Subject: "End of the Road." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22822
Show all folders

Foslin (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 02:22 PM

#22822, "End of the Road."

This is the end of the road. I was waiting for some kind of inspiration to hit me between school and life and being very busy and it never came back. I would like to apologize to any applicants who were seeking Scion, I just could not do it after the "incident".

What incident you mean? There was a day when fighting villagers meant fighting them one on one, but it seems that day has passed. In addition, there was a day in CF when someone killed you and returned 95%/to all of your gear, and they tell you "I will honor what you did here if you ever fall to me." it meant something. Three ragers involved, two areas from the village giant, giant never attacked, and I am killed by three ragers, all of who I have killed multiple times and returned 100% of their stuff, and I get stripped clean. I ask each about our arrangement, one logs off as quickly as they can, taking with him a couple choice pieces of equipment. The second one just lies to me straight out despite what locate object tells me, and the third doesn't even say anything back. Kill them all a total of 7 times, each time returning equipment, and when it comes time to pay back, it is "internet" greed over a few bits of megabits that drives them.

I have been playing CF for almost 9 years now, with some various number of attempts to quit and I always sneak back, with a new idea or new concept. I was wondering if I was ever going to kick this "pass-time" because you can always come up with new ideas and keep on trucking. But somehow this incident "broke" my habit. Perhaps it was just plain player v. player respect, or the idea that it is a game and why not make it fun for the other person who you have shared this game with for almost a decade. But when it happened, I said to myself, "why do I put myself through this?", I deal with idiots and fools in real life, why do I want to go to a place where they are given licence to be even more disrespectful because of the anonymous basis of internet and the game itself? I always had the idea that you can play the game and stick to your RP without totally ruining the experience for those who you kill or interact with, something I began to expect from others, through a lot of good interactions, and that expectation was my mistake, and my final, endless downfall.

I did get on the very next day and sat in Kteng's lab and nightgaunted every single enemy I could get my hands on. Some people were innocent, others were the very people who took part in the three on one gang. Needless to say, after killing 6 or 7 people, and taking all of their equipment and locking it in Kteng's library, where there was 9 pages of equipment, some of the best there was. I was happy, and then realized I turned into exactly the person I hated, and that was it, I had to bolt from CF, and my desire disappeared, almost magically, heh.

Now, Foslin, the fat chick, the ugly, huge, devil and demon loving gluttonous whore of a woman. I never played female characters really, finding it stupid, but I wanted to try a character that dispelled the idea that every woman in a fantasy world was some perfectly armored, big breasted, hottie out of every nerd's fantasy. Foslin was, in all intensive purposes, the most disgusting thing you could see and the most unattractive, to any humanoid, one could possibly get. And strangely enough I enjoyed playing the part, I'm one sick bastard.

For some reason, leadership positions just find my characters and I always say I will not take another one, and some how, through some moment of weakness when asked to be leader, I agree, and I continually kick myself from that moment on. Leadership positions are thankless, endless jobs filled with an endless stream of idiots with only a few diamonds among the field of fools. Add on top of that the utter helplessness you have as an evil conjurer and the endless amount of time you must spend conjuring for that ever possible raid, and the utter reliance of aura/barrier/shield as an evil conjurer, and it made playing an utter chore.

I know many of you are already thinking this, but Foslin was not a deathful character in any shape or form. She had her moments where she would do cool things that sometimes even surprised myself, but most of the time, it was just a timesink that I could have spent somewhere else. I believe I spent half of my life sleeping to conjure, of the time awake, it was gathering preps or interviewing and retrieving. This was probably the least deathful character I had ever played. Oh well, on to the thanks.

Thanks to:
Immortals:
Beroxxus - Thanks for the interactions, especially the interactions with Worthless, my new favorite creature of CF. Our talks and attempts to rangle information out of this creature without exposing my side was awesome. The initial sheer wonderment who this imp is from, or is it some low level conjurer just screwing with me, or what? Great. Our personal interactions had chances of great development, unfortunately most of it happened after my incident, and my desire to do "research" and spend time and do other required things was not there. I did find protecting Mekantos from me and his uninduction left an ugly taste in my mouth. But its your cabal, granted why give leadership to someone if you are just going to tie their hands when it comes to an utterly disrespectful fool in Scion?

