Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Kubiaen Jaelre the Whisper, Bandit Ki..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100860
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 11-Jul-11 12:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100860, "(DELETED) [SCION] Kubiaen Jaelre the Whisper, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Mon Jul 11 12:17:11 2011

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Kubiaen perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:thief
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:154

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Oh well, had a fun ride, ordasen, 11-Jul-11 12:58 PM, #1
     Reply Enjoyed our Interactions, Obregon (Anonymous), 11-Jul-11 01:26 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, Sivyh (Anonymous), 11-Jul-11 01:33 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, ordasen, 11-Jul-11 05:46 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, Cyradia, 11-Jul-11 06:04 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, ordasen, 11-Jul-11 06:53 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, Isildur, 12-Jul-11 08:15 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, Morin (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 07:17 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, ordasen, 13-Jul-11 12:38 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous), 12-Jul-11 09:55 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Oh well, had a fun ride, ordasen, 13-Jul-11 12:41 PM, #11

ordasenMon 11-Jul-11 12:56 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100861, "Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 11-Jul-11 12:58 PM

My yearly char that I seem to roll up and rummage around with. Never really deathful since its always such a long time between when I play a character so I have to relearn each time.

I rolled up Kubiaen after dinner and beer with Shokai, how he was talking about CF once again. Figured eh, what the hell. Looked at the forums and saw Reksah and thought it reminded me of the throw back shadow cabal. However I think my first mistake was going Drow binder :p At rank 42 I think I had somewhere around 610hp (WITH gear) and I could never stay long in up front combat (then again, as a thief you never really should)

My goal and RP with this character was a mixture of Shadow and Entropy wrapped into a Scion shell. From day one I sought to be known as a herald, however working towards goals to frack with everyone and pit everyone against each other. I sent in my application to Scion early figuring what the hell, might as well let them know from the start so they would know I didnt just change up and want to join later on and that it was just a cover for Heralds. Little did I expect it when Mhar asked me at 21 to come to the Chasm and inducted me. He told me to be his eyes and spy upon the chasm and who was plotting what. I was the mole one could say for Scion, plus well all the other cabals as I tried to worm my way into their good graces.

I knew this character would be fracking hard to try to play all the angles and keep me being a scion quiet for as long as possible with todays character info sharing (not always intentional, but when you're a scion and then make another char...hard to forget). I DID have some people who I never met tell me "oh I know your not a herald. You're of the Chasm"...kind of made me Meh at that point. I will be the first to tell you I was a $hitty as hell scion. Its hard to raid and defend while trying to keep a cover story though I would often find others to come and do it for me under a guise or whatever. I had fully planned on coming out of the Scion closet after my major plan had taken affect..but sort of glad it didnt cause I didnt want to royal screw over that char (which it had a possibility of doing). So since Scion is a limited cabal, and I very well know as a player I was ####ty for the cabal... I decided to delete so another could have my slot and have fun AS a scion, and not one being a scion pretending to be another.

Goodbyes:
First and Foremost Reksah:
I must appologize for deleting on you. I loved the interaction however at times I was left with "hurm..not really sure where to go with this". I would have loved to completed the plan I had proposed to you, however I had mixed emotions about it (which I know you did as well probably). Character wise, It was perfect and very very fittign. As a player I was thinkign "I REALLY hope Reksah doesnt go for this as an Imm and finds an out so it doesnt frack over the target". As you stated though, I was a better follower of you then I was of Scion, which really was my goal

Iunna: Hah, I wish to give a small thanks to you the other night for simply just raising your eyebrow at me and not outting me in the Inn. I had to do a lot of dancing with Skeeta as to why I couldnt bring my petition to join the Inn to you right there at that moment.
I was also hoping I could have gotten a story about a paticular Imms tongue being cut out way back in the Inn.....of course I was going to tie it into my current plan I had shared with Reksah *grin*

Mhar: its amusing that you inducted me and never had a problem with me. That you gave me free will to do as I pleased and I had your seal of approval to do as I wished and when others questioned me I would simply point to it :p You of all people I know always hated me as a player/Imm however I will say Mhar the character was cool. I saw good RP and interactions from when you were around. Good job, and Im glad to see you have evolved as a player.

Advisor: You sir are rocking. Sadly I could not really say much to you even though I as well was a Reksah follower. As you say...information is never to be given away for free. And that is what I was counting on when you wanted me to explain myself and say I would help the chasm even if not as a member. It was a bluff and glad you didnt decide to call it :p However it WAS true that I was taking up a slot and kind of why I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Other Scions: A few have done the disappearing act and not around that much. I wont really go out and say names since I dont want to out anyone who isnt known to the public. Those new memebers, stick it out and keep going as you will be fine.

Skeeta! Hah, I'm kind of glad the plan which I presented to Reksah DIDNT go foward. You were the target of said plan for daring to speak of Reksah in your Heraldic Post. Reksah made it know to me that he wouldnt mind you being converted to him, as a bit of amusement. I devised an idea that I would search for and find a relic which would cause you to lose your speach. As a bard, that would be crippling. Of course it would have been an "accident" while you exmaning such a foreign artifact..cause I wouldnt want to give just an ordinary item to the Imms of Herald :p. Once you lost your voice I was going to steer you to Reksah as he is the god of knowledge and would know something of the item (and perhaps had supplied it) Of course all it would take would be your devotion to him to regain your voice..and if didnt ah well..one less bard to speak *grin*

Enemies: This one is a hard one since well everyone was an enemy and yet no one was. I had my run-ins with Goodies but there really wasnt anyone I feared. Then again, there wasnt anyone who feared me I am sure. I could garrot them, bind them up and steal their stuff..but in the end thats all I could do as a solo theif. Plus trying to remain "neutral Herald" I couldnt provoke fights that much. when I did I often claimed I was being paid a bounty to come and defend or attack.

