Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Dalnik Trayvor the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101297
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Jul-11 11:12 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101297, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Dalnik Trayvor the Planewalker"

Thu Jul 28 11:08:21 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Dalnik perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:89

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bah...so annoying., Minyar, 28-Jul-11 11:19 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Bah...so annoying., Isildur, 28-Jul-11 11:54 AM, #2
     Reply You come across as so naive sometimes, Isildur :P, Treebeard, 28-Jul-11 12:07 PM, #3
     Reply RE: You come across as so naive sometimes, Isildur :P, Isildur, 28-Jul-11 01:52 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Bah...so annoying., Minyar, 28-Jul-11 01:07 PM, #7
     Reply Mob level, laxman, 28-Jul-11 01:22 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Bah...so annoying., Isildur, 28-Jul-11 01:54 PM, #11
          Reply You're awfully defensive of Cotzibue, Tsunami, 28-Jul-11 03:43 PM, #14
               Reply RE: You're awfully defensive of Cotzibue, Isildur, 28-Jul-11 04:12 PM, #15
                    Reply No, Stunna, 28-Jul-11 04:28 PM, #16
                    Reply RE: No, Isildur, 28-Jul-11 05:00 PM, #18
                         Reply You're being "meh" by..., Tsunami, 28-Jul-11 05:24 PM, #21
                              Reply Right., Stunna, 29-Jul-11 08:06 AM, #34
                                   Reply RE: Right., Isildur, 29-Jul-11 02:01 PM, #36
                    Reply My logic argues..., Tsunami, 28-Jul-11 04:34 PM, #17
                         Reply RE: My logic argues..., Isildur, 28-Jul-11 05:01 PM, #19
                              Reply Good argument., Tsunami, 28-Jul-11 05:08 PM, #20
                              Reply u mad. n/t, Lhydia, 28-Jul-11 06:26 PM, #23
                              Reply super mad nt, Tsunami, 28-Jul-11 07:29 PM, #26
                              Reply RE: Good argument., Isildur, 28-Jul-11 07:14 PM, #24
                                   Reply I don't have any because I got full looted too much nt, Tsunami, 28-Jul-11 07:28 PM, #25
                              Reply Your post is right on, unfortunately., Oldril, 28-Jul-11 10:53 PM, #32
                                   Reply Uh...ooc crew?, Minyar, 29-Jul-11 07:56 AM, #33
     Reply Ok...so as I think about it more., Minyar, 28-Jul-11 09:32 PM, #31
     Reply RE: Bah...so annoying., Bhowaer (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 12:20 PM, #4
     Reply Actually...my wand locations were quite nice., Minyar, 28-Jul-11 01:05 PM, #6
     Reply Treaty, Balakai (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 12:27 PM, #5
     Reply Just a bit of an FYI..., Irusan (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 01:45 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Just a bit of an FYI..., Minyar, 28-Jul-11 08:53 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Bah...so annoying., citizen (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 02:05 PM, #
     Reply RE: Bah...so annoying., Minyar, 28-Jul-11 08:54 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Bah...so annoying., citizen (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 02:05 PM, #12
     Reply Dude, Morin (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 02:19 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Dude, Minyar, 28-Jul-11 09:17 PM, #30
     Reply Hahaha., Angynn (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 06:23 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Hahaha., Minyar, 28-Jul-11 09:11 PM, #29
     Reply Um. Dude I think you are awesome ..buuuuuuut, Drag0nSt0rm, 29-Jul-11 11:13 AM, #35

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 11:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101298, "Bah...so annoying."
In response to Reply #0

All I am going to say is that I had a lot of fun with the character but when I looked and saw I was down to 8 con and then I read the note about not breaking laws I was like...ok...sails - wind = delete. I don't think Cotzibue ever failed to PWK my cherub...that was annoying. I certainly didn't watch him close enough either. Cotzibue...be glad you got away so luckily those number of times, because I was intendign to full loot/sac you. You lead every fight with PWK cherub. There are other words I am thinkin but I wont use.