Arvam - To you I would like to apologize the biggest to. You gave me a great chance and great interaction. You tattooed me very early on in my life, perhaps it was because you thought I was good, I think it was because you were tired of dealing with the endless line of gnome and elf healers who followed you, and I was a breath of fresh air. I loved our interactions, especially the shows of the new things I discovered. Granted most of them you have seen, but I hope that last thing I showed you, where you actually seemed somewhat impressed, actually created a little bit of wonderment for you. An attempt to give back the years of intrigue and such given to me.

Rest of the Immortals: Thanks for the good times.

Scion:
Mekantos - Years, literally of being in Scion, from the day it started on, and somehow I am given the Chancellorship where I don't have power over everyone in the Chasm, go figure. The immortals kept me from dealing with you how someone evil would have, and that utterly disgusted me. We had to "get along", and all that came out of your mouth were endless disrespect, through actions and words, and my hands tied by Beroxxus. Apparently you seemed to think the Chasm is Beroxxus's religion, where you are utterly wrong and you seemed clueless to that point.

Jiro - I enjoyed our interactions immensely, added a great sideplot to everything going on. I had already gotten ingredients to perform the ritual we spoke of and seemed to have immortal backing for it so it would be cool for all involved (but possibly not exactly what you had in mind), but yet again Mekantos goes flying off the handle and does things like uninducting you without talking to me first. Apparently he thinks he is Chancellor, and the immortals were cool with that, oh well, good luck.

Etarekoth - I fought you as Exousia, my attempt at an evil anti-paladin, charge hording whore. The time I teleported right to you in the past while in Kazadum was priceless. I thought you were just some chump, but instead, you turned out to be a nasty dark elf assassin, one of the few people I could actually rely on to do your job, and do it right. I always try to enhance other people's roleplay when they are doing their job right, and pushed for you to be titled something interesting. Sorry I could not get it for you, good luck as well.

Vanar - Invoker support, a priceless thing. Intelligent invoker support is like a diamond in a bucket of glass. Thanks for that, very enjoyable. I believe you played Jafel right? Well, Hifflio says hi, heh.

Zaknafir - The oldest invoker in Scion, and you played it to the last end. A rarity in team evil (tm). Same goes for you about invokers that I said for Vanar.

Kwalin - Also a good invoker. At one point there were four invokers in Scion all hero level and had at least 5 shields each. A beautiful thing. thanks for being part of that.

Other Scions and Applicants: I was walking the line of trying to get back in the character and playing and just deleting outright. After posts started showing up on Dio's about "where's Foslin", I knew it was time to move on.

Villagers: Battle
My home away from home, the place I started CF, and funny enough, my first successful character makes it on the pillar, and to this day I could never make it back to it.

I always thought villagers had a bad wrap, always getting the short end of the stick when it came to situations like honor, etc. I can honestly say that if I saw with Gre all the things I saw with Foslin, the village would be virtually empty, uninducting most for being cowards. I had respect for certain ones, Slathigern and Zhelrantix, raiding alone against just me as a defender, good fights. But then lost it when I found Slathigern in underdark and instead of fighting me, tells me, "leave me alone right now, peace." I think I threw up at my desk and then killed him. As for Zhelrantix, all respect for you was lost, and you know why. Never again should I return perfect sets of gear to you thinking you would pay me back, gotta love internet greed eh?

The endless four on one gangs. Thief scout villagers slinking around with Fortress raiders of the Chasm while a duoed transmuter spells them all up outside then duos so you "can't see him" therefore he is not there. The immortals gave you "Discern" for a reason, but, of course, just happened to not discern them! Or even better, villagers getting summoned out of "tough spots" by Maran paladins and other summoners just so they don't lose their shinies. Or the best is grouping with a warrior who is an applicant for Nexus, only when Nexus goes out, he "gives up magic" magically after being a pill and potion popping whore and applies to the village, AND GETS IN! For the first time ever, I have nothing nice to say about villagers. Back in the day you could count on having a one on one fight with a villager, now, you can count that you will fight at least three.

Now, what is different about this attempt to quit? Since I know the posts will come, "You'll be back". The difference is for the first time ever in my CF career, it was a chore to come and write a goodbye note. I look at my ever present shortcut to "wintin 95.exe" and don't ever want to see the face of Tintin again. The only reason I came and wrote this was because I don't want other players to get screwed because I'm not going to auto delete for another two weeks. They deserve to have fun, even if I'm not.

