Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Salahrucid Cirqu 'Inaldrun the Fo..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100708
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 29-Jun-11 02:24 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100708, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Salahrucid Cirqu 'Inaldrun the Force of Nature, Harbinger of Thar-Eris"

Wed Jun 29 14:22:37 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Salahrucid perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:355

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So long 'Cid!, Ghuanrrak (Anonymous), 06-Jul-11 08:17 AM, #21
Reply Farewell, Amaranthe, 03-Jul-11 05:21 PM, #15
Reply Hey hope you are well!, famousamos, 03-Jul-11 06:10 PM, #16
Reply Thanks for sticking around., Aereglen, 05-Jul-11 01:28 PM, #18
Reply sigh, zaolu (Anonymous), 29-Jun-11 08:59 PM, #5
Reply I wish I had got to know you better., Aereglen, 30-Jun-11 03:50 PM, #11
Reply A farmer's work is never done, but with Cid I sure had ..., Aereglen, 29-Jun-11 06:10 PM, #2
Reply Sad to see, Cadeyrn (Anonymous), 29-Jun-11 07:58 PM, #4
Reply Im sad to be gone, but live goes on., Aereglen, 30-Jun-11 03:40 PM, #10
Reply And then there was one., Onya (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 12:17 AM, #6
Reply You were awesome!, Aereglen, 30-Jun-11 03:18 PM, #9
Reply My family are beef farmers by the way. nt, Wikataw (Anonymous), 30-Jun-11 03:29 AM, #7
Reply Really? I'm sorry., Aereglen, 30-Jun-11 03:11 PM, #8
Reply Yea, we are big, dumb, hard working fin landers., wikataw, 04-Jul-11 11:14 AM, #17
Reply RE: My family are beef farmers by the way. nt, Isildur, 01-Jul-11 01:18 AM, #13
Reply I enjoyed you alot.., Irelia, 30-Jun-11 11:36 PM, #12
Reply Likewise my friend., Aereglen, 05-Jul-11 01:46 PM, #20
Reply RE: A farmer's work is never done, but with Cid I sure ..., Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 01-Jul-11 04:17 PM, #14
     Reply Thanks for noticing!, Aereglen, 05-Jul-11 01:41 PM, #19
Reply Hope everything is well..., Balta, 29-Jun-11 05:05 PM, #1
     Reply Don't worry bud, life is good., Aereglen, 29-Jun-11 06:21 PM, #3

Ghuanrrak (Anonymous)Wed 06-Jul-11 08:17 AM
Charter member
#100825, "So long 'Cid!"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all the good times, sorry to see you go and hope everything in RL works out OK!

AmarantheSun 03-Jul-11 05:20 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100778, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 03-Jul-11 05:21 PM

Well done, as far as I saw. I wish I would have had an opportunity to RP with you about my religion and maybe give you a tatt, but our login times never seemed to align with a time when I had the time to dedicate to it. It probably would have been a good match!

Hope to see you around the Fields again soon.

famousamosSun 03-Jul-11 06:10 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2011
7 posts
#100781, "Hey hope you are well!"
In response to Reply #15

Great times in the past!

AereglenTue 05-Jul-11 01:28 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100814, "Thanks for sticking around."
In response to Reply #15

Thanks for just simply staying with the mud. When I was thinking of what to roll I looked at the wizlist and you were still on it. But you weren't around much and it saddened me so when I rolled Cid I made it a bit of a side mission to try and show people still like you and your religion. Maybe I'll see you around with my next.

KEEP THIS MUD ALIVE. IT'S STILL AWESOME!

zaolu (Anonymous)Wed 29-Jun-11 08:59 PM
Charter member
#100719, "sigh"
In response to Reply #0

The sorts of players willing to have fun while not fighting are what we need more of. Sad I never got to really run wild with you, but quite pleased to hear you're coming back soon. Good luck with the farm, see you in the fields.

AereglenThu 30-Jun-11 03:50 PM
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100735, "I wish I had got to know you better."
In response to Reply #5

"The sorts of players willing to have fun while not fighting are what we need more of. " Word up and back atcha!

I really wish I had got to spend more time around you, you seemed like a cool character and not just a cookie cutter civilization bad, kill civilization, forest good, coins bad. You had style and that's something I wish I had more of myself. I know I'm pretty boring sometimes because I know what I want to say but translating it to my fingers to the keyboard does.... not... work... and my mind stutters and I'll end up just doing a nod. phht, lame I know but I'm working on it. Keep playing man, please. The game needs players like you now more than ever. I'll catch you out there, or maybe vice versa peas

AereglenWed 29-Jun-11 06:10 PM
476 posts
#100716, "A farmer's work is never done, but with Cid I sure had ..."
In response to Reply #0

I love this game.

