Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Jallastan the Affirmation of L..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100902
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 12-Jul-11 01:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100902, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Jallastan the Affirmation of Life, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Tue Jul 12 13:16:20 2011

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Jallastan perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:282

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I had a lot of fun with you, Kelstrane (Anonymous), 19-Jul-11 09:52 PM, #27
Reply Drat, Armagon (Anonymous), 14-Jul-11 01:06 AM, #25
Reply You were the reason, wikataw, 14-Jul-11 11:39 PM, #26
Reply Big blow to the Fortress, Lohoq (Anonymous), 13-Jul-11 02:49 PM, #17
Reply Thanks for noticing nt, wikataw, 13-Jul-11 05:11 PM, #18
Reply Liked your character, BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 13-Jul-11 07:33 AM, #9
Reply People tend to think they have PermaLifeshield when gro..., wikataw, 13-Jul-11 10:59 AM, #12
Reply I could tell you weren't used to playing a "healery" he..., Mirrou (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 08:12 PM, #8
Reply Dangit., Angynn (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 07:30 PM, #7
Reply I was a Acolyte newb, wikataw, 13-Jul-11 11:02 AM, #13
Reply Ahh My Brother, Morin (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 06:10 PM, #6
Reply You should know I drink., wikataw, 13-Jul-11 11:10 AM, #14
Reply Started strong but seemed to fall kinda flat., Iunna, 12-Jul-11 04:56 PM, #5
Reply I was going great, Wiikataw (Anonymous), 13-Jul-11 10:56 AM, #10
Reply Above is Goodbye Post. nt, wikataw, 13-Jul-11 10:56 AM, #11
Reply I'm going to second this., Vladamir, 13-Jul-11 01:44 PM, #16
Reply You don't know my character at all., wikataw, 13-Jul-11 05:18 PM, #19
     Reply Uhh, yes. I do. So unwad your panties. , Vladamir, 13-Jul-11 06:11 PM, #21
          Reply Not true., Mirrou (Anonymous), 13-Jul-11 09:36 PM, #22
          Reply Who are you playing Troll?, wikataw, 13-Jul-11 10:16 PM, #23
          Reply You can't say he set Acolyte healers back., TMNS, 14-Jul-11 12:31 AM, #24
Reply Regards to Murder Healer., wikataw, 13-Jul-11 05:25 PM, #20
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Jallastan the Affirmation ..., Sivyh (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 03:27 PM, #4
Reply Yay! My life just got 33% easier!, Eljassir (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 01:36 PM, #1
     Reply D'oh! Fortress now recruiting..., FortressSquire (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 02:19 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Yay! My life just got 33% easier!, Rasay (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 02:42 PM, #3
     Reply I honestly felt bad, wikataw, 13-Jul-11 11:12 AM, #15

Kelstrane (Anonymous)Tue 19-Jul-11 09:52 PM
Charter member
#101090, "I had a lot of fun with you"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the help, the interaction, and all that jazz.

You were a really cool ally, and I would have happily helped you regear or whatever after you died.

Armagon (Anonymous)Thu 14-Jul-11 01:06 AM
Charter member
#100964, "Drat"
In response to Reply #0

I had plenty of tricks to make you cry I wanted to try after I heroed. I seemed to have more success poisoning you when you were younger though. Never got a chance to employ any of the bastardish plans. Needless to say the suggest command can become a devious, dirty, foul thing with a creative mind behind it

wikatawThu 14-Jul-11 11:39 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2011
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100995, "You were the reason"
In response to Reply #25

I spent a lot of time finding a cursed weapon. suggest drop all could have been deadly. So many different class/race types that forced me to spend hours trying to find certain gear items if I didn't want to be kill-sealed when 2vs myself. Geez.

When we were in the eternal star and that shaman was talking smack about your poisons, he was almost oocish in his prep knowledge. I tried to ignore it, but quipped in how your poisons were a mere nuisance. Not so. Purity of blood and that higher up sup kept me rather safe from poisons and k-o's. I could have kept purity of blood up the entire time you were on with ease. even had the anti poison and disease edges.

Your cabal mates talked you up when you were not around too, good showing.

Quote "I secretly wish you would get raped or something. I feel like I lose IQ points everytime I look at it." Gaplemo

Lohoq (Anonymous)Wed 13-Jul-11 02:49 PM
Charter member
#100951, "Big blow to the Fortress"
In response to Reply #0

Ill echo Sivyh's comments about how badly I wanted to assassinate you . It was probably the "tickle" and flee/word stuff that got me. From what I saw, you did a good job sticking around until everyone got out. I remember one specific raid where you even said, "everyone out" then worded a round later. If this was your first healer it was impressive, lord knows I could never pull one off.