Marans:
I apparently missed the day when evil was classified into "really bad evil" and "not so bad evil". Marans making deals with evil villagers while they all raid the Chasm through me for a loop. The things I would hear over clairaudience and see over clairavoyance just made me sick.

What I found most irritating was the perpetual village/sylvan/maran alliance. Where Sylvans would sit outside of the Maran, and villagers would slink around on the northern roads waiting for Chasm people to come retrieve. Or the best is the village giving the Sceptre to the Fortress mages to DEFEND FOR THEM! I was boggled, utterly boggled by this. I was about in the village when Thror tore through villager after villager for taking the item and giving it to another cabal to defend. The village is about pride of work, why would they give up their work to someone else? ANd of ALL PLACES, to a Fortress full of awake mages. Not giving it to the lone paladin, but to a Fortress with an invoker and a transmuter standing in the CABAL.

P.S. Post if you want a response. Just don't have the time or inclination to go through every one.

Signed,

Joe

aka, Hvitlok (first entropy lich), Hifflio, Genofen, Lillitao, Icenyhn, Pilquo, Pumnick, Exousia, Gre, Glaus, Pyrthious, Uilin (first poison thief in the village), Mavail (props go out to Abertyne), and a hundred other characters I can't think of now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: End of the Road., Sardinthal (Guest), 19-Dec-03 03:05 AM, #44
Reply RE: End of the Road., Nivek1, 17-Dec-03 09:46 PM, #29
Reply RE: End of the Road., Vidar (Guest), 17-Dec-03 11:03 PM, #30
Reply It's cool dude., Jiro (Guest), 17-Dec-03 08:13 PM, #22
Reply I sense a connection of some sort, Curious (Guest), 18-Dec-03 11:40 AM, #24
Reply Nope., Jiro (Guest), 17-Dec-03 09:14 PM, #26
Reply Couple things:, Valguarnera, 18-Dec-03 11:49 AM, #35
     Reply well, it could have been this, Daurwyn (Guest), 18-Dec-03 12:06 PM, #36
     Reply RE: Couple things:, Jiro (Guest), 18-Dec-03 02:05 PM, #38
          Reply I dunno..., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 18-Dec-03 02:41 PM, #41
               Reply This is the one he is referring to. -nt-, Mek (Guest), 18-Dec-03 02:54 PM, #42
Reply Balance is probably the number one compliment to hour p..., Theerkla, 17-Dec-03 09:30 PM, #28
Reply Balance + Hour is just a very very nice combo n/t, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 18-Dec-03 10:07 AM, #33
Reply RE: Gear and dying, Mek (Guest), 17-Dec-03 09:21 PM, #27
     Reply Hehehe, Jiro (Guest), 17-Dec-03 10:25 PM, #40
          Reply RE: Hehehe, Uhms Student (Guest), 17-Dec-03 11:17 PM, #31
          Reply RE: Hehehe, Mek (Guest), 18-Dec-03 12:11 AM, #32
               Reply My johnson is bigger. Yes IT IS!, Jiro (Guest), 18-Dec-03 01:16 AM, #34
               Reply Not for nothing., Boldereth, 18-Dec-03 12:41 PM, #37
               Reply Uhh... apparently being a vet doesn't mean much, Jiro (Guest), 18-Dec-03 09:11 PM, #43
                    Reply RE: Uhh... apparently being a vet doesn't mean much, Boldereth, 19-Dec-03 08:13 PM, #45
               Reply Oh man., Observer (Guest), 18-Dec-03 06:04 AM, #39
               Reply RE: Hehehe, Tylandrin (Guest), 20-Dec-03 03:04 AM, #46
Reply RE: End of the Road., Etarekoth (Guest), 17-Dec-03 06:34 PM, #19
Reply RE: End of the Road., Beroxxus, 17-Dec-03 05:49 PM, #18
Reply Briefly:, Valguarnera, 17-Dec-03 07:58 PM, #21
Reply RE: End of the Road., Khallistra (Guest), 17-Dec-03 08:55 PM, #25
Reply RE: End of the Road., Zharradam (Guest), 17-Dec-03 05:42 PM, #17
Reply RE: End of the Road., Hutto, 17-Dec-03 04:25 PM, #15
Reply still I cannnnnnn't let go n/t, Cathoir, 17-Dec-03 03:13 PM, #14
Reply RE: End of the Road., Mekantos, 17-Dec-03 01:52 PM, #12
Reply Re: To discuss more, Mekantos, 17-Dec-03 07:14 PM, #20
Reply Ugh..., Kwalin (Guest), 17-Dec-03 01:37 PM, #11
Reply The Village, Kackrik (Guest), 17-Dec-03 01:21 PM, #10
Reply RE: End of the Road., Baielko (Guest), 17-Dec-03 01:10 PM, #9
Reply Good luck, Terwin- (Guest), 17-Dec-03 11:05 AM, #5
Reply Verell was the name of the other Entropy invoker, Foslin (Guest), 17-Dec-03 12:41 PM, #7
Reply Reading this makes me glad I don't take cf as seriously..., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 17-Dec-03 08:53 AM, #4
Reply I don't take CF seriously, Foslin (Guest), 17-Dec-03 12:46 PM, #8
     Reply I will say, however, that Hvitlock was the shiznit., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 17-Dec-03 08:32 PM, #23
Reply I'm not sure the village has changed so much, DAurwyn (Guest), 17-Dec-03 07:48 AM, #3
Reply Who are you?, Foslin (Guest), 17-Dec-03 12:40 PM, #6
     Reply I was Sossaphrin, Daurwyn (Guest), 17-Dec-03 02:14 PM, #13
          Reply You are seriously confusing me with someone else n/t, Foslin (Guest), 17-Dec-03 05:08 PM, #16
Reply RE: End of the Road., Khasotholas, 17-Dec-03 07:42 AM, #2
Reply RE: End of the Road., Jafel, 17-Dec-03 06:21 AM, #1

