Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mirrou Steelshade the Cowardly Deser..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101242
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 27-Jul-11 04:48 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101242, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mirrou Steelshade the Cowardly Deserter of the Holy Crusade, Shadow Dweller"

Wed Jul 27 16:45:17 2011

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Mirrou perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:371

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My personal suggestion, Valkenar, 28-Jul-11 10:20 AM, #39
Reply Oh! You mean be me! :) *rofl* -nt, Bajula, 28-Jul-11 01:32 PM, #43
     Reply Ah, Nimmers. <3 nt, Rayihn, 28-Jul-11 02:12 PM, #45
          Reply Hehe Nimmers didn't exactly count for that., Bajula, 28-Jul-11 04:30 PM, #47
Reply Holy balls I detested this character, Rayihn, 27-Jul-11 05:10 PM, #1
     Reply Please please do not hesitate to use titles like that. ..., Artificial, 27-Jul-11 05:58 PM, #2
     Reply Why didn't he lose hide/sneak and stuff for changing al..., Stunna, 27-Jul-11 07:20 PM, #3
     Reply That stuff isn't automatic like legacies/spells/commune..., Twist, 27-Jul-11 07:44 PM, #4
          Reply Since when?, Lhydia, 27-Jul-11 08:11 PM, #6
               Reply I don't know when..., Twist, 28-Jul-11 08:06 AM, #20
               Reply Inherents are lost automatically., Mirrou (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 08:34 AM, #24
               Reply RE: Since when?, Daevryn, 28-Jul-11 08:18 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Holy balls I detested this character, Daevryn, 27-Jul-11 08:00 PM, #5
     Reply It's not the wine talking..., Stunna, 27-Jul-11 08:21 PM, #7
     Reply My question is, lasentia, 28-Jul-11 07:46 AM, #17
     Reply I wish I could like this post :) , Kadsuane, 28-Jul-11 07:51 AM, #18
     Reply You two are perfect for eachother, lurker, 28-Jul-11 08:36 AM, #25
          Reply Thanks! (n/t), Daevryn, 28-Jul-11 08:48 AM, #26
     Reply Being a slowpoke doesn't equal being cowardly., Mirrou (Anonymous), 27-Jul-11 10:43 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Being a slowpoke doesn't equal being cowardly., Daevryn, 27-Jul-11 11:02 PM, #9
     Reply Battle's pretty rough on this too, most of the time. N..., TMNS, 27-Jul-11 11:16 PM, #10
     Reply Of course. I just thought I could endure that., Mirrou (Anonymous), 27-Jul-11 11:19 PM, #12
     Reply Chin up, Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 02:44 AM, #14
     Reply Yes, it was a stretch., Mirrou (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 04:52 AM, #15
          Reply Herald may be a really good option., lasentia, 28-Jul-11 07:56 AM, #19
               Reply I know. I played a herald right before this one., Mirrou (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 08:31 AM, #23
     Reply You just seem a little overly intimidated by PK..., Twist, 28-Jul-11 09:00 AM, #27
     Reply RE: You just seem a little overly intimidated by PK..., Daevryn, 28-Jul-11 09:12 AM, #29
     Reply Yeah...this is interesting., TMNS, 28-Jul-11 09:15 AM, #31
     Reply Same here.. , Marcus_, 28-Jul-11 01:33 PM, #44
          Reply Yup. nt, Stunna, 29-Jul-11 08:09 AM, #52
     Reply I see., Murphy, 28-Jul-11 09:21 AM, #32
     Reply Regarding that stuff, Homard, 28-Jul-11 09:47 AM, #35
     Reply I started to respond to your post..., Twist, 28-Jul-11 09:56 AM, #37
     Reply Were your failed attempts ####ted on quite so hard by a..., Kadsuane, 28-Jul-11 04:07 PM, #46
          Reply My failed attempts..., Twist, 28-Jul-11 09:06 PM, #51
     Reply Re: Martial Trance, _Magus_, 28-Jul-11 11:27 AM, #42
          Reply Re: Martial Trance, Murphy, 28-Jul-11 08:40 PM, #49
     Reply I actually thought Mirrou was pretty decent., TMNS, 27-Jul-11 11:18 PM, #11
     Reply Black Sect Sixth Zombie would be AWESOME!, citizen (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 02:09 AM, #13
     Reply It could also be the wine talking here..., Vladamir, 28-Jul-11 06:33 AM, #16
          Reply RE: It could also be the wine talking here..., Daevryn, 28-Jul-11 08:21 AM, #22
               Reply Yes., Mirrou (Anonymous), 28-Jul-11 09:11 AM, #28
                    Reply RE: Yes., Daevryn, 28-Jul-11 09:14 AM, #30
                         Reply Next time just leave me alone., Murphy, 28-Jul-11 09:24 AM, #33
                         Reply RE: Next time just leave me alone., Daevryn, 28-Jul-11 09:37 AM, #34
                              Reply I'm trying to understand why I didn't feel helped., Murphy, 28-Jul-11 10:51 AM, #41
                                   Reply Squeamish, Nnaeshuk, 28-Jul-11 08:10 PM, #48
                                        Reply I really can't remember any single time..., Murphy, 28-Jul-11 08:44 PM, #50
                         Reply I have to agree here., Vladamir, 28-Jul-11 09:52 AM, #36
                              Reply RE: I have to agree here., Daevryn, 28-Jul-11 09:58 AM, #38
                                   Reply RE: I have to agree here., Vladamir, 28-Jul-11 10:31 AM, #40

