Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Alloriana Zhe'therko Tirrach the L..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100715
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 29-Jun-11 05:52 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100715, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Alloriana Zhe'therko Tirrach the Light's Hopeful Song, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Wed Jun 29 17:48:11 2011

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Alloriana perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:173

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Can someone get this pbf, I'd love to read it but alas,..., Fortress (Anonymous), 04-Jul-11 09:40 PM, #20
Reply I frickin' hope so!, bugboy, 04-Jul-11 10:45 PM, #21
Reply And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-, Alloriana (Anonymous), 29-Jun-11 11:01 PM, #1
     Reply Can fortress keep one acolyte? nt, Jallastan (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 03:28 AM, #2
     Reply Hey now-, Alloriana (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 10:12 AM, #5
          Reply I keep forgetting it was you!, Jallastan (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 11:31 AM, #6
     Reply No hug for you!, Nnaeshuk, 30-Jun-11 03:33 AM, #3
     Reply *hugs from beyond the graveyard* NT, Alloriana (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 10:10 AM, #4
     Reply Aww, Zakuun (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 11:38 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Aww, Alloriana (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 12:57 PM, #8
     Reply RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-, Padwei, 30-Jun-11 04:03 PM, #9
     Reply RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-, Alloriana (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 10:58 PM, #14
     Reply This is pretty inconsiderate., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 07:15 PM, #10
     Reply I agree, in part., Iunna, 30-Jun-11 07:51 PM, #11
     Reply RE: This is pretty inconsiderate., Alloriana (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 10:40 PM, #13
          Reply No, no, you misunderstood me., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 01-Jul-11 04:34 AM, #16
               Reply RE: No, no, you misunderstood me., Alloriana (Anonymous), 01-Jul-11 10:52 AM, #17
     Reply RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-, Malakhi, 30-Jun-11 07:54 PM, #12
     Reply RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-, Alloriana (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 11:04 PM, #15
     Reply RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-, Sollin, 01-Jul-11 08:26 PM, #18
          Reply RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-, Alloriana (Anonymous), 02-Jul-11 01:51 AM, #19

Fortress (Anonymous)Mon 04-Jul-11 09:40 PM
Charter member
#100808, "Can someone get this pbf, I'd love to read it but alas,..."
In response to Reply #0

Not for 2 weeks, I just have 24 copper and soup.

bugboyMon 04-Jul-11 10:45 PM
Member since 23rd Mar 2007
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#100809, "I frickin' hope so!"
In response to Reply #20

With any luck I'll be able to buy the PBF tomorrow evening, otherwise I'd love someone to death if they got it for me. I've never gotten a PBF toon before and I feel sort of... obligated, to get it for her because of the complexity.

Thanks for the comment, btw

Alloriana (Anonymous)Wed 29-Jun-11 11:01 PM
Charter member
#100720, "And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-"
In response to Reply #0

And with similar circumstances, save I didn't wait to auto. I had a total blast with this character and as usual, she's one of the ones that'll be with me forever along with everyone that made her journey possible. To the Imms that bothered to read my 28 pages of 3 paragraph or more role chapters, I applaud, and thank you.

As usual, my stay with the Fortress of Light was enjoyable, and I'm honestly incredibly glad several things -didn't- play out, such as Wyndyne's fortune telling saying Lori would later in life become the Elder Prophet. I owe an incredible debt to everyone that participated in Lori's life, and made my return to Carrion Fields as enjoyable and addictive as my first day (only with less noobishness.)

I have far too many people to thank to even begin to list here, so I'll stick to the ones that played a persistent role in her life.

Mirrou, Sollun, Gurzgred, and Rhone: You four were beyond what I'd call some of my best friends here, even if I only knew you in character for the one character. I had a helluva time playing with you all. Those not mentioned (and because I'm already getting wife-aggro) just leave a line here and I'll reply to you ASAP. I tend to have pretty good memory for meetings so just drop me a line.