Thanks to Morin for bring me in again, sorry to have another one just kinda flame out on you. i figured I wouldn't get maran until oh...five con and then what woudl be the point. I do laugh at the comments on the boards about maran not fighting together. I certainly was part of this problem, though at the same time if I tried to coordinate things they would typically not wait for me anyway. Then I had the nerve to call out a maran and acolyte for being stupid and I'm told I shouldn't talk to them that way. yeah..well...they shouldn't have been sitting in the weald to get ganked by Empire when we had talked about getting together to fight. Oh well...I'm done with Fort for awhile.

Oh..and yes..I know I sucked, so don't worry about posting that.

IsildurThu 28-Jul-11 11:54 AM
5969 posts
#101300, "RE: Bah...so annoying."
In response to Reply #1

> because I was intendign to full loot/sac you. You lead every fight with PWK cherub.

Why wouldn't she do that if it works every time? Especially if you have an angel with you and not an archon. All you had to do is not bring the cherub. Problem solved. If that's all it takes for you to rationalize a full-loot + sac then...weak.

TreebeardThu 28-Jul-11 12:07 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101303, "You come across as so naive sometimes, Isildur :P"
In response to Reply #2

Think about it. really.

IsildurThu 28-Jul-11 01:52 PM
5969 posts
#101319, "RE: You come across as so naive sometimes, Isildur :P"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah. Still not getting it. If a conjurer insists at running at you with his Achilles heel exposed then don't penalize him for exploiting what you served up on a silver platter.

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 01:07 PM
504 posts
#101312, "RE: Bah...so annoying."
In response to Reply #2

His only tactic came down to PWK cherub and power word decay me. Sometimes a full loot/sac is necessary for balance...especially if you re talking about a mummy who goes around with golden auronovorax (sp?) zombies. He was a tough fight, but he shoult be able to pwk a cherub every single time..should he? Why doesn't the cherub get a better save than that? I don't mind you attacking my cherub every time, but I was more annoyed that he "could" pwk it every time. He never failed to kill it.

laxmanThu 28-Jul-11 01:22 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101313, "Mob level"
In response to Reply #7

Your familiar at hero is something like half your level.

PWK has a very high rate of insta kill against mobs half your level, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if mummy/lich had some sort of bonus (either because of race or because levels > 47 give it a significant boost compared to 47 this is pure speculation but it wouldn't be surprising).

It was stated before but really, how hard would it be to just not walk your cherub around when he is around? Also be glad you didn't have owl/shadowcat/raven as there are TONS of abilitie out there that can insta kill them on pure damage.

IsildurThu 28-Jul-11 01:54 PM
5969 posts
#101320, "RE: Bah...so annoying."
In response to Reply #7

>but he shoult be able to pwk a cherub every single
>time..should he? Why doesn't the cherub get a better save
>than that?

This is a game-play complaint, not a complaint against Cotzibue specifically. If you have a problem with the way PWK interacts with familiars then take it up with the imms. Don't penalize players for making smart use of the skillset available to them.

>He never failed to kill it.

Then why in the world did you keep bringing it when you fought him?

TsunamiThu 28-Jul-11 03:43 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#101326, "You're awfully defensive of Cotzibue"
In response to Reply #11

Full loot/sac away. I say.

He isn't penalizing the player. He is penalizing the character. #### with me, I #### with you. That sort of thing.

IsildurThu 28-Jul-11 04:12 PM
5969 posts
#101328, "RE: You're awfully defensive of Cotzibue"
In response to Reply #14

Your logic argues for a full loot/sacrifice on anyone who consistently gets the better of you.

Is that what you intended to advocate?

In other words, any crappy player should full loot/sac each of his occasional infrequent kills, since virtually everyone will be in the category of "people who consistently get the better of him".

StunnaThu 28-Jul-11 04:27 PM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101329, "No"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Thu 28-Jul-11 04:28 PM

But PWKing my familiar until I'm con dead is a meh thing to do. If you want to do meh things to me I'm at liberty to do meh things back you.

I'd rather get full looted/sacced than lose a pile of con.

Minyar's tact here doesn't seem out of line to me.

