith, Larshalv, 02-Aug-11 11:27 AM, #3
Reply you know Baer and Rayihn are the same person right? nt, laxman, 02-Aug-11 11:33 AM, #4
Reply RE: you know Baer and Rayihn are the same person right?..., Larshalv, 02-Aug-11 11:35 AM, #5
     Reply RE: you know Baer and Rayihn are the same person right?..., Rayihn, 02-Aug-11 11:59 AM, #6
          Reply I really wanted to finish a talk., Larshalv, 02-Aug-11 01:12 PM, #8
Reply You were a lot of fun!, Kelstrane (Anonymous), 02-Aug-11 12:37 PM, #7
Reply RE: You were a lot of fun!, Larshalv, 02-Aug-11 01:21 PM, #9
Reply Thanks!, Iliandar (Anonymous), 02-Aug-11 02:16 PM, #10
Reply Great guy, Angynn (Anonymous), 02-Aug-11 04:59 PM, #11
Reply Angynn!, Larshalv, 02-Aug-11 05:26 PM, #12
Reply Glad you enjoyed it!, Nnaeshuk, 04-Aug-11 04:50 AM, #13
Reply Great Maran Shaman, Maravon (Anonymous), 02-Aug-11 10:43 AM, #2
Reply You'll be missed, Morin (Anonymous), 02-Aug-11 10:40 AM, #1

LarshalvTue 02-Aug-11 11:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101415, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Athaldos the Holy of Faith"
In response to Reply #0

Well this was a fun run!

Morin! A beast in paladin form! We had loads of fun, it was always hunting, rarely exploring but fighting or defending together. One could not have asked more from a Captain! I really enjoyed our talks and fights!

Maravon, err, holy crap, you made me fear warriors to such a great degree. And your knowledge of the game made me feel quite humble. Albeit I have forgotten so many things in the game since I started. (since 95 or 93? I forget) Your companionship was amazing!

Bhowaer, another big presence in the Fortress! Though more of a loner for me. When you were about you always made an impact.

Iliandar! Dude always present, and in a good mood. Keep trucking!

Silaxen! You went away for such a long time. I was hoping to see you as Maran while I was about. You were a great companion.

Rayihn, thank you so much for the empowerment. I had really hoped to interact more with you, and for a long time I visited your shrine just about every day. After not finding you for a long period I "gave up" not entirely but mostly. And thank you for giving me the last empowerment even if I was not online when you were there. Im pretty sure our times just did not end up crossing. (Not that it helped that I moved from Texas to Norway over summer and that Im moving back when summer ends. Time differance sucks.)

Baerinka, thank you for the Maranation! I hope I lived up to the expectations! I continued to interview people and fight with the powers. I just have to say its great to see a presence in the Cabal from time to time. It drives people to perform!

Nnaeshuk! You are an awesome presence in the Fortress! Keep inspiring young squires!

There are many more but this would be an essay if I wrote about it.

Foes
Cotzibue, alas my bane! a combination of pwk/sleep/maledictions and a shamans ability to do anything to undead is how shall I put it, horrendous.

Wiril, I was enjoying our fights at low levels, and it ended up with you getting two assassinations! After that you stayed at that level. You said you would level up but it never happened.

All in all I had loads of fun fights with people showing up and fighting. I was semi-careful. But hardly to the extent that I would not show up.

Regarding the shaman class, it should have something added for fighting undead. Turn undead is decent, but hardly good. You are after all the wrath of a god.

I did not like using wither and rot, hardly used rot, think it was still at 75% at the end, only used it to a very few fights. I dont think any of my foes died to it. Wither on the other hand I had to use against certain warriors, alas would never had a chance with it not used.

Regarding Fortress powers.
Squire: make it a scale, so that you get some powers as you progress. it is very frustrating waiting for maranation to just walk around with mantle (as it is as a squire). (as a shaman I had the same communes that gave me the same, but prep wise its super easy to gather, not comparable to other cabal powers.)