Tribunals: Eh I'll just keep it un-named since I can appericate rp and what have you but I just keep getting a foul taste in my mouth as a player when dealing with them. I was attacked in a city by one while not being wanted and not even with a criminal (just standing there in the same room as the Trib)..yell "help! xxx is doing YYY" and two other tribunals deny it. Tribunal goes on and as far as I know continues employment :p I saw other tribunals sitting and talking with criminals, in their towns jursidiction, people aiding criminals..etc. My character thought it was GREAT...player meh. Ah well, perhaps there was more behind the scene that I didnt know.

I have a lot of thoughts and musings of the binder class that I am going to share, but figured I would just post it on gameplay where it belongs. Feel free to tell me how much I sucked or whatever. I'm sure I'll be back again in 2012 for my yearly character to be a target once more.

*PS*
really currious as to what my history looked liked heh. Wont have access to paypal for a little but maybe in a month or so I will try to get the char sheet. If anyone else wants to grab it, I love you long time.

Obregon (Anonymous)Mon 11-Jul-11 01:26 PM
Charter member
#100862, "Enjoyed our Interactions"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry we never had that chance to sit down and swap war stories. Good presence indeed - make another before a year goes by.

Obregon

Sivyh (Anonymous)Mon 11-Jul-11 01:33 PM
Charter member
#100863, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #1

For what it's worth, I knew it was you behind the "so and so is plotting to depose Sivyh" rumor. Not at first, but eventually. I also totally believed you were a herald pledge up until that point.

ordasenMon 11-Jul-11 05:46 PM
216 posts
#100864, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I figured eventually you would figure it out though was fun setting it up. It was way early on so there was plenty of time to be outted. Though I tried to work many angles with empire and was always quick to throw out your name as to why I didnt oath.

CyradiaMon 11-Jul-11 06:04 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
#100865, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #1

You should play more than once a year.

ordasenMon 11-Jul-11 06:52 PM
216 posts
#100867, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Mon 11-Jul-11 06:53 PM

At times I probably could, though its really tough balancing a family with a 4 year old, my work ( I swear its like the old days dealing with SMUG/DIKU), and other gaming habbits. There are times I miss it, and other times I'm glad I've moved on. Though I do love that some of the better Imms (not a dig at any Immortal, just have my favs like anyone) are still around (or some have returned) to keep the funstick around.

Though one of these days I promise to make a human whip/dagger spec follower of yours. Maybe something along the lines of Bhaerus. Funny part is, if done these days, dagger/whip probably could kick some ass. Sure sure, it was the spec combo way back then which was the reason

IsildurTue 12-Jul-11 08:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#100922, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #6

> and other gaming habbits

Here's your problem. There can be only one: Carrion Fields.

Morin (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 07:17 PM
Charter member
#100916, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #5

My Only interraction with you really was catching you looting the pit after I died somewhere it was too hard for me to get back and get my corpse. I don't remember how much you took, just that the Helm made you step out when you got it. Man did that tick me off. But it was decent Drow Thief RP so I just went on a regear and moved on, Not sure that you were even in PK range with me...

Cyridia is right, you should play more than once a year.

ordasenWed 13-Jul-11 12:38 PM
216 posts
#100947, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #7

Heh. I grabbed a few things and really the only thing I kept was the Bracelet of charms. I used the rest for 2 causes:
1: I used the nice "pure goodie" stuff as a ritual to Reksah to move along my plan for Skeeta which pleased Reksah.

2: I gave back some things to Jallasten to prove I was trying to be neutral and not drow evil. Excuse was I took the things to have them evulated by the Lyceum since they had potential for being on display there :p

No, never got into your range though I did have a few other heros around. You are present a lot so keep up the good work

Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jul-11 09:54 PM
Charter member
#100926, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 12-Jul-11 09:55 PM

Aw, sorry to see you go.

However, without revealing too much, I'll say I knew you were screwing with me, and that you were Scion. I didn't know the details of what you were doing exactly, but I had gathered up bits and pieces of it and knew that your desire to join Herald was a manipulation and that you were likely attempting to screw me over personally in some way.

I just kept pushing you with entrapping questions and heavily encouraged you to seek out Iunna to see how well you'd manage to defend your deception and what excuses you'd come up with.

ordasenWed 13-Jul-11 12:41 PM
216 posts
#100948, "RE: Oh well, had a fun ride"
In response to Reply #9

I figured as much, but when going with this RP its all about how far you can push each other. In attempts of you trying to keep your knowledge a secrete you were still willing to play along which helped continue my guise to others. As a player I went full tilt knowing that in truth everyone knew what I was saying was a lie or wouldnt trust me, so I tried to build double and tripple crosses into the actions.

I had hoped you would play along with the ruse trying to punk me out just a little more and take the item in attempts to mess with me but it back firing on you :p Games of cat and mouse are always fun.

Had fun and thanks for playing along

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100860 Previous topic | Next topic