EDITED TO ADD: And neither does Cotzibue's.

IsildurThu 28-Jul-11 05:00 PM
5969 posts
#101332, "RE: No"
In response to Reply #16

It's not meh if Dalnik lets it hang out there EVERY SINGLE TIME he fights Cotzibue. It's a game theory thing.

Imagine there existed a +20 DAM item that was also +1000 save vs. spell. A character wearing it has an extremely high likelihood of dying to PWK from a high level necromancer.

Now suppose I have this item, and continually attack necromancers while wearing it. They, obviously, respond by PWKing me with abandon. Are they being "meh" by taking advantage of such a gross vulnerability on my part? Or am I being "meh" by continuing to take advantage of the +20 DAM in my fights against them while expecting them not to take advantage of the "down side" that comes with that +20 DAM?

TsunamiThu 28-Jul-11 05:24 PM
1509 posts
#101335, "You're being "meh" by..."
In response to Reply #18

thinking these are valid tactics but full looting is not.

StunnaFri 29-Jul-11 08:06 AM
1048 posts
#101359, "Right."
In response to Reply #21

Which is odd because I agree with Isildur most of the time.

Yes, if you PWK my sorry ass 20 times in a week I am at liberty dropping a full loot on you.

Moreover, I'd make the argument that when you're a big boss mummy giving EVERYONE trouble people need to loot you hardcore so that it restores some balance. Why we let the avalanche/flurry swordmaster gauntlet, necklace-that-does-bad-things, uber geared fire warrior emperor keep all that #### once we gang him down is soooooo far beyond me.

Full looting, folks, is NOT against the rules.

IsildurFri 29-Jul-11 02:01 PM
5969 posts
#101375, "RE: Right."
In response to Reply #34

>Why we let the avalanche/flurry swordmaster gauntlet,
>necklace-that-does-bad-things...

Take (and potentially destroy) the uber items if you want. That's not the same as a full loot/sac. Full loot/sac doesn't serve to significantly decrease is strength over the long term, it just obligates him to spend extra time regearing. It's purely punitive.

>Full looting, folks, is NOT against the rules.

Never said it was. I said it's a jerk move to drop a full loot/sac on someone who doesn't deserve it. Simply taking advantage of your character's weaknesses shouldn't move someone onto the list of folks who deserve it.

TsunamiThu 28-Jul-11 04:34 PM
1509 posts
#101331, "My logic argues..."
In response to Reply #15

That a full loot/sac is just as valid as a PWK familiar. Or a double thrust. Or the steal command. Or kicking.

IsildurThu 28-Jul-11 05:01 PM
5969 posts
#101333, "RE: My logic argues..."
In response to Reply #17

K. You're an idiot. Just making sure.

TsunamiThu 28-Jul-11 05:08 PM
1509 posts
#101334, "Good argument."
In response to Reply #19

Continue playing like a #### then.

LhydiaThu 28-Jul-11 06:26 PM
2390 posts
#101337, "u mad. n/t"
In response to Reply #20

gr

TsunamiThu 28-Jul-11 07:29 PM
1509 posts
#101340, "super mad nt"
In response to Reply #23

nt

IsildurThu 28-Jul-11 07:14 PM
5969 posts
#101338, "RE: Good argument."
In response to Reply #20

No, you've inspired me to change. PM me on Dio's and tell me your current character(s). I'll make a point of full-looting them.

TsunamiThu 28-Jul-11 07:28 PM
1509 posts
#101339, "I don't have any because I got full looted too much nt"
In response to Reply #24

nt

OldrilThu 28-Jul-11 10:53 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101351, "Your post is right on, unfortunately."
In response to Reply #19

Isildur is right, if you bring your familiar like a dumbass to every fight, its gonna die like a dumbass in every fight.

The fact that people are somehow crying about that is shocking to me but then its the same tired ooc crew crying and defending their buddy crying wah wah wah

MinyarFri 29-Jul-11 07:56 AM
504 posts
#101358, "Uh...ooc crew?"
In response to Reply #32

What are you talking about. I'm not crying about it...i said I think it was a #### move. That is all I'm saying. I'm saying my character hated him. Maybe I had a role that talked about wanting to be tied with my familiar a lot. I did NOT bring him to every fight, good lord people. I did bring him to more than I should have...that is true.