ValkenarThu 28-Jul-11 10:20 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101294, "My personal suggestion"
In response to Reply #0

Next time you play a character, if you're frustrated and ready to delete, just RP going absolutely crazy and suicidally attack everything in sight. That would've been a fine angle for Mirrou to go, and you can learn things doing that.

Maybe you get slaughtered and look like an idiot. So what? It's very liberating to fight with nothing to lose.

BajulaThu 28-Jul-11 01:32 PM
929 posts
#101314, "Oh! You mean be me! :) *rofl* -nt"
In response to Reply #39

-nt

RayihnThu 28-Jul-11 02:12 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#101323, "Ah, Nimmers. <3 nt"
In response to Reply #43

w

BajulaThu 28-Jul-11 04:30 PM
929 posts
#101330, "Hehe Nimmers didn't exactly count for that."
In response to Reply #45

He didn't go nuts or anything, he was just like that and empire
was loaded heavy in those days. But damn that was a fun time.
Just after outfit went in I think, and outfit ... Chaaarge...
well okay impale maybe. *rofl*

RayihnWed 27-Jul-11 05:10 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#101243, "Holy balls I detested this character"
In response to Reply #0

This seemed like a carbon copy of your last ineffectual Fort character. In fact, it was super obvious to me that this was you. You acted like you were super brave but you had like 6 pks in about 300 hours and less deaths. I understand a conservative Maran, but you have to get in there if you want to be promoted. People would raid, you wouldn't show up, and you always had an excuse for not being there. People would defend and you wouldn't show up, same excuses. I had Morin talk to you. I had Nnaeshuk talk to you. And I asked various Forties to do their best to get you in the heat of battle. We came up with challenges to help you get better. And you're ranting on Dio's that no one ever gave you guidance or told you what to do? Holy crap. And then you go all the way to the opposite and join Empire. Dude, I cannot tell you how close I came to changing your title to "the Black Sect's Sixth Zombie."

ArtificialWed 27-Jul-11 05:58 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#101244, "Please please do not hesitate to use titles like that. ..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

StunnaWed 27-Jul-11 07:20 PM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101248, "Why didn't he lose hide/sneak and stuff for changing al..."
In response to Reply #1

sd

TwistWed 27-Jul-11 07:44 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#101249, "That stuff isn't automatic like legacies/spells/commune..."
In response to Reply #3

...he did lose some things, but they needed to be set manually by an Immortal. The Imm who did it was probably erring on the side of "too nice" but ah well.

LhydiaWed 27-Jul-11 08:11 PM
2390 posts
#101252, "Since when?"
In response to Reply #4

Back in the day if you oathed as a goodie assassin you lost assassinate and kicks. Pretty sure it was hard coded. Thieves lost dual backstab and bind. Warriors lost specs. etc.