Sardinthal (Guest)Fri 19-Dec-03 03:05 AM

#22922, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

I actually liked Foslin. I thought she was a decent character from the little interaction I had with you. One one my most favorite times was when you had the whole Scion clan after me and you ended up getting me with a gaunt in Arial City. Now, if the gangs your speaking of are in Raid situations, I have to say tough ####. Thats what a raid is, but if this happened during "normal" circumstances of battle then that does suck. Either way, I am pretty sure all our fights were fair on my side at least. I have to give you props for playing a Scion, always logging on without the Sceptre and all. Anyway, as far as the Village goes, I think you may be blowing things out of proportion on the sheer fact that if any Imms had seen what you speak of, uninductions would have happened. Of course, I am not saying that some of these things didn't occur. Just that it wasn't an everytime occurance as you are stating. Anyway, I thought you had a good character and it sucks that you had to get fed up to leave.

Nivek1Wed 17-Dec-03 09:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22874, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

Something I bet you won't even remember, but I'll bring it up anyway. So here is me playing my second character ever, and elf thief. I'm using telnet off of my 155 MHz mac, no aliases, no hotkeys, nothing. I was the greenest of the green.

Well, two other folks and I were killing the Lord of the Manor. We get pretty beat up but manage to kill him and just as we finish, who logs into Thera at that precise location but Hvitlok the level 39 or so necromancer.

I'm like HOLY ####!! My shaking hands barely manage to type out "bl hvitlok" and what do you know, it lands. Long story short.... we kill you and take all your gear. I'm not sure I even got the killing blow, but that was my first winning PK experience ever on this game.

Then you and another necromancer, Vidar or something, multi-kill me into oblivion. I delete and swear off the game for a good 10 months, I was so angry. Luckily, I came back, learned a lot and can now proudly claim mediocrity. No point to the story, just wondering if you remember.

Come back and play some more.

Nivek

Vidar (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 11:03 PM

#22879, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #29

> Then you and another necromancer, Vidar or something, multi-kill me into oblivion. I delete and swear off the game for a good 10 months, I was so angry. Luckily, I came back, learned a lot and can now proudly claim mediocrity. No point to the story, just wondering if you remember.

I multi-killed you? You must have caught me on a bad day.. actually now that I think about it, I used to multi-kill a lot back then. What was your thieves name?

Zharradam

Jiro (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 08:13 PM

#22865, "It's cool dude."
In response to Reply #0

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel that way. If I were you though I'd probably have logged right back on and gaunted those ####s to kingdom come and ganged/multikilled them repeatedly. Dying sucks, but revenge makes it all worth it. I hope you do change your mind one day and decide to come back to CF. It's a great game, don't let a few assholes ruin it for you.