To everybody I interacted with, thank you for continuing to play this game. I am HORRIBLE with remembering names so if you post something I'll reply.

Salahrucid was a comeback character for me. I had not played a SERIOUS character that I liked since Aereglen and the fall of sylvan with the rise of outlander times. I had a couple of outlanders in the past(Zherkalt and Carubahdeh) as well as others cabaled and not, but for some reason the "spark" just wasn't there for me anymore and I don't know why. Every character I rolled it felt like it was more of a chore than a happyfuntime game. Then like many of you have experienced, over the years the tug of CF kept at me, and it got strong enough that I rolled Salahrucid to come back and damn I'm glad I did. I honestly can't explain how the addiction came back, but here I am. I'm back with a strong urge to play.

BUT..... we can't all get what we want.

I come from a family of farmers and I am a college student. After the spring semester was over I came home for the summer. I live in the great plains. I don't know if you've all been following the weather but for the past 3 months it has been hell on earth up here. A blizzard in February followed by practically monsoonal rainstorms for the following 2 months has given me A LOT OF THINGS TO FIX and now that the rains are gone, the heat is here with HIGH humidity. When I'm not working i'm sleeping in a highly air conditioned room. I just haven't had the time lately to play. I know I could have given up the leadership position and stayed in outlander so I could still play when I find the time, but I don't like that idea. I would have been holding a neutral spot in outlander and I don't think it's fair to the rest of the players. I really really wanted to keep Cid, but in the end I feel this was the best decision. I will come back after all the work on my family farm is done and nothing else needs to be fixed... I hope.

I love this game and those that keep it running, the players and the staff. Even to those that would drop role in game to tell me my name is not of the correct structure of a giant's name. I never really liked the idea that if you play a giant you have to have a name of 5 characters or less, I never got that memo. Or the thieves that would tell me I'm playing an outlander wrong for killing them when they're uncabaled. Or a certain indivudual who didn't like how his interview went. Advice: if someone asks you a strange question during an interview, don't get pissed right away because you didn't see the question coming or that you just didn't have a good answer for it and then tell the interviewer it's a stupid question. That just shows you are putting in as little effort as you have to, and that's not the attitude to have if you're going for a cabal. We all may have bumped heads IC but as a person and player I thank each and every one of you for keeping this wonderful world alive.

I'm just glad to be back! I'll see you all in the fields!

Cadeyrn (Anonymous)Wed 29-Jun-11 07:58 PM
Charter member
#100718, "Sad to see"
In response to Reply #2

Sad to see you go, but I understand the farmer life. Was a blast running around with you, and you were always my go to guy when I had something I wanted turned into wood. Glad we had the chance to meet and play along side each other in Outlander. You were probably one of the few remaining that was in Outlander when Cadeyrn was inducted. New crop is coming in.

GLYWN hope to see ya in the Refuge again soon

AereglenThu 30-Jun-11 03:40 PM
476 posts
#100734, "Im sad to be gone, but live goes on."
In response to Reply #4

Like Cid always said, it's all part of the cycle, part of change, part of life. It's needed to keep the seasons moving. I'm gunna miss you. You were ALWAYS up for something if it was exploring, hunting, or just sitting and talking. I especially like the times you sat camo during interviews. Everytime you would send me a tell of you liking or disliking something the applicant said or did it was usually when i was typing a tell to you saying almost exactly the same thing. Great minds think alike, right? *wink* I got the impression you are one of those genuinely fun players who wants everyone to have a good time and not like others who only care about themselves. I can't wait to interact with you and others in the future. Hang tough and I'll be back soon! peas

Onya (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 12:17 AM
Charter member
#100722, "And then there was one."
In response to Reply #2

Had alotta fun running around with you over the year or so our two characters have been going. You always had those weird times where I would see you alot for like a week and then not at all for like a month, but whenever you were on it was always a blast. I'm pretty sure this makes me the last of our "class" of inductees. You'll be missed. GLWYN.

AereglenThu 30-Jun-11 03:18 PM
476 posts
#100733, "You were awesome!"
In response to Reply #6

I am really gunna miss our hunting parties. Remember when you, Balta, and Shura would be on. THOSE were fun parties. It didn't matter if 3 or 8 imperials were on, we would hunt them. They died, we died, everyone was havin' a good time! I like your name too. I would use it as a joke sometimes after transmuting gear for people. THey would wear it and I'd say, "I looks good onya." and confused a few people, some got the joke and laughed. I hope your able to get some more play time in, trust me I know how tough it can be to set aside time to mud *wink*, Onya is a fun character that makes the experience better for all. Keep on truckin' man and I'll see you out there!

