Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Smoberti Batata the Grand Elder of Cha..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100011
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 09-Jun-11 06:36 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100011, "(DELETED) [None] Smoberti Batata the Grand Elder of Changelings, Indiscriminant Killer"

Thu Jun 9 06:33:56 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Smoberti perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:89

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

laxmanThu 09-Jun-11 09:00 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#100016, "out like a trout"
In response to Reply #0

So I doubt many people know or remember me since my playtimes have gone all to heck over the last couple of months.

I had never played a utility shifter before so the purpose of this character was simply to get a feel for their strengths and weaknesses. I originally planned to join tribunal but I made a boo boo when hunting with the ostrich (run put me into galadon rather than still being on east road) and I got flagged. Since there is no going back I kind of lost all sense of purpose with the char but decided to stick it out to try out final forms.

To fill the void of having a cabal (because you can't be active in pk as a neutral at all without being in a cabal and not get turned evil) I created my own set of rules to live by.

Rule 1 - Kill people who hide/camo/duo all the time. I picked this rule after getting the fox and it was just about getting people out of hiding so people wouldn't have to look over their shoulder and wonder who was in the shadows/bushes.

Rule 2 - Even up fights. Not in the sense of nexus with good vs evil but more in terms of, if I see 1 guy fighting 3, join the 1 guy. If I see 3 fort seperatly tracking and hunting one imperial, kill the fort.

I belive rule 2 is where people got really confused and thought I was being evil. I would make the argument that the essence of helping the overwhelmed was at its core good but since I wrote no role I couldn't expect anyone watching to understand that.

There was a third rule though.

Rule 3 - If you tried to imply I was a murder gnome you died.

I will admit I did a little indiscriminate killing that was outside those 3 rules, (3 different log in sessions for about 45 minutes a piece). Though after I got the title I figured if the imms wanted me to kill indiscrimanently I might as well try. It was a challenge getting around without magic and wands but still very doable. I could have strung this char out and still put down a fair number of people, I was ready for no casting/enliven, the no zap was a surprise.

anyways it was fun, I learned a lot, I don't hold any grudges. I knew I would get turned evil eventually because I didn't write my rules down but I think the gun was jumped a bit. After this experience I don't think I will ever do another offense/defense pk shifter. You get all the defense you could need in a pk char with utility and you get added utility on top of it as well as offensive abilities.

TMNSThu 09-Jun-11 04:10 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100024, "Told you cheetah was ####."
In response to Reply #1

You need to listen to me when I talk about shifters man

First Lion/porc, now this char with cheetah. You're winning the lottery man!

Didn't interact with this character except one moment where I got the impression based on your history that you'd attack me, but you didn't...which made me think you did have roleplay.

Keep PA on lock for me. Back in September!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #100011 Previous topic | Next topic