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 05:11 PM
158 posts
#100952, "Thanks for noticing nt"
In response to Reply #17

nt

Quote "I secretly wish you would get raped or something. I feel like I lose IQ points everytime I look at it." Gaplemo

BaronMySoul (inactive user)Wed 13-Jul-11 07:33 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

A lot of allies seem to be complaining about your lack of keeping them healed. I think people tend to be overly reckless when a healer is around. I never expect much beyond a sanc, so I had no problem with you. You seemed a cool character. I'm a bit sad at the rage delete, though.

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 10:59 AM
158 posts
#100943, "People tend to think they have PermaLifeshield when gro..."
In response to Reply #9

I was doing the best as I could. People seemed to just push their limits. The wrost thing was when I held up a finger and asked for a moment and my groupmates would charge right in before I could give them Aegis, Favor of Sun and other dmg resist preps.

Also. My character had 3 conversations goin on at all time. I dare not ignore anyone or put someone off to much. Can't satisfy everyone

Mirrou (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 08:12 PM
Charter member
#100921, "I could tell you weren't used to playing a "healery" he..."
In response to Reply #0

Or you didn't -want- to play like that. Or maybe I just knew some extremely competent healers in the past and thus my expectations are too high. But I don't think anyone is obligated to play how people expect them to, the important bit is having your roleplay consistent with your playstyle. And you did well on that.

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 07:30 PM
Charter member
#100919, "Dangit."
In response to Reply #0

Well now...
Above and beyond everything else, I was hoping to get to
know you better. I won't get a chance to get a handle on
all my stuff without a healer keeping alive through my
MANY mistakes. Hahaha. Well for whatever reason man,
come back soon. Good luck with your next.

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 11:02 AM
158 posts
#100944, "I was a Acolyte newb"
In response to Reply #7

In the sense, I felt like I did not have the direction
or knowledge on handling certain things an acolyte should know
how to deal with. I wasn't to sure of how to act in situations.
Aliathius going away and Nevaelles times dropping, set me up for
a partial faliure. No blame given however.

Sollin, Padwei and Nnaeshuk are very helpful btw.

Morin (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 06:10 PM
Charter member
#100914, "Ahh My Brother"
In response to Reply #0

I figured this was coming sooner rather than later. Man I'm going to miss you and our adventures. Morin had what I thought was a great relationship with Jallastan. A few bumps early on, like that raid in the Chasm against Tavlin(See Iunna's Comments) but after that I thought you pulled the healer thing off well when we were together. I definitly got the Vibe that you were more of a Solo PK class type of player, but thought you were growing into the Support Class role nicely as you aged.

I have to ask though, there were times when Jallastan seemed to have MPD. Did you drink a bit when you were playing? Sometimes the uber serious acolyte, then others the funny, happy go lucking elf who would put me into a healing sleep out of nowhere....

Either way, hope things go well for you.

GLWYN

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 11:10 AM
158 posts
#100945, "You should know I drink."
In response to Reply #6

A little. Also some rl things were going on at the time
that put me in sour grapes mood. My renters old lady
being a over expecting, non thankfull, hypocrite could
put me in a bad mood for a few days after talking to her.
She threatened to make me get rid of my dog because it
was barking one morning. Her dogs BARK every morning and
afternoon and evening. She just is used to toning them out.
They don't watch their pets. My dog was my invisible side
kick during rest sessions.

Morin and Bhowaer were blood brothers. It was great to have two
great friends see me through me GOOD alignment newbness. Yea,
Iunna and you can say I made uber mistakes. I learned from each
of those mistakes, didn't I? Glad you got recognized for your
silent sacrifices. Wish you had a taste of one of my login sessions.
Tell jallastan, tell jalastan, tell jallastan

Help, Stuck in Jade Mountains. Help Gear? Can I get a recommendation?
Going to die, come soon. Stuck in Jade mountains. Can you gate to me
and give me sanc? Btw, I'm raiding and didn't ask you if you were regearing. ect ect. It was fun however.

IunnaTue 12-Jul-11 04:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#100908, "Started strong but seemed to fall kinda flat."
In response to Reply #0

I really liked this character in the beginning, when it seemed like you
were more focused on being a voice of faith/light.

My advice to you next time is to play a healer *as a healer*, not as a
gate-to/murder and/or turn undead machine. I don't know if you were
trying to take the sphere war healer thing too far or what, but I didn't
think you were the most dependable *healer*. Based on what I saw,
my guess is that you are more accustomed to playing solo-offensive
classes than supporting roles. There were a number of times when you
were far more interested in being *in* the fight and not really paying
attention to who needed healing or help and on more than one occasion,
people died because of that inattentiveness. If my options in a situation
like that are a) no healer at all, or b) unreliable healer, I'm taking option
a in a heartbeat.