Wikataw (Anonymous)Thu 30-Jun-11 03:29 AM
Charter member
#100724, "My family are beef farmers by the way. nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

AereglenThu 30-Jun-11 03:11 PM
476 posts
#100732, "Really? I'm sorry."
In response to Reply #7

If there is anything I hate worse than going down into old wells it's working mutha ####in' cattle. It seems like they just make everything go wrong and half the time someone gets hurt when running them through the shoot for either poors or brands or what have you. I've never been kicked but I've been stepped on and been pushed into the rails by them and jesus christ does that hurt. I love to eat them but I hate helping raise them. I can sit in an air conditioned tractor cab all day if I have to. You pull a lever and it does what you want. Cattle are big, dumb, and stubborn. They never do what you want them to do. Lucky for me we don't raise them, we just help out friends and neighbors who raise them.

wikatawMon 04-Jul-11 11:14 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2011
158 posts
#100802, "Yea, we are big, dumb, hard working fin landers."
In response to Reply #8

We as in every buddy but me.

Quote "I secretly wish you would get raped or something. I feel like I lose IQ points everytime I look at it." Gaplemo

IsildurFri 01-Jul-11 01:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#100746, "RE: My family are beef farmers by the way. nt"
In response to Reply #7

"Beef farmer" sounds so much more disgusting than "rancher".

IreliaThu 30-Jun-11 11:36 PM
Member since 11th May 2011
46 posts
#100745, "I enjoyed you alot.."
In response to Reply #2

Cid was a very cool character..Cloud giant druids are really fun to
play. And your role play was outstanding. I hope everything ends up
well on the farm and life for you returns to the norm. I hope to see
you back in the fields again and the Tree. Your a quality type player
that adds a lot to this game.

Whitesun

AereglenTue 05-Jul-11 01:46 PM
476 posts
#100816, "Likewise my friend."
In response to Reply #12

I really wanted to talk to you but it seemed we were all always busy when you were around. It seemed like we were similar in many ways. The problem was when you were around we were raiding, defending, or something else that wouldn't allow us time to kick back and chat. Busy busy busy. What you say about me goes back at ya buddy, you are an awesome player who makes this game great. Please don't leave us. Hopefully I'll see you around with my next!

Bell (NOT Oryntohr)Fri 01-Jul-11 04:17 PM
Charter member
#100756, "RE: A farmer's work is never done, but with Cid I sure ..."
In response to Reply #2

This is a bummer to see, Cid was great. It really showed how good he was that instead of wilting compared to Balta or you two fading together, you two really both stood out as separate awesome entities. I've been in the situation where I was playing the same build/cabal/etc as somebody else who was very good at it, and my experience was that with the bar set so high you had to do much more than alright to look alright by comparison. I think you two pulled this off very very well.

I have family in southern Missouri who have caught some of this crazy spring weather, too, so I understand why you had to hang it up. Hurry back, and glwyn.

AereglenTue 05-Jul-11 01:41 PM
476 posts
#100815, "Thanks for noticing!"
In response to Reply #14

Some people, mostly non-outlanders, seemed to think Balta and I were the same character. I'm glad those in the tree could see our true colors shine through. You were fun when you were around but it seemed like we had pretty different play times. We didn't get to raid too much together or go hunting for that matter. Next time will be better! I'll have more time when I get back in there. Thanks for playing this game man, seriously. I miss the crazy chaos that used to go on when more people played. Lets keep those fun times alive!

BaltaWed 29-Jun-11 05:05 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
166 posts
#100713, "Hope everything is well..."
In response to Reply #0

I know you wouldn't have wanted to delete cid
for any old reason, and I also understand not
wanting to let the char just sit and/or take up a
leader spot. So I hope everything is cool on your
end. I really liked cid, definately one of balta's
best friends in the tree. We went through some
bad and great times when I was harbinger. Was
nice that you were always ready to throw down
raiding or fighting.. That's my play style too.

Hopefully I will see you back in the tree soon
with something else!!

Balta

AereglenWed 29-Jun-11 06:21 PM
476 posts
#100717, "Don't worry bud, life is good."
In response to Reply #1

Everything is all good here buddy! I just didn't want to hog any spot in a cabal like that. When all this work here at home is done I'll be back for sure.

We had some awesome fun times, didn't we. You as a character was very similar to Cid in certain ways. We were the friendly teddy bears that were fun loving people who really enjoyed a good joke. But anger the bears and the joke is on you. I missed you a lot when you imm'd. We had some crazy fun times if we were hunting our foes or just sitting in the bush cracking jokes at each other. That's the stuff that makes logging into this other world so great. You don't have to be constantly killing to have fun. I hope having a heroimm doesn't hold you back too much from hanging among the mortals as one yourself. *wink* Cya out there buddy.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100708 Previous topic | Next topic