Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Norington Ven'Aran the Hand of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100753
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 01-Jul-11 03:04 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100753, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Norington Ven'Aran the Hand of the Unseen, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Elite Imperial Shadow"

Fri Jul 1 15:00:49 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Norington perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:400

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Liked this char, Oldril, 05-Jul-11 10:38 PM, #14
Reply I liked this character a lot, incognito, 02-Jul-11 05:02 PM, #7
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Norington Ven'Aran the Hand ..., The Zaan (Anonymous), 01-Jul-11 04:15 PM, #2
Reply Yes, you can rage delete to a MOB. Try it, Gaspar, 01-Jul-11 04:12 PM, #1
     Reply Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Lohoq (Anonymous), 01-Jul-11 05:33 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Yes, you can rage delete to a MOB. Try it, Sivyh (Anonymous), 01-Jul-11 07:24 PM, #4
     Reply Oh you big dummy, Lokain, 02-Jul-11 09:54 AM, #5
     Reply Ah! can't believe I've seen three war masters in my tim..., Gaspar, 02-Jul-11 01:12 PM, #6
     Reply Sorry for the ceremonial mace cranials :), TMNS, 02-Jul-11 06:57 PM, #8
     Reply I gotta admit, it was pretty badass, Gaspar, 02-Jul-11 08:46 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Yes, you can rage delete to a MOB. Try it, Gurz (Anonymous), 02-Jul-11 10:26 PM, #10
     Reply I could hear your frustration, Gaspar, 03-Jul-11 11:59 AM, #11
     Reply take aim, Scarabaeus, 05-Jul-11 09:37 AM, #12
          Reply fired an email at you, Gaspar, 05-Jul-11 02:41 PM, #13

OldrilTue 05-Jul-11 10:38 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100823, "Liked this char"
In response to Reply #0

I had interactions with a few of my chars with Norington and I liked them all.

GLWYN

incognitoSat 02-Jul-11 05:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100765, "I liked this character a lot"
In response to Reply #0

I think I first encountered you as Margg (when you pk'd me as I retrieved), and then subsequently as a semi-ally. I always found your rp entertaining, and liked the fact you weren't a douche to people you killed.

The Zaan (Anonymous)Fri 01-Jul-11 04:15 PM
Charter member
#100755, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Norington Ven'Aran the Hand ..."
In response to Reply #0

Always liked this character, you were a wild card. Didn't really run with the rest of the Imperials when we would raid, but you would suddenly show up and mess someone up. Your traps were Legen.....dary. You also liked to distrubute the wealth of your thievery among the Empire which was always appreciated. Almost too nice, so I always thought you were plotting something in the back ground. Anyway good Shadow Lord and GLWYN.

GasparFri 01-Jul-11 04:12 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100754, "Yes, you can rage delete to a MOB. Try it"
In response to Reply #0

Well, where to start.

I like the thief class, and I try to do them all justice. I do a variety of pure path thieves with minor variations from other paths. Norington was my pure trapper experiment. I went Spymaster for RP and path purposes, and Faolai had just barely enough influence for me to teeter off Blackclaw and jump over to Hamsah ASAP after he died.

Norington was not truly named Norington. Norington was his evil plan to bait an elf named Norington to come and find him. He believed with enough notoriety he would get this to happen. i.e. Shadow Lord, Bandit King, etc.

He was named Norington by an elf who was trying to turn his evil soul good. The elf captor always liked his cousin Norington, thusly naming his new prisoner after him. Cleansing away his evil name and tendencies. But it didn't happen, and the elf got his nuts blown off by a trap. He keeps the name to spite the elf and kill his relative.

I also saw on the MOTD about 'The return of Qaledus', so went for his church with hopes of getting something, but ended up with nothing for 400 hours. Copperbane my ass. Then he was off the Wizlist and I felt silly. I didn't try to jump ship and go for Zulg as another Knowledge sphere, because I think that's horribly tacky. Like Imperials stretching their RP after anathema to become Tribbys. I'm ORDERLY! GET THIS ANA' TAG OFF ME!

I just got back from my grandpas funeral, so now I've got time to think of goodbyes and stuff.