Maran: Well balanced.

Thank you all for making it a great experience. I know I talk a fair bit on cb, but thats just the me coming out. So I apologize for that.

laxmanTue 02-Aug-11 11:33 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101416, "you know Baer and Rayihn are the same person right? nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

LarshalvTue 02-Aug-11 11:35 AM
96 posts
#101417, "RE: you know Baer and Rayihn are the same person right?..."
In response to Reply #4

I had no idea! *rofl* joy! Well good to know for the future.

RayihnTue 02-Aug-11 11:59 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#101418, "RE: you know Baer and Rayihn are the same person right?..."
In response to Reply #5

Hah, well, I play Baer during the day from work and then try and squeeze Rayihn in at nights from home, though that time is often more spent chasing a toddler around. I liked Athaldos generally, though I wanted you to step it up a little - preach more, etc. Kept meaning to catch up to you with Ray and talk more about religion but it just didn't quite work out.

Good luck on your next!

LarshalvTue 02-Aug-11 01:12 PM
96 posts
#101423, "I really wanted to finish a talk."
In response to Reply #6

I had so many things planned, but since I never saw you online after our first meeting I stopped gathering the things that I wanted to use, somewhat alike the things I had with the first interview. Varying from size differances from the first items to sculptures of a mermaid, to a bowl of summoning (water) and some poetic watery writing.

As for the preaching, it was one of the intentions but it just seemed to fall through, I rarely just sat about unless it was defending. Something I had mixed feelings about.

Again thanks for the interactions! What you did for the char is a great part of what it became.

Kelstrane (Anonymous)Tue 02-Aug-11 12:36 PM
Charter member
#101422, "You were a lot of fun!"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Tue 02-Aug-11 12:37 PM

We sort of ranked up together, though you had to take it much slower. Thanks for messing around with me and helping me with my rods, sad we couldn't do more together.

Finishing these classes has been -KILLING- my login times

LarshalvTue 02-Aug-11 01:21 PM
96 posts
#101424, "RE: You were a lot of fun!"
In response to Reply #7

Dude! We had so much fun when we started travelling! You had a fair bit of knowledge and I attempted to rp the wand knowledge from Ath's side, which was relatively easy as I had helped so many get to their wands by "tanking" and helping them get to theirs. (And it does help knowing how to get to those places having been a serial shapeshifter player for many years).

I was actually torn between raiding and traveling with you when you asked, but obligations to a cabal had to take priority.

Cheers

Iliandar (Anonymous)Tue 02-Aug-11 02:16 PM
Charter member
#101425, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #3

I do try. It's a shame I didn't get to meet you any longer, but it was fun while we did.

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 02-Aug-11 04:59 PM
Charter member
#101430, "Great guy"
In response to Reply #3

I'll echo Morin, you'll be missed.
I had fun, and a nice long talk when
you interviewed me. Thanks.

LarshalvTue 02-Aug-11 05:26 PM
96 posts
#101432, "Angynn!"
In response to Reply #11

You were a great addition to the Fortress in a time were there were few/none acolytes. Im glad to hear Ill be missed, yet I am glad I have put Athaldos to rest.

I hope to see you progress in the ranks of the Fortress still!

NnaeshukThu 04-Aug-11 04:50 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#101467, "Glad you enjoyed it!"
In response to Reply #3

I always enjoy interacting with people. Best of luck on whatever is next!

Nae-nae

Maravon (Anonymous)Tue 02-Aug-11 10:43 AM
Charter member
#101414, "Great Maran Shaman"
In response to Reply #0

I always like having an ally that uses dispel.

Sorry to see you gone, good luck with your next!

Morin (Anonymous)Tue 02-Aug-11 10:40 AM
Charter member
#101413, "You'll be missed"
In response to Reply #0

Liked this character a whole lot. You had great presence and I thought we're doing very well. I'm glad to have run with you for so long. Hope you had fun.

GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101412 Previous topic | Next topic