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 09:32 PM
504 posts
#101350, "Ok...so as I think about it more."
In response to Reply #2

I think what ticks me off about it hte most is that there weren't all that many times that it was just me against the one Imperial. I'm probably figuring the pwk is a jerky tactic because honestly..it was typically the mummy plus another against me at the minimum. There are very few times that imperials are walking around alone. I just wanted good, in my opinion "clean" fights, and I don't see that as a "clean" move...attacking it sure, but always being able to 1 shot it was just annoying. It is a gripe more for immortals than against Cotz...but Cotz as a player could recognize that it probably shouldn't be quite so easy to kill a familiar (one that had all of the edges btw). Typically the hits that it took weren't even enough to actually ahve killed it damage size wise. Ug..I'm tired of tlaking about this. I can have my opinion about the way it was played, and I'm fine with people disagreeing.

Bhowaer (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 12:20 PM
Charter member
#101307, "RE: Bah...so annoying."
In response to Reply #1

I was sad to see this. I've played some conjies in my day and had some ideas for working with you because the ways conjies work, especially against empire is really unique.

For your con, I was suprised for a second, but then I remembered your familiar deaths. I've never seen or heard of so many of those for a conjie, that will eat your con right the F up, and when you eat that annihilate when it dies it will often lose the fight as well. Familiars are a godsend, but if they are ever even remotely in danger of dying, it is time to release those little guys.

I think other than the familiar thing, you were on the right track. I think I know the black you had, and it does suck for your character. Sorry to lose you, and luck with the next.

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 01:05 PM
504 posts
#101311, "Actually...my wand locations were quite nice."
In response to Reply #4

The black one wasn't "easy" but better than getting a cojurer to fight for it. I knew of another spot anyway that nobody seems to grab so I was fine.

Balakai (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 12:27 PM
Charter member
#101308, "Treaty"
In response to Reply #1

Wish you would have stuck around to play with that IC instead of deleting over it. Decisions like this make for a lot player to player interacting, and that's a good thing.

Irusan (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 01:45 PM
Charter member
#101317, "Just a bit of an FYI..."
In response to Reply #1

>Then I had the nerve
>to call out a maran and acolyte for being stupid and I'm told
>I shouldn't talk to them that way. yeah..well...they
>shouldn't have been sitting in the weald to get ganked by
>Empire when we had talked about getting together to fight. Oh
>well...I'm done with Fort for awhile.

When 2 of 3 people in a plan are in one place advance scouting the enemy, and say "lets gather and strike" generally speaking the 1 goes to the 2, not the other way around. For us to have gone to you would have also doubled the time it would have taken you to simply walk/tesseract to us. Thirdly, it's really not kosher for a Squire to be barking orders at a full Maran and a full Acolyte, you know?

To be perfectly frank, YOU dropped the ball in that situation by standing around expecting us to come back to you. We told you where we were in relation to the enemy, in this case the Weald, and you wanted us to come all the way back to the arena to meet up with you, just to run all the way back to the Weald. Strictly speaking from a tactical standpoint, this is really piss-poor planning. It would have left the enemy unmonitored, let our preps/supps tick down, and run us out of moves. Speaking from a respect to your elders/betters standpoint, we should have been a lot harder about the situation than we were especially considering how things turned out. What you got was a very gentle talking to about how improper your tone was.

All in all, I think you need to look at your own actions and complain about others just a wee less. That or Fortress characters may not be for you. You can't just go mouthing off to your elders in the Fortress just because you think you're in the right. There's a lot of restraint in playing a successful character in the Fortress. Part of that restraint is knowing how to talk to people.

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 08:53 PM
504 posts
#101345, "RE: Just a bit of an FYI..."
In response to Reply #9

I was conjuring...I said I was. I'm not going to conjure in the middle of the weald.

citizen (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 02:05 PM
Charter member
#101321, "RE: Bah...so annoying."