Also: Padwei, I have this sneaking suspicion you knew who I was before you even Aco'ed me. Thanks again for making Fort so damn fun, especially with helping me tease Gurz.

The RP bit for Lori's deletion:
While the K'thalza Cree had been all but exterminated, Lori did remain the eldest storyteller and with far more than she had originally left with. A missive was left to those she cared for with the words, "In the desert home I continue to roam, where daylight breaks and gives way to night you'll find the Eagle has taken to flight."

With the knowledge of the Acolytes of the Golden Sun, Alloriana sets out to the deep Araile desert seeking those which need joy, love, and laughter the most to fulfill her deepest wish: parting the darkness to let the Light live in every heart.

Imms, I hope to be getting the PBF some time in the next week or two. If I need to do anything special because of the week, just let me know.

Aim- Aurora5060

Jallastan (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 03:28 AM
Charter member
#100723, "Can fortress keep one acolyte? nt"
In response to Reply #1

What am I going to do now with me and Nevaelle?

Alloriana (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 10:12 AM
Charter member
#100727, "Hey now-"
In response to Reply #2

So long as you remember some of what Lori was trying to teach everyone you'll be fine. Just remember. It's perfectly acceptable to be a little whacky to make people laugh. It is in fact part of your job as an acolyte.

Jallastan (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 11:31 AM
Charter member
#100728, "I keep forgetting it was you!"
In response to Reply #5

Rope.

NnaeshukThu 30-Jun-11 03:33 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100725, "No hug for you!"
In response to Reply #1

signed,

Your Local, Neighborhood Hug-Nazi

Glad you had fun!

Nae-nae

Alloriana (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 10:10 AM
Charter member
#100726, "*hugs from beyond the graveyard* NT"
In response to Reply #3

nt

Zakuun (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 11:38 AM
Charter member
#100729, "Aww"
In response to Reply #1

No love, no hugs

Alloriana (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 12:57 PM
Charter member
#100730, "RE: Aww"
In response to Reply #7

Oh come now. Everyone gets hugs. That's Lori's rule y'know.

PadweiThu 30-Jun-11 04:03 PM
Member since 11th Mar 2009
79 posts
#100736, "RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-"
In response to Reply #1

>Also: Padwei, I have this sneaking suspicion you knew who I
>was before you even Aco'ed me. Thanks again for making Fort so
>damn fun, especially with helping me tease Gurz.

I really had no idea who you were in the past (there's not many people
I can pick out anyway) but now that you bring up Elghinn, the whole
really-not-wanting-to-kill-any-sentient-being was pretty similar. You
came across as being a little less attention-seeking than last time
(which is good), and I thought you did a good job overall.

Hope to see you back soon!

Alloriana (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 10:58 PM
Charter member
#100743, "RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-"
In response to Reply #9

Yeah, when I came back I did a search on Elghinn to see if anyone left anything in my death thread (sadly, none,) but I knew I was kind of an attention-whore in the past. I tried to do the opposite this time around by giving everyone ELSE attention and various kinds of RP lovin's (like the incessant hugging.)

I had a total blast with Lori, but like when I had Elghinn, life backfired on me, only this time I'm not out of a job. My wife on the other hand has enjoyed beating me up a lot and we've been getting settled in, so my absence in a very large part was really unexpected.

I didn't even anticipate actually WINNING the Role Contest. I figured Malakhi would get 13 chapters in and give up in all honesty.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 07:15 PM
Charter member
#100737, "This is pretty inconsiderate."
In response to Reply #1

I really hate seeing people enter the RC just to delete a month later. It's really unfair to others to just snatch rewards and not of cared about the character enough to stick it out.

Not bitching or being hostile... purely constructive because I wouldn't have had anything to enter, just bringing it up because it happens way to often and winning the RC is such a good feeling that people who are actually going to play their characters should feel.