TwistThu 28-Jul-11 08:06 AM
3431 posts
#101274, "I don't know when..."
In response to Reply #6

...I do know that Mirrou didn't lose anything automagically.

Mirrou (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 08:34 AM
Charter member
#101278, "Inherents are lost automatically."
In response to Reply #20

Of the skills, I lost kansetsuwaza, assassinate and rising phoenix kick.
The kick later re-appeared, though I had to practice and spam it up again.

DaevrynThu 28-Jul-11 08:18 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#101275, "RE: Since when?"
In response to Reply #6

Alignment change skill loss penalties are automated for some classes better than others, which isn't new (and probably isn't exactly a feature.)

DaevrynWed 27-Jul-11 08:00 PM
11117 posts
#101250, "RE: Holy balls I detested this character"
In response to Reply #1

It might be the wine talking but I kind of love that I married this woman. That is all.

StunnaWed 27-Jul-11 08:21 PM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101253, "It's not the wine talking..."
In response to Reply #5

But it's probably the wine posting.

lasentiaThu 28-Jul-11 07:46 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101270, "My question is"
In response to Reply #7

Did the wife smite him for saying "kind of"?

Damn wine is going to get Daev killed.

KadsuaneThu 28-Jul-11 07:51 AM
169 posts
#101271, "I wish I could like this post :) "
In response to Reply #5

n/t

lurkerThu 28-Jul-11 08:36 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101279, "You two are perfect for eachother"
In response to Reply #5

...not a compliment

DaevrynThu 28-Jul-11 08:48 AM
11117 posts
#101280, "Thanks! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #25

Mirrou (Anonymous)Wed 27-Jul-11 10:43 PM
Charter member
#101258, "Being a slowpoke doesn't equal being cowardly."
In response to Reply #1

From my viewpoint the character was PK-intensive. I had been in more fights with him than with all prior characters together. Imperial gangs, outlander leaders, orcs, Tavlin with full army, ridiculous ABS shifters who were immune to 99% of my skillset.

Problem is, after I have had my portion of adrenaline I'd rather sit and chat, but no, I have to go and fight again, and again, and again. Thus it ceases to be fun and starts looking like a full-time job.

And I really hated the assassin class because of how trance works. If you want me to be always up for a fight, I'd rather be constantly moderately viable instead of being able to shine 10% of the time and sucking royally during the other 90%. Oh how many times I saw an enemy, used trance (sometimes it'd only work on third or fourth attempt!) and then they were gone and I had wasted it. Then I suddenly had to defend/raid before I could use it again. Preps only get you so far.

Also, you say 6 pks? Really?
I was counting and it was more like 15... Considering I was nearly never able to seal a kill solo and most of my kills came when I was with group... See gank-o-meter, it'll probably be around two and a half. Doesn't mean I didn't have lots of solo fights.

About the "carbon copy"... what's wrong with playing a race/align I like? That there's too much of my personality instead of an invented one? I don't think rolling a storm warrior would help it.

Yes I'm being immature and emotional about a game. I will be if someone tries to remove my fun. I mean, I realized I wasn't good enough for Fort and asked for uninduction peacefully. But you just HAD to rub it in and give me that #### title and have everyone detest me. Way to go, you really brought a new meaning to the word griefer.

DaevrynWed 27-Jul-11 11:02 PM
11117 posts
#101260, "RE: Being a slowpoke doesn't equal being cowardly."
In response to Reply #8

>Problem is, after I have had my portion of adrenaline I'd
>rather sit and chat, but no, I have to go and fight again, and
>again, and again.

That's what being in most cabals is.

Especially cabals that see a lot of raid action like Fort and Empire.

TMNSWed 27-Jul-11 11:16 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#101261, "Battle's pretty rough on this too, most of the time. N..."
In response to Reply #9

NT

Mirrou (Anonymous)Wed 27-Jul-11 11:19 PM
Charter member
#101263, "Of course. I just thought I could endure that."
In response to Reply #9

btw, on joining the Empire: I didn't want to delete yet and there was a slim chance of regaining interest in the character that way. Plus, it was an opportunity to experiment a bit, since I lost compassion for my own character and stopped caring about eq and con.