EMPIRE!
Sivyh: Thank you for letting me influence you as much as I did. I always wanted to give you good advice and to help you as much as I could. It was my way to always honor you, the old Shadow Lord, as your replacement. And yes, there were plans to dethrone you, but I always took care of them without you knowing since you had a lot on your plate. I wouldn't let anyone get near your seat, not even myself. After I saw good things from Lohoq and felt comfortable with his competence, I wanted you to put him in my seat and make me Elite, which didn't happen right when I wanted it, but you owned it and made it yours. So it worked out better. Well played.

Jaljabbuk: I raised you from a small puppy! Empire was super weak, no one was on nearly as long as Sivyh and I were one and to boost numbers and play time I would entice any oath I made or found with gear and goodies. You were truly the first for me to spoil. You made elite, empire was strong, and I thank you for sticking around.

Skenhog:'Ol Skenny. I tried to make your life just as easy. We had NO fire giant sword specs in Empire, which sounded crazy, so when I met you, oathed, and found out your path, I was all the happier to see a niche being filled. You made a spectacular elite, and I hope those 200+ silver pills helped your movement for flurry. I tried to put myself in each builds shoes to think of what I would REALLY want if I was the build.

Kjaz: It took forever to get you HP, but when you got it, for whatever reason I KNEW you didn't like me. I didn't do anything about it because I honestly didn't care. I'm untouchable. Only Sivyh could do anything to my position, so it didn't matter. And yes, the Flaaayin thing was horribly put together, but hopefully later you felt bad about it when you started to change your view about me. I guess that's what it took.

Astrex:I got the vibe you didn't like me either, and even eavesdropped to confirm it, but again, it was water off a ducks back with me. I'm one to stick with my guns and didn't care. You did great with your exotics.

Liothsen: You made my lower ranks insane. I had no idea you were deleting, I go to the Inners to see which items, but then see ioun stones and other badassery and nearly had my jaw detach itself. Definitely have to acknowledge that moment in the characters life. People hated that ####ing stone, and I fully expected it to be gone if I ever died in PK.

Maugauth: Such an unstoppable shaman. Mino speech it tough, but I just came off of playing a mino so I think I was the only person to understand and translate for you, haha! I felt your pain. I was rushing to get a divine in the HP seat before Kjaz did, and my 1st pick auto'd, so you got the same treatment. I hope that gold put you over Kjaz, it wasn't obscene gold, but enough to make you noticeable to Sivyh I hope. You got the seat after Kjaz deleted, so it turned out to be all good.

THE ZAAN! Awesome War Master, area songs + area blindness + area soften = pretty nice combo I think. Trappers, or any thieves really, fit with bards pretty well on any path I think.

BATTLE:
Commander Sam: I had to bust your balls as much as I could since there's nothing I can do against a RBW mace spec as a thief. It's dumb to show my neck, but pepper dust was effective if it landed, even it it meant me being dead. Sorry about the Battlerager_only gear I took, it was payback to the 5-8 deaths you gave me at least.

Random Mino warrior to bash me to death and take ioun stones and delete the next day: I felt so freaking dumb, reduce wore off, didn't re-apply. My own damn fault I died!

Karrakk-A-jack: Jerrokkar was brash and brasen. And also Gates. Low and behold, a fire giant villager with the same tendencies and legacy? I wonder if it's the same player. Thanks for going OOC after you caught that loot. Twas fun?

Flaaayin: Gotta love and hate you. All I could do was slow you down or send you packing. Never kill and only loot when I could get someone else to kill you. (thanks duergar blades!) You impacted the Empire morale, like the Nexuns. Goes as follows: player :Flaaayin is on! quick, quit!
player :Norington, is Flaaayin awake?I think I might sleep if he is.
norington: Yup! Lets go kill'm, bash when I get him out of the shadows stuck behind Cents!
player : hey, that sounds swell, guy!

someone had to try to stand up to you and your butt buddy quaggoth!it reminded me a lot of another Quaggoth built character. The scion advisor swamp ranger, who also acknowledged the quaggoths hold on players, and took advantage of the area(swamp and pounce). I wonder if there is a connection.