And as far as Mekantos booting me, that wasn't really his fault. I'll leave it at that.
My only regret about that incident was me losing my set right before I got uninducted, since I had been planning on killing him for over a week. (Yeah, that's pretty much how long I've been contemplating getting out of Scion before I did. Blame Squaresoft for making great games. )

And Mekantos, if you're reading this, I only stayed 2 extra days after getting uninducted cause I didn't manage to kill you that very day. And I posted those logs for your benefit so you could see what I meant when I said 'not everyone fights like you'. Was contemplating on staying a few more days so I could get you and sac every piece of the gear you were so careful to not lose, but decided against it.. I'm regretting it now. Why'd you have to go off and imm?

I was planning on easing back into playing Jiro, but you went off and deleted and left me hanging. My two biggest reasons for playing Jiro no longer exist, maybe I'll just start playing him again after Christmas. All the cool people I hung out with are dying left and right.

I really do hope you come back someday. There are assholes in the world, can't let them faze you. They screw you, screw em right back. No eye for an eye BS, if they took your eye blow their heads off (not literally of course). It'll make you feel much better, and make them think twice about ####ing with you the next time.

Curious (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 08:39 PM

#22868, "I sense a connection of some sort"
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Thu 18-Dec-03 11:40 AM

Speculation on who plays who removed.

Jiro (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 09:14 PM

#22870, "Nope."
In response to Reply #24

I was just nice to have around. If you were a scion mage you'd have loved me too.
Sad thing is I geared my character to be most effective with AP/Necros. If Mekantos was a little more aggressive we could have been one of the deadliest 2 man pk groups around. Or if Sossaphrin had heroed... well, bygones are bygones.

ValguarneraThu 18-Dec-03 11:49 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22899, "Couple things:"
In response to Reply #26

1) Don't use our forums to perpetuate "I'm better than you!" flamewars.

2) Regarding: If Mekantos was a little more aggressive we could have been one of the deadliest 2 man pk groups around.

I suppose that would have been true, given that Mekantos was one of the more deadly people by himself when he was on, despite relatively few allies, etc. As for not being aggressive, he killed an awful lot more people than you did, even after correcting for the fact that he had more hours. I don't think your accusations of weenie-ness have any basis in reality.

The discrepancy in results is to be expected, given that you claim to be relatively new here, and Mekantos is not. However, it's generally prudent not to throw around flames, and doubly so if you are pulling them from your hindquarters.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Daurwyn (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 12:06 PM

#22900, "well, it could have been this"
In response to Reply #35

I don't know if Mekantos is like me, but if so, he likes to take pride in his kills, and that's not easy when someone else choked/stunned the victim for you. Hence he might have been willing to do it now and then, but didn't want to make a habit of it, because then he'd not have been able to take as much satisfaction in what he did achieve.

As far as the eyes of flame things goes, the solution to me would be for others to try to break out, then link with Mekantos, and for all to go back in together, if he was to be involved at all.

Jiro (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 02:05 PM

#22906, "RE: Couple things:"
In response to Reply #35

Yes I know he got kills. You don't get lightning control without getting kills. But the Mekantos I saw pretty much didn't pk unless he could help it. Say what you want but that first post was pretty much how most of our conversations went. I never saw him engage anyone, not once. Like I said, we actually slept a group of two marans then he just up and left them cause of some tribbie that wasn't even there. He tried his unholy best to not put himself in any danger if at all possible. That's a weeny in my book.

And frankly if you're in a cabal you should take part in raid/defense, it's just not cool to be hiding outside while the rest of your cabal is defending.
Telling the other guys to go go make a 'distraction' for him so he could safely enter? Gimme a break.
He's scared to even try to flee past him he wants other guys to go and attack them so he can run in? He made a token 5 second appearance throughout that entire raid and didn't show himself again.
I was amazed when Foslin didn't boot him after that. Now I know why.

Whatever other side Mekantos has that has impressed you, that's the side he's shown me. That's the side he's shown Foslin, Kwalin, Zaknafir from the looks of it. Since that is the only side he chose to show me, can you blame me for what I think of him?

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 02:41 PM

#22908, "I dunno..."
In response to Reply #38

This is an excerpt from one raid against the chasm where we had Mekantos trapped outside. He tried several times to break through, but wasn't able to. Seems like that most of the time he at least gave it the old college try.
-------------------------------

(PK) Zaknafir The Shroud of the Unspoken
Vexoffesz At the Base of the Stairs
(PK) Belrhin At the Base of the Stairs
(PK) Tcatama At the Base of the Stairs
(PK) Foslin The Shroud of the Unspoken

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 12:00 | 27100tnl>
Guddomelig yells 'Die, Mekantos, you butchering fool!'

