Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dwynlir the Holy of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24901
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 23-Feb-04 03:44 PM
Member since 28th Jun 2024
16971 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24901, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dwynlir the Holy of Faith"

Mon Feb 23 14:40:24 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Dwynlir perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:181

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply ACK! Grab his mark! :P, Optomkiptum (Guest), 24-Feb-04 09:27 AM, #1
     Reply RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P, Dwynlir (Guest), 24-Feb-04 10:35 AM, #2
          Reply RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P, Lochzan (Guest), 24-Feb-04 10:54 AM, #3
          Reply RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P, Dwynlir (Guest), 24-Feb-04 10:59 AM, #4
          Reply My comments., Jaegrudai (Guest), 24-Feb-04 11:54 AM, #5
          Reply I remember you being quite pk orientated, Baendra (Guest), 24-Feb-04 12:28 PM, #6
          Reply RE: I remember you being quite pk orientated, Dwynlir (Guest), 24-Feb-04 12:36 PM, #7
          Reply Well, Hmprf!, Grurk (Guest), 24-Feb-04 04:13 PM, #8
          Reply Will miss you, believe it or not, No-beard., Odrirg (Guest), 24-Feb-04 04:23 PM, #9
          Reply Glad you enjoyed the role play., Lyristeon, 24-Feb-04 07:55 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Glad you enjoyed the role play., Dwynlir (Guest), 24-Feb-04 10:28 PM, #13
          Reply RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P, Velkurah, 24-Feb-04 08:26 PM, #11
               Reply RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P, Dwynlir (Guest), 24-Feb-04 10:17 PM, #12

Optomkiptum (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 09:27 AM

#24914, "ACK! Grab his mark! :P"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry about that whole ordeal. Kinda feel sorry you lost your Lord and stuff too. Liked playing about with you even if you did seem a little too hung up on gear its not like I can talk now is it

Plenty I can remark on but I don't know how much you want me to give away. You taught me a few things, guess I hope I taught you a thing or two in return. A shame my spells didn't compliment your class better in certain situations but I certainly seemed to help a bit.

Certainly hope you enjoyed tribunals, well done on some fun voronil hunting. (To Voronil: Yeah, this is one of those that boasted about beating you, thats how tough you were). What did you think of the re-vamped tribunal? What'd you think of the Outlanders for all of the 1 week we've been fighting them? How did you feel you were playing out a Lorhan follower? See you next time!

Optomkiptum, Justiciar.

Dwynlir (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 10:35 AM

#24918, "RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I've been avoiding writing these replies because I wasn't really sure what I was going to say. I'm not much of a Tribunal player at all, I like going out and killing too much to do it. Tribunal is better than the last one I had in, though I feel that there's too much buddy buddy with Empire. I had problems with some of the Tribunal, as well as I liked alot of them. Agarah, you were great, keep on trucking. Optom, you were my best friend in Tribunal and helped me out alot. Yeah, I did seem a bit hung up on gear, but that was mainly because it was one of the best sets I've had. I didn't really care about losing it, but while I had it. *shrug* The biggest problem I had with the item you were talking about was that it seemed you went past what we had decided to do before I even had a chance to get it. That and it is against the rules to have anyone request for someone else, it was posted that way on the ask an immortal board after I happened to ask. It just slightly peeved me, and contrary to most belief, I got over it real quick. Odrirg, I had problems with you, problems I probably ever won't go into because it would be a huge rant. So... you'll just have to deal with knowing I had problems and go on. Jaegrudai, thanks for being there at the end, you were my oldest friend in game as I said... now... for the more organized set of replies.

Lorhan - Thanks for empowering me and roleplaying with me, though I sort of felt that you were getting stale on your IMM because you didn't seem to be on/etc, as much as you were.

Lyristeon - You're freaking cool man. I had so much fun when you were roleplaying with me, it's the high part of my life as Dwynlir. You really almost had me convinced to leave Tribunal and such because I felt it was a neet roleplay.

Velkurah or Drunsthol (who made me Prov) - Thanks for trying, but it just was too late to really help my character. I didn't see a point to staying because I couldn't give it my all. Still, I may be back sometime. Velkurah, I will say this, I think you favor your followers to much in and out of Tribunal. I'm not sure if they just grasp your religion really well or not, but some of your followers just seem to not be very smart in most points and I have to wonder why they are your followers and known that way. No biggie, I think your religion is neet and might end up playing it here sometime.

Well, this is the Sylvan/Nexus player signing out of Trib, feeling it's time to play something a bit odd again.

Past characters: Dacheal, Paschal, Puelvelol, Thalongrim, Vortalscon, Ralicazin, Iamaw, Elarion and probably others I'm missing. Have fun in the fields, I'll be back.

Lochzan (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 10:54 AM

#24919, "RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P"
In response to Reply #2

No love for the Paladins.

Yeah noticed you werent massicely thrilled to become a Provincial. Figured it was just something in your RP. We didnt spend all that much time hangin out together but it was fun when we did. Good luck on your next.

Dwynlir (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 10:59 AM

#24920, "RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, sorry man, I'm pretty much just replying to people as they post. You seemed to hit like a truck, which suprised me. I was like... wow... that has to hurt. The raid on Outlander was fun, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and I think you'll do well. A paladin empowered by your god kinda suprised me, but you continue working it. Good luck and all that, stick around longer than I did, I think you'll go far.

Jaegrudai (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 11:54 AM

#24922, "My comments."
In response to Reply #2

I definatly felt your interest wane towards the mid - end of your life. We actually were grouped together before we hit level 11, I think, and came up through the first 20 or so ranks side by side. I was really hoping you'd take maran over trib, and if you had I think you would have had a lot more fun.