I'm sorry if my IC reasons sounded #### to some people.

Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 02:41 AM
Charter member
#101265, "Chin up"
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Thu 28-Jul-11 02:44 AM

"Problem is, after I have had my portion of adrenaline I'd rather sit and chat, but no, I have to go and fight again, and again, and again. Thus it ceases to be fun and starts looking like a full-time job."

I agree. Next time, play a Herald! Seriously!

I really did feel for you. Poor Mirrou. Hearing your side of the story IC really did earn my sympathy because right or wrong, I could tell you *felt* humiliated and mocked for doing what you felt was the honorable thing, leaving Fortress, as someone who failed at becoming a capable Maran.

But, the joining-the-Empire thing just didn't seem like a very IC-response. Yes, I heard your reasoning, but, it was a stretch. I even tried to help you out by telling your side of the story and your justification (as best I can in word-bites in the Post), but frankly you didn't pull it off well. You were the same ol' Mirrou. If you were going to go that way, you needed to embrace it. Roleplay the rage, humiliation, despair that turned you an evil, hurt character that was easily manipulated by those you perceived acceptance from, the Empire.

But there was no transformation. No depth. Just (Gold Aura) Mirrou -> (Red Aura) Mirrou.

So, I can't say all the criticism is undeserved, but I think you've gotten enough of it, and I don't think you are hopeless as a player.

I sincerely *do* think you should consider trying out a Herald character. You clearly like to socialize. Come up with something creative and fun and work on your roleplaying skills away from the pressure of the PK demands of something like Maran.

Mirrou (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 04:52 AM
Charter member
#101267, "Yes, it was a stretch."
In response to Reply #14

I couldn't pull off a believable evil character if my life depended on it. I figured I'd try but it was really meh. That's why I deleted.

lasentiaThu 28-Jul-11 07:56 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
#101272, "Herald may be a really good option."
In response to Reply #15

It really can be a blast. And while you don't have a lot of pk action, if you are looking to play a herald that will have some PK choose a race or class that will have inherent enemies. And you can make them neutral, or goodie, just not evil for the most part.

Any mage has villagers for example.
Elves have orcs.
Outlanders hate lots of people on principle.
An elf conjurer would have all three classes hunting him, so you could have some pk action at most any time you wanted, be viable in pk when you wanted to do that, have a lot of exploration flexibility, and have herald as a way to have all the RP you want.

So even as a herald you will find yourself in PK oriented situations at times, but generally you can control that a bit by having the Inn to sit and relax in when you just want to socialize/RP.

And there's nothing wrong with being unable to pull off evil. I sure as hell can't either. So I just don't play them. (Well, I recently tried again, but it was just not for me.)

Mirrou (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 08:31 AM
Charter member
#101277, "I know. I played a herald right before this one."
In response to Reply #19

Didn't like the shapeshifter class, but otherwise it was fine.

TwistThu 28-Jul-11 09:00 AM
3431 posts
#101281, "You just seem a little overly intimidated by PK..."
In response to Reply #8

...as in you don't feel comfortable in a PK situation if you aren't with others on your side.

That's not to say you didn't get into those situations. I'm sure you did. What I'm saying is it was apparent that you were skittish if you were hanging out there, live or die, all on your own merit.

And that's ok. My first 3 or 4 chars were like that. Hell, Twist as a mortal was absolutely terrified in PK, because I felt like (and I was right) I didn't know what I was doing.

The few times I (as a mortal mage in Master) thought I would PK someone (alone), I got mercilessly stomped into the ground (and lost exp and generally got looted to hell and back).

It was probably my 6th character before I would be decent in a PK, and quite a bit longer (no idea, really) that I went out looking to solo PK.

So don't get too down. Just realize that what others are saying (about seeming like a coward) is probably more accurate than you're willing to admit to.