IunnaThu 30-Jun-11 07:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#100739, "I agree, in part."
In response to Reply #10

I think you're right, we do see a lot of people who aren't as active or
roll up characters specifically to enter a role contest. However, I do
think some of the responsibility falls on the shoulders of the Immortals
as well, and some (maybe most?) of us do take that into consideration.
Malakhi doesn't have that sort of information though, and it's tough to
draw a line in the sand and say, "This person doesn't deserve to win
because they haven't logged on in 3 weeks," when that RC win might
be enough to draw them back into the game/reignite that interest. I
know that's definitely worked for me in the past.

But yeah, doesn't look like it worked out that way in this instance.

Alloriana (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 10:40 PM
Charter member
#100741, "RE: This is pretty inconsiderate."
In response to Reply #10

To be fair, I didn't claim my reward, and I could swear I sent something to Malakhi to pick someone other than me. It's not my fault my life got busy and I can't devote the kind of time I'm accustomed to giving Carrion Fields.

I'm sorry you feel I was being a douche, but that's not the case.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Fri 01-Jul-11 04:34 AM
Charter member
#100747, "No, no, you misunderstood me."
In response to Reply #13

We had a lot of good RP when I had Cagubrak. I thought you were fantastic and far far from a douche, I never said that.

That being said, I just meant for people that know they can let RL overcome them so quickly and have to delete, it sucks that you can be quality and yet delete so fast after winning something so desirable.

I loved the character. I just wish you were still around.

Alloriana (Anonymous)Fri 01-Jul-11 10:52 AM
Charter member
#100751, "RE: No, no, you misunderstood me."
In response to Reply #16

Trust me, I wish I could still BE around. I miss Lori. Liked the RP I got from Cagu. The deaths.... Not so much.

You got your own role chapter by the way.

MalakhiThu 30-Jun-11 07:54 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100740, "RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-"
In response to Reply #1

Your role was insane. It was quite intimidating with that many chapters, and I couldn't make any sense of where you were going with it .. until you added the executive summary. Then it was like "Ahhhh, this #### makes sense!" And I could go back through it and appreciate it

I am disappointed you deleted so quickly afterward because I thought one, at least, of the rewards was very role appropriate and you would have some fun with it

All in all, not an easy character to pull off and manage to be an asset (which you were) as opposed to a buffoon, and good luck with your next!

Alloriana (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 11:04 PM
Charter member
#100744, "RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-"
In response to Reply #12

Oh I'm sure I was an idiot in more than one way. The Role having her as new to the land made sense as she was my first -serious- character since I had Elghinn. I had almost zero memory for where stuff was, though I DID remember where most areas were.

I did still have a penchant for getting lost at the most inconvenient times though. I almost wanna see if there were any Imm comments saying "For christ sakes STOP WRITING ROLE CHAPTERS!!!"

SollinFri 01-Jul-11 08:26 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2011
78 posts
#100759, "RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-"
In response to Reply #1

Hey!

Sorry about the slack response... I've been a ill lately and am not really allowed access to a computer. That being said, I could not pass up an opportunity to check on things and I see this?!

I enjoyed this character... From our first interactions, right through to the last ones. You had a great sense of energy that will be sorely missed.

Goodluck with whatever comes next!

Sollin

P.S Now who is going to come and keep me company?

Alloriana (Anonymous)Sat 02-Jul-11 01:51 AM
Charter member
#100761, "RE: And so concludes Elghinn 2.0-"
In response to Reply #18

One of the things I hope to have achieved was the sense of "If Lori were here, what would she have done?"

I wanted her to be kind of infectious. She was fun to play, and I wanted her to have as much energy as I did enthusiasm for her as a character along her extensive development.

I'm sure I'll see you in the fields again. It'll just be -after- me and the wife get ourselves settled in and caught up with the real world as it were. I'd have asked for an IC wedding, but I doubt 1: the Imms would approve, and 2: she won't touch Carrion Fields. I tried for months and couldn't do it.

That said, was it your idea to call me "The Light's Hopeful Song?"

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100715 Previous topic | Next topic