Maybe try sphere greed evil shaman next time?

Good luck with whatever you decide next.

Wiikataw (Anonymous)Wed 13-Jul-11 10:56 AM
Charter member
#100941, "I was going great"
In response to Reply #5

Untill i ate my first warbanner/orc looting. I came back to 3 items in my corpse and was going to be damned if I was going to delete over it.
Made it a point to regear as well as I could. It seemed there was always a tactic in a raid that screwed me over. Grapple weapon, then grapple offhand. Reason for spending so much time getting that nodisarm. Then I was defending against five people. So I decide that I am going to deck myself out.

I learned Organia, Aboleths, Octogonal Tower, three dragon Lairs, most of trothon, kuo toa lair and more with this character. Its hard to play a healer an have the access to groups that I did and not want to explore areas that I have not. Having been around for 10 years, I should know all the areas by now. Caught up for lost time.

Many people can vouch for me putting my life in dire circumstances to save their lives. I've died saving others lives. Defended every time.
Spent a lot of time speaking with applicants I think, more than any prior character.

First Goodie, Second Healer.

Staff of striking Screwed me over so many times out of sweet sets.

To fight Tavlin, Mharlndan, Orcs. You need over -90svs -70svp and no disarm/cursed weapon and 1100 dmg plus edges. Fighting as in defending, nuking zombies, surviving an ambush. I think my Healer brought more sway to the Fields than any other during its time or atleast made Huge game Impact.

Playing most evils, and 2 neutrals in my life. This char was a huge success.

Reason I created Jallastan. I was playing a lowbie and some newb on the newbie channel was clusterfuged with quesitons. Rolled up Jallastan to help that newbie for over 4rl hours. Went from there.
I think I did a good job as a war-priest. Some dynamics of my earlier roleplay, interactions.. deleted. Seemed to not have a central design to focus my rp around. Just wanted an acolyte that was able to help Newbs honestly. Wanted to show that I could play a character totally opposite from uber traitorous Vankhu.

Morin, Bhowaer, Iunna, Nnaeshuk, Sollin, Rhone, Zenze, Ghurrank, Zakuun, athialos, polito, skeeta, gleebrok, gramm, sivyh, norington, tavlin, adangar, rasst and many more. Goodbye friends and foes.

It was a sad day when I realized I was not playing my healer as I first intedended... Although He evolved... I could not stand having to change my rp to become a Leader in the Cabal. The only reason I wanted to be a leader was so I could induct very, deservining acolytes.
Nevaelle can't play as much as they used to.

I think I am taking a break. Thanks for exploring with me.

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 10:56 AM
158 posts
#100942, "Above is Goodbye Post. nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

VladamirWed 13-Jul-11 01:32 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#100949, "I'm going to second this."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 13-Jul-11 01:44 PM

I wasn't around much to see your character evolve, I just recently met you. I have to say though, Iunna really hit the nail on the head here with my impression of the character. Jallastan seemed REALLY way more focused on gear and his own survival than in healing anyone else. I saw this lead to quite a few deaths in people who were depending on their healer to...Well be a healer.

I could tell you weren't used to playing good aligned characters, and that's fine. Everyone has a learning curve with something they aren't used to, for instance my evils tend to not really be all THAT evil. For a first attempt at good, you actually did really well. Let me just give you some advice for next time. A little more restraint, both in action and in lootieness, will make you really look a whole lot better to people who will be judging your actions, be it cabalmates, Gods, or enemies. That appearance of goodness will turn into a lot of respect, even from (especially from) your enemies.

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 05:18 PM
158 posts
#100953, "You don't know my character at all."
In response to Reply #16

So let Iunna hit it on the head and don't repeat wisdom that you have no insight over.

If any of my characters needs a piece of Gear, I will take it and as much of it I need.

I logged in naked, 6 times. Don't tell me I was obsessed with gear. I would have deleted way earlier when I lost troll form and stuff. I was dressing for the huge odds I faced at times.

Gave my life for others.

You just recently met me, So you can't say that I was way more focused on gear than healing others. Play a Acolyte. Newbs think they are in god mode when they have someone like me healing them. And when it gets hairy.. they just spam death.

I actually don't care OOC that someone died when I was grabbing gear from the corpse. Teaches them to flee.

Anyone who puts 100% trust in another person keeping them alive in this game. Is going to fail. Consider a healer with you as an accomplice, not your Legal Guardian.

VladamirWed 13-Jul-11 06:11 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#100956, "Uhh, yes. I do. So unwad your panties. "
In response to Reply #19

Just because I just recently met you doesn't mean I didn't have a whole lot of interaction with you. I haven't played in quite a while, but as many can attest to, when I play I'm around a LOT. I'm going to sum up your whole character, using your own words.