Also, I highly recommend playing a "throwaway" character. I don't mean throwaway as in "I exist to grief and send up inane prayers" and stuff. I mean throwaway as in "my goal with this character is to mix it up in pk a lot. I won't flee until I'm at 20% health or lower. If the other guy is convulsing, I stay until either he's dead, or I'm dead." That sort of thing. A build that isn't incredibly gear dependant, but is still viable in PK - like maybe axe warrior in the 20-30 range or something. Try to con die. Try to take as many sumbitches with you as you can. Build your suit from the spoils of fallen foes, not from getting together with friendly allies and killing a mob for that one piece of eq you want.

I guarantee you'll learn a lot about PK and become more comfortable when it comes down to 1v1 stuff.

DaevrynThu 28-Jul-11 09:12 AM
11117 posts
#101283, "RE: You just seem a little overly intimidated by PK..."
In response to Reply #27

This is pretty good advice.

I didn't start to feel comfortable in PK until I basically ran a warrior out of CON.

We had 5 deaths to a CON for normal people in those days, too.

I saved all my trains for CON, too.

And we had to PK uphill, both ways, in snow and razor blades.

TMNSThu 28-Jul-11 09:15 AM
2670 posts
#101285, "Yeah...this is interesting."
In response to Reply #27

>Also, I highly recommend playing a "throwaway" character. I don't mean throwaway as in "I exist to grief and send up inane prayers" and stuff. I mean throwaway as in "my goal with this character is to mix it up in pk a lot. I won't flee until I'm at 20% health or lower. If the other guy is convulsing, I stay until either he's dead, or I'm dead." That sort of thing. A build that isn't incredibly gear dependant, but is still viable in PK - like maybe axe warrior in the 20-30 range or something. Try to con die. Try to take as many sumbitches with you as you can. Build your suit from the spoils of fallen foes, not from getting together with friendly allies and killing a mob for that one piece of eq you want.<

I kinda play this way all the time. I actually find myself TRYING to be more cautious and patient, I just can't do it. Blame Shamanman

Marcus_Thu 28-Jul-11 01:33 PM
681 posts
#101315, "Same here.. "
In response to Reply #31

If there is a remote chance I might win, just can't resist it

StunnaFri 29-Jul-11 08:09 AM
1048 posts
#101360, "Yup. nt"
In response to Reply #44

MurphyThu 28-Jul-11 09:21 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101286, "I see."
In response to Reply #27

It of course justifies mass ####ting on me.
And negative titles.

HomardThu 28-Jul-11 09:47 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#101289, "Regarding that stuff"
In response to Reply #32

I think the issue is that any character who signs up to be a Squire (or a Villager for that matter) is making a commitment to the front-lines of War (with a capital W.)

Keeping in mind that this is a heroic roleplay environment (and not, for example, Vietnam) one of the greatest sins that a soldier can be guilty of is shirking the duty to fight. It seems, at least to me, that you were certainly guilty of trying to only fight when there was little risk to you.

It just can't be that way for Maran or Villagers. If the enemy is present and there is any chance at all for you to kill them, you should engage. This doesn't mean running up to an A/B/Sed Scion Invoker and eating a useless death, but it does mean that you need to get in there and mix it up.

Dying sucks, sure, but it doesn't (despite the attitude of some of the playerbase) reflect anything about you personally. It's no different than losing a hand of poker. If your full-house gets beaten by four-of-a-kind it can sting, but it doesn't mean that you "suck" or your e-peen is dried up. It's just a game. There isn't even any money on the line this time.

Feeling like you're being pooped on by the staff must be terrible, but try to keep in mind (in this instance, at least) that your character was not keeping up his end of the bargain and that's the only reason the poop started to rain down.

Good luck with your next, who I would advise be a RBW pincersvirf. You'll kill a lot, die a lot, regear is stupid-easy with Rock Hydra gear. Plus, it's (from my POV) just about as fun as this game can get.

TwistThu 28-Jul-11 09:56 AM
3431 posts
#101291, "I started to respond to your post..."
In response to Reply #32

explaining how I did thing the negative titles were justified, but then I realized it won't do any good. I tried to give you good, constructive criticism in my earlier post, in an attempt to help you get more enjoyment out of the game, but it's become pretty clear to me that I'm probably just wasting my time.