IMM:

THROR!
Thank you for the acknowledgement of my role and I hoped I was playing it well enough for your liking. You're a great guy, and thank you for cheap shot. (sorry I didn't use it much!) And the best moment of the day was being transported INSIDE of the Fortress to ambush those forties. Man was that badass! Such a nice prize. Thanks again!

SCARAB!
Thank you for allowing what you did. I've always loved Hamsah and wanted to know every secret it had. It was nice to have that feeling of discovery when you shared those new toys you made. Looks like someone got to show Shaapa too. lol. I have an awesome idea for an area I want to tell you about. but how do I contact you to tell you about it? Thank you again! It meant a lot.

Lohoq (Anonymous)Fri 01-Jul-11 05:33 PM
Charter member
#100757, "Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
In response to Reply #1

You were great. In no way would I have kicked you out, but obviously when I saw your time declining I pressed a little harder. You were a very effective Shadowy Shadow Lord. I remember seeing Gurzgred pound you into oblivion for 10 RL minutes and felt to bad, then you would pull some nasty traps out, it was pretty great. Thanks for helping me out with gold, EQ etc, you definitely helped the Shadow Sect become stronger. Hopefully I can fill your shoes just a wee bit. Come back to the Empire and make that sword spec you know you want to.

Sivyh (Anonymous)Fri 01-Jul-11 07:24 PM
Charter member
#100758, "RE: Yes, you can rage delete to a MOB. Try it"
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the ones I never suspected was trying to screw me. Yay for being right. Sorry to lose you.

LokainSat 02-Jul-11 09:54 AM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#100763, "Oh you big dummy"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for all your help with Oringus. You were fun to run with.

You must have been super close to a con death, you should have just stuck it out til then!

GasparSat 02-Jul-11 01:12 PM
367 posts
#100764, "Ah! can't believe I've seen three war masters in my tim..."
In response to Reply #5

Zaso, you, and then Zaan.

I wanted you in there bad because I always thought tactics and polearms were awesome.

It was pretty much, men, sivyh, and you. We were the only three on ever. You deserved War Master in my eye after the countless battles I watched and joined in on. Circle stab killing blow must have pissed you off, sorry!

TMNSSat 02-Jul-11 06:57 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#100768, "Sorry for the ceremonial mace cranials :)"
In response to Reply #1

Actually, not really.

You got it bad a couple times. Oh well

And yes, the lowbie villagers were in total fear of that god damn stone because of how rough it is on villagers.

GasparSat 02-Jul-11 08:46 PM
367 posts
#100769, "I gotta admit, it was pretty badass"
In response to Reply #8

catching an OBLIT on a cranial. lol

Gurz (Anonymous)Sat 02-Jul-11 10:26 PM
Charter member
#100770, "RE: Yes, you can rage delete to a MOB. Try it"
In response to Reply #1

I had a lot of respect for you and you have no idea how much pepper dust annoyed me. An excellent shadow lord. Thanks for not robbing me blind(I was prepared for it, for some reason it just never happened) but damn you for stealing the Codex so much.

GasparSun 03-Jul-11 11:59 AM
367 posts
#100776, "I could hear your frustration"
In response to Reply #10

You would raid, I'd eavesdrop at the vanquisher. wait around. let you go to the council, trap at the hallway north of the vanquisher. go check on your health, wait until you got lagged or lagged yourself, pepper dust. you would flee. I'd follow.

then I'd hear you CB through eavesdrop AMNED PEPPER DUST! AAARRRGGHH!!! lol

it wasn't that extreme, but it pretty much ended your solo raids when we were the only ones in the palace. :>

you had a great build, and it makes me want to roll up a dwarf sometime. See yeh aroun', lad.

ScarabaeusTue 05-Jul-11 09:37 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#100813, "take aim"
In response to Reply #1

Glad to hear it was fun for you. You can e-mail me at scarabaeus at CF. My time over the next week and a half is pretty sporadic, but I'll get the e-mail.

GasparTue 05-Jul-11 02:41 PM
367 posts
#100820, "fired an email at you"
In response to Reply #12

When you get it and think, quantum mechanics? It's the right email.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100753 Previous topic | Next topic