"I actually don't care OOC that someone died when I was grabbing gear from the corpse. Teaches them to flee."

That, right there, is why you were a really crappy Acolyte and healer. I didn't call you out on being really just awful, because I was trying to be nice and stick to just beating around the bush and giving you some helpful tips. But, since you want to respond to a very police criticism and some useful advice, and even a "hey you were good" (which for the record, I really didn't mean, I was just trying to be nice) with vitriol, I'll be more than happy to respond in kind. Any Acolyte healer who is even making the barest attempt at roleplay WOULD care. That's really the whole point of the cabal, in case you somehow missed it.

You were such an awful self-centered healer and Acolyte that the simple fact that your character was allowed to be both, set the cabal and class back to such a degree that the Fortress and all healer guilds should be burned to the ground, the ashes gathered up and force fed to a virgin goat, who should then be dragged into Hell and made the star of the hot new video "All the demons of hell, and some goats ass". Then the goat should be taken out and shot, butchered, cooked with saffron (I hate saffron) and force fed to whoever first got you to play CF. This person should then be slapped in the face. Twice.

You were selfish, petulant, and frequently got the people who were unfortunate enough to be with you killed. Yeah, you were capable on Fortress defense as far as the Maran goes, and man that pissed me off at times. But watching you leave people to die while you're looting corpses or fleeing to save yourself, while sometimes to my benefit, still made that part of me who played so many Acolytes weep. As a healer and an Acolyte, your first priority should always be the survival of your peers, not the looting of your enemies.

In a nutshell, you sir, sucked winkie.

Have an awesome day!

Mirrou (Anonymous)Wed 13-Jul-11 09:36 PM
Charter member
#100959, "Not true."
In response to Reply #21

I was sometimes frustrated with how it went but I didn't really blame Jallastan, just the circumstances. What I have seen is that he was doing his best, maybe that wasn't enough but hey, not everyone can be the awesome Sollin.

I would actually wish Jallastan to care more about himself. I saw him eat deaths that could be avoided. And not wanting to go naked is fine, and most of the time, his first priority was getting the job done, and it's not like you can do much if you're naked.

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 10:16 PM
158 posts
#100960, "Who are you playing Troll?"
In response to Reply #21

Like I am going to bother reading your post.

TMNSThu 14-Jul-11 12:31 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#100963, "You can't say he set Acolyte healers back."
In response to Reply #21

I've died at the Empire inners with a person entwined and about to die because the healer I was with was spamming kick.

At least spam curse or something useful if you are going to #### up royally.

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 05:25 PM
158 posts
#100954, "Regards to Murder Healer."
In response to Reply #5

I was far from a murder healer. Hunting Mummimes Do not count against Acolytes. Undead are anathema to everything Acolyte, in my healers rp.

I think Jallastan did a 90% good job. The best tactics for those fights that I was *in* the fight. Was me making 75% of the army fleeing, that is an offensive defense. Plus I would slow their zombies. The finger point could be put at the character that spam/deaths themselves against a solo necromancer. Yea, I made some mistakes. Where were the props for the hundred + thank yous for saving others against an otherwise inevitable death or giving my life for another?

What you saw was me regearing from logging in naked, more than once. I had 9con. I am not playing a bria healer again with only a shield and 3 pieces of clothing, no way.

Sivyh (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 03:27 PM
Charter member
#100907, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Jallastan the Affirmation ..."
In response to Reply #0

I can't put a finger on what exactly, but something about this character made me want to assassinate your face off. Also I'm amazed you only have 282 hours.

Eljassir (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 01:36 PM
Charter member
#100903, "Yay! My life just got 33% easier!"
In response to Reply #0

Wow you were a pretty good healer. I wouldn't put you in the Restraal/Lauraine group, but you really made raiding/retrieving an absolute pain in the ass when you were around.

GLWYN.

FortressSquire (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 02:19 PM
Charter member
#100905, "D'oh! Fortress now recruiting..."
In response to Reply #1

WE NEED ANOTHER HEALER! HELP! HELP!

that is all.

Rasay (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 02:42 PM
Charter member
#100906, "RE: Yay! My life just got 33% easier!"
In response to Reply #1

Will agree with the making raiding and retrieving sentiment expressed above.

Really wish I could have gotten you at least once, but not really a whole lot I could do to keep you around in a fight. Once you decided you was gone, you was gone. Well done.

GLWYN

wikatawWed 13-Jul-11 11:12 AM
158 posts
#100946, "I honestly felt bad"
In response to Reply #1

That I was the reason most cabals did not hold their item 70% of my login.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100902 Previous topic | Next topic