KadsuaneThu 28-Jul-11 04:07 PM
169 posts
#101327, "Were your failed attempts ####ted on quite so hard by a..."
In response to Reply #27

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.

TwistThu 28-Jul-11 09:06 PM
3431 posts
#101347, "My failed attempts..."
In response to Reply #46

were not in pk oriented cabals. Twist was a NG Master whose role was essentially pacifist knowledge gatherer. And so on.

I did get my fair share of hints from above that I was doing something suckass. I got uninducted twice from Master, actually, basically for not acting like a Master.

Rather than go spout on a forum (they didn't exist), I stayed logged in, kept IC, and ended up getting a quest to get back in (the first time). The second time, I actually immed as uncaballed.

So did I get "####ted on"? Yes and no. I did get singled out and put through a wringer that most of the other mortals didn't...but I rolled with it and ended up having a great time.

_Magus_Thu 28-Jul-11 11:27 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#101299, "Re: Martial Trance"
In response to Reply #8

Disclaimer: Not sure if anyone has made comments on this yet. I'm just posting based in your post.

Martial trance is good how it is now. Some of the suggestions I've had for aura/shield/barrier include having timers on them, so people can't just use them for every single random fight. You save your preps (martial trance in this case) for the BIG fish (and not necessarily the small fish), and also for raiding and defending. If you feel that you need martial trance for every single fight you encounter, then maybe the assassin class isn't for you, or you need to learn how to collect more basic preps.

I know it's probably the same tired advice you've already heard, but it is a matter of fact.

MurphyThu 28-Jul-11 08:40 PM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101343, "Re: Martial Trance"
In response to Reply #42

You're not going to perfect trance if you save it and don't use it often. I had it at 89% and still couldn't buy the trance edge. I had lots of edge points and it felt like I was saving them for nothing.

TMNSWed 27-Jul-11 11:18 PM
2670 posts
#101262, "I actually thought Mirrou was pretty decent."
In response to Reply #1

Honestly though, I did think Mirrou was an acolyte.

And it saddens me that the decision to go Empire may be OOC anger based.

But I thought this character was alright in the limited interactions I had.

citizen (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 02:09 AM
Charter member
#101264, "Black Sect Sixth Zombie would be AWESOME!"
In response to Reply #1

I BET he would stay in game if you would give him that tittle.
To defend him, in Empire he did pretty well and have been quite useful.

I'm sad that he has deleted, he was interesting to have around and I, without knowing his sory within the Fort, liked that character and didn't think he was a coward (and I still don't think so).

VladamirThu 28-Jul-11 06:33 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#101268, "It could also be the wine talking here..."
In response to Reply #1

But I really like that there is someone overseeing the Fortress who actually watches people, and goes out of their way to encourage them to do better.

I'm not weighing in on whether or not I agree with the assessment of Mirrou or not because I really didn't have that much interaction with him, but really, it's super awesome that you watch. I think it makes the game more immersive the more the imms watch what the players do, and can reward or smack down accordingly. It just gives the immortals a more real presence and feeling.

Not that Shokai and Vyn weren't the coolest things ever, mind you. One of the things I loved about Vyn was how he ALWAYS seemed to know everything I had been up to. Same with Eshval, and now I think it's pretty awesome of you.

DaevrynThu 28-Jul-11 08:21 AM
11117 posts
#101276, "RE: It could also be the wine talking here..."
In response to Reply #16

I also have to give props to Nnaeshuk here for doing a lot within his limited powers in the form of crafting an interesting task/quest for Mirrou to do to work on his fighting ability.

(Which I thought was too easy, but, then he didn't even do it.)

Mirrou (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jul-11 09:11 AM
Charter member
#101282, "Yes."
In response to Reply #22

I was like, "yeah, yeah, whatever". Had already lost interest in the character by the time. I forced myself to do some of it in the first couple of days, then I was like "oh, to hell with it, I'm fed up with this game" and I didn't log on for a week or something.