Sorry for all the times you wanted to chat and do stuff when I was raiding/counter raiding or interviewing. I'm a very poor multi-tasker IRL and IC. I feel overwhelmed if I have more than two people talking to me while I'm trying to walk... nevermind if I'm fighting, listening to multiple people and the cb. Heh.

As to your comments on Velkurah, I have to jump to his defense. I've heard some random jibber jabberings akin to this, and let me tell you that following Velkurah has not been an easy thing. First off my role wasn't written precisely for Velkurah, but I adapted it rather well. Secondly the favor that was shown to me by Velkurah only included my tat, the rest was up to fortress Imms. While Odrirg and Jaegrudai don't see eye to eye on many things, I have to admit he's a very well played character. My problems/dislikes with him extend only IC, because OOC I'm rather impressed. Other than the two of us, I don't think you see many other Velkurah followers getting any special priveleges.

Anyways you showed some really good RP when we were together, and I wish you all the luck on your next.

Baendra (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 12:28 PM

#24923, "I remember you being quite pk orientated"
In response to Reply #2

The only specific memory I have though is me finishing off Voronil's pets (I was below his pk) just as you announced that he'd died to your rot (and not for the first time). Made me chuckle because I knew then that I'd just spent my time chasing them around for the last ten minutes for nothing.

Dwynlir (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 12:36 PM

#24924, "RE: I remember you being quite pk orientated"
In response to Reply #6

Voronil was about the only person I ever fought. No one else would fight me except Jinroh, who dueled me once and beat my arse from one side of Cophem(sp?) to the other.

Grurk (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 04:13 PM

#24928, "Well, Hmprf!"
In response to Reply #2

No love for me, huh? Heh, j/k.

Wether it was noticed or not, I liked you alot; we just never
interacted much, so you probably didn't know. You're gunna
be missed, really.

Grurk

Odrirg (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 04:23 PM

#24929, "Will miss you, believe it or not, No-beard."
In response to Reply #2

First off, I enjoyed what little interactions that we DID have. Unfortunately, I think the fact that you didn't have a beard led me to react to you in a few ways that might have set your feet down the road to having the problems with me in the future...the whole thing with first impressions and all.

> Odrirg, I had problems with you,
>problems I probably ever won't go into because it would be a
>huge rant. So... you'll just have to deal with knowing I had
>problems and go on.

I'm not surprised at this. You really noticably cooled to me shortly after I was inducted, and in the beginning I just chalked it up to your role and my role somewhat clashing.

I will refrain from using the word "hissy" as it doesn't describe how you reacted closely enough, but when you did see that piece of eq on me, it was quite obvious that you were seething with some sort of strong emotion that was barely held back. This took me totally by surprise. I hadn't known you had wanted this thing when it was given to me as a gift, or I wouldn't have accepted it. I tried to smooth things over with you by giving you the little trinket, but again I believe the personalities of Odrirg and Dwynlir got in the way of any real reconciliation there.

I got the distinct impression quite a while ago that, with my semi-fast ranking and my promotion in the spire, you were convinced that you could think of at least ONE other magistrate that deserved the promotions more than I.

All I can say is that I am sorry that your conviction in that matter seemed to sour our interractions.

As for your rant. Believe it or not I would love to see it.

IF I wasn't still around.

Maybe you can save it and post it when I kick the bucket.

LyristeonTue 24-Feb-04 07:55 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24936, "Glad you enjoyed the role play."
In response to Reply #2

I enjoy it when characters get into the spirit of the role play aspect of the game. It frustrates me when you open a chance for role play and the player does things to make it stop. Waking up during dreams, walking away in the middle of a conversation etc. When a player let's you know they appreciate it through a means like this, it makes the effort that we put in worth while. You have a fairly good string of characters there, and it's players like you that the Immortals want to have follow them. See you in the fields.

Dwynlir (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 10:28 PM

#24941, "RE: Glad you enjoyed the role play."
In response to Reply #10

No problem, I meant it. And, just because I forgot and remembered who the other one was, Tasfiel. Thats' about the list of my well known hero characters. Enjoy and all that stuff, great to know you are around and playing with people.

VelkurahTue 24-Feb-04 08:24 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24937, "RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 24-Feb-04 08:26 PM

Velkurah, I will say this, I think you favor your followers to much in and out of Tribunal. I'm not sure if they just grasp your religion really well or not, but some of your followers just seem to not be very smart in most points and I have to wonder why they are your followers and known that way. No biggie, I think your religion is neet and might end up playing it here sometime.

I'm sorry you think I favor my followers too much... seeing as I only have three, including one that doesn't show up often and is lower ranked, this isn't a very ambiguious statement. I would be curious to hear why you think that, perhaps you can email me the information. They've both more than fairly earned the few things they've received, and not all from me.

Velkurah or Drunsthol (who made me Prov) - Thanks for trying, but it just was too late to really help my character. I didn't see a point to staying because I couldn't give it my all. Still, I may be back sometime.

You're welcome. I look forward to seeing you back, hopefully you'll enjoy your next character more.

Velk

Dwynlir (Guest)Tue 24-Feb-04 10:17 PM

#24940, "RE: ACK! Grab his mark! :P"
In response to Reply #11

Apologies if I offended you, I have a tainted view and I suppose a even worse problem probably steming from the fact that my roleplay with my own god was not as good as I hoped it would be. As I said, I think you have a good religion, and maybe it is just that people understand it and truly deserve it. Apologies to all who I might have offended, really.

Dwynlir

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24901 Previous topic | Next topic