Lolled everytime she PWK'lled your cherub, and lolled even more when in 10 monutes you were coming back... with another cherub to sacrifice!

I thought it was your way to kill yourself. Next time roll an evil one and go with five faces of evil. Don't forget to full loot/sac anyone who will stand on your way and fight you, because faces will flare and you will be dying, and they will be guilty.

Seriously, I had respect for you as a player, but after this your post my respect evaporized.

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 08:54 PM
504 posts
#101346, "RE: Bah...so annoying."
In response to Reply #0

LOL...I could care less. Its a #### way to play...just like full saccing would be.

citizen (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 02:05 PM
Charter member
#101322, "RE: Bah...so annoying."
In response to Reply #1

Lolled everytime she PWK'lled your cherub, and lolled even more when in 10 monutes you were coming back... with another cherub to sacrifice!

I thought it was your way to kill yourself. Next time roll an evil one and go with five faces of evil. Don't forget to full loot/sac anyone who will stand on your way and fight you, because faces will flare and you will be dying, and they will be guilty.

Seriously, I had respect for you as a player, but after this your post my respect evaporized.

Morin (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 02:19 PM
Charter member
#101324, "Dude"
In response to Reply #1

Next time just tell me who you are so I don't get my hopes up. I LIKED Dalnik. You we're doing a lot of the right things. I wasn't there to hear you ordering people, but I'll tell you you're not the only one and it's not all bad.

I shook my head everytime I saw you running around with your familiar. I to have played more than one conjie, we all think that they are more resiliant than they really are unless you get a quest familiar.

As for the Treaty, I knew it was going to cause a ruckus, and was ready for it. Sorry that it made you want to delete though.

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 09:17 PM
504 posts
#101349, "RE: Dude"
In response to Reply #13

yep..I was wreckless with my familiar and I realize that. I still didn't like Cotzibue and pwking it. Tavlin did it once..but never intentionally did it again after that.

Angynn (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 06:23 PM
Charter member
#101336, "Hahaha."
In response to Reply #1

After this and irusan's post below I'd like to say none of you decided
to listen to what I had to say on the matter. Which told me all I
needed to know. I get your side, I really do, I get iru's side also.

The problem was not us walking into a gank btw, it was knowing they
were close to us and we were talking over CB instead of moving away
or striking.
I thought we all needed a talk after that, but I decided to see if
anyone was willing to listen. What we had was 3 squire/maran all
talking an no one listening to anyone else, no point in me forcing
my 2 cents on you especially if you weren't going to hear it.

Maybe this is too much from an active character, especially since you
are done with fort for a while. Just a future thing: it can't all be
your way. I know conjies need a lot of lee-way with times to strike
or not, but so many never figure on the timing needed for the other
guys with them. I didn't have an issue at all with your in-game
manner of speech or anything, I DO with your statement here.
YOU weren't there and so have no place to say anything about what
we did or did not do. Though honestly we were more unlucky than
stupid. Though it WAS an extremely poor choice to talk just then.
I'm just tired, maybe I shouldn't even post but...

MinyarThu 28-Jul-11 09:11 PM
504 posts
#101348, "RE: Hahaha."
In response to Reply #22

I agree that i don't know everything. It seemed like you guys were all sitting in the weald though. Which..if you know they are around the Keep...why would you stand in the weald. It just didn't seem smart. I was trying to get ready to help you guys, but instead of waiting somewhere safer out of the way, it sounded to me like you were not in a safe place, but in the weald next door to where I knew they were and had communicated they were. sigh.

I liked all of you guys, I just thought it was dumb...and I wasn't ordering anybody, although I did basically try to make a statement like "are you freaking kidding me, because I couldn't believe one of you had died like that." Anyway...oh well. Like your char, have fun with it.

Drag0nSt0rmFri 29-Jul-11 11:13 AM
450 posts
#101367, "Um. Dude I think you are awesome ..buuuuuuut"
In response to Reply #1

Please con your familiar next time. Seriously!
Check out how it compares to your lvl 51 conjurer, I think you'll be surprised!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101297 Previous topic | Next topic