Similarly, by 330 hours I wasn't interested in getting maran anymore. I just wanted to leave peacefully because I felt I was lacking skill and attitude. You didn't let me go without a shoutout title. THAT is the real reason for hate. Not the lack of guidance, which I can't even find where I ranted about.

DaevrynThu 28-Jul-11 09:14 AM
11117 posts
#101284, "RE: Yes."
In response to Reply #28

Well, yeah you got a title for blowing off that quest. You got a level of personal attention and custom effort that half the players would kill for and you took a piss on it. Not the charming British version of taking the piss, either.

MurphyThu 28-Jul-11 09:24 AM
1639 posts
#101287, "Next time just leave me alone."
In response to Reply #30

Not that I'll ever roll something into Fortress anyway.

DaevrynThu 28-Jul-11 09:37 AM
11117 posts
#101288, "RE: Next time just leave me alone."
In response to Reply #33

Well, look: you've said you were frustrated with how long you were a squire and that you didn't know what you needed to do to be a Maran.

A lot of people tried to help you with that and now you say you don't want that.

So what is it you want? Just for people to feel you were treated unfairly and that any problems you had were not your fault? I honestly don't know.

MurphyThu 28-Jul-11 10:51 AM
1639 posts
#101296, "I'm trying to understand why I didn't feel helped."
In response to Reply #34

Nor did I feel honored by the attention, for that matter.

Maybe I just didn't expect anything good from the imms. When I asked if I'm too weak, I knew I wasn't getting anything now because I broke the taboo - never talk about promotions. And whatever they did after came off as just trying to mock my incompetence.

I had no idea what I got the squeamish title for, either. Just so you know.

NnaeshukThu 28-Jul-11 08:10 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#101342, "Squeamish"
In response to Reply #41

You got the squeamish title for your multiple times hiding out when others would raid and for failing to do the quest in the arena that I gave you. Everything combined seemed to be deserving. Best of luck on whatever you decide to do next.

Nae-nae!

MurphyThu 28-Jul-11 08:44 PM
1639 posts
#101344, "I really can't remember any single time..."
In response to Reply #48

...when I would be hiding out on raids.
THAT you can't accuse me of.
Every time I knew there was a raid or defense, I abandoned what I was doing and hurried to help. Even without trance and preps. I even once died to scion inners because of that.

VladamirThu 28-Jul-11 09:52 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#101290, "I have to agree here."
In response to Reply #30

>Well, yeah you got a title for blowing off that quest. You
>got a level of personal attention and custom effort that half
>the players would kill for and you took a piss on it. Not the
>charming British version of taking the piss, either.

I mean, I personally liked what I saw of Mirrou. Bear that in mind here. But Ive had tatted, titled leaders of cabals (####ing autocorrect kept insisting I meant canals) who didn't get half this much immtention.

I hate to say it man, but if you felt the imms were resentful I really see why they might be. I'd kill my mother for that sort of personal attention, and the opportunity to shine that comes with it. I STILL kick myself for not doing more with my shifter when Sacer talked him into leaving the Fort. Unfortunately it was my first shifter and I didn't have enough of a grasp of what I was doing.

You clearly knew enough to shine, if you chose to. You didn't. I'm sorry you were disappointed but it really sounds like you just dropped the ball. We've all been there. Just learn from it and grab that opportunity when it comes around again and I think you'll find yourself shining.

DaevrynThu 28-Jul-11 09:58 AM
11117 posts
#101292, "RE: I have to agree here."
In response to Reply #36

> But Ive had tatted, titled leaders of cabals (####ing autocorrect kept insisting I meant canals) who didn't get half this much immtention.

That time you were the leader of the Suez Canal was my favorite.

VladamirThu 28-Jul-11 10:31 AM
1179 posts
#101295, "RE: I have to agree here."
In response to Reply #38

>> But Ive had tatted, titled leaders of cabals (####ing
>autocorrect kept insisting I meant canals) who didn't get half
>this much immtention.
>
>That time you were the leader of the Suez Canal was my
>favorite.

The constant raids by Egypt and the village got old after a while though.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101242 Previous topic | Next topic