Guddomelig yells 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Nightwalker!'

Foslin scans north.

Jiro tells the group 'really need to do something about that blasted healer.'

Jiro scans north.

Mekantos yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Tcatama!'
Tcatama yells 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Nightwalker!'
The Dark Healer closes its eyes for a moment and nods at a monstrous mors-gravis demon.

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 12:00 | 27100tnl> esay 'in a calm voice' Just need to target the bard.. arnd he cant do that..
You say in a calm voice 'Just need to target the bard.. arnd he cant do that..'
Foslin scans north.

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 12:00 | 27100tnl> where
People near you:
(PK) Elstratuviel Above the Chasm
(PK) Jiro The Shroud of the Unspoken
Vexoffesz A Somber Chamber
(PK) Belrhin Above the Chasm
(PK) Tcatama Above the Chasm

Jiro leaves north.

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 12:00 | 27100tnl> gr
Mekantos's group:
<51 War> Jiro 100% hp 33% mana 95% mv 518037 xp
<51 A-P> Mekantos 74% hp 74% mana 85% mv 607041 xp
<51 Inv> Zaknafir 88% hp 81% mana 71% mv 586900 xp

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 12:00 | 27100tnl> gr
Mekantos's group:
<51 War> Jiro 100% hp 33% mana 94% mv 518037 xp
<51 A-P> Mekantos 74% hp 74% mana 85% mv 607041 xp
<51 Inv> Zaknafir 88% hp 81% mana 71% mv 586900 xp

People near you:
(PK) Jiro Above the Chasm
Vexoffesz Above the Chasm

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 12:00 | 27100tnl> Mekantos tells the group 'Make a diversion'

Jiro has arrived.

People near you:

The Dark Healer closes its eyes for a moment and nods at a monstrous mors-gravis demon.

Mekantos tells the group 'I can't get past the bastards.'

People near you:

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 13:00 | 27100tnl>
The Dark Healer closes its eyes for a moment and nods at you.
The Dark Healer stretches out its hand and places it upon your head.
You feel righteous.

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 13:00 | 27100tnl> where
People near you:

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 13:00 | 27100tnl> who pk

Mekantos yells 'Help! Tcatama is trying to impale me!'

<1339/1506hp 1009/1245m 543mv |indoor| 13:00 | 27100tnl> <51 Elf Bar> (PK) Elstratuviel the Grand Mistress of Artistry
<51 H-Elf Hea> (PK) Guddomelig the Protector of Faith, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
<51 Elf Hea> (PK) Ariaera the Protector of Faith, Herald of Talia
<51 Arial War> (PK) Jiro the Weaponsmaster
<51 Arial A-P> (PK) Mekantos the Dark Knight of the Ill Omen, Advisor of the Chancellor
*51 D-Elf Inv* (PK) Zaknafir Iz'matun the Weaver of the Elements, Servant of the Ill Omen
<51 H-Elf Shf> (PK) Kheldahl the Grand Master of Changelings
<51 D-Elf Inv> (PK) Kelrizza the Weaver of the Elements, Provincial Magistrate
<51 Elf Pal> (PK) Lariya the Holy Ironhearted Knight, Marshall of the Fortress
<47 Arial Bar> (PK) Entorial the Master Historian
<51 Felar War> (PK) Ashlidry the Weaponsmistress, Magistrate of Galadon
<51 Human Tra> (PK) Belrhin the High Wizard of the Arcane
<51 Felar War> (PK) Tcatama the Weaponsmaster
<51 Cloud War> (PK) Zhelrantix the Weaponsmaster, Captain of Battle
<51 Human Con> (PK) Foslin Gultomiyr the Priestess of Eternal Indulgence, Chancellor of Eternal Night

Players found: 15
A monstrous mors-gravis demon checks the ground for tracks.
A monstrous mors-gravis demon checks the ground for tracks.
You are hungry.
Your shield of frost dissipates.
Your shield of fire dissipates.
Your shield of ooze dissipates.
Your shield of earth dissipates.
Your shield of water dissipates.
Foslin continues to bleed from her wounds.
Foslin's leaking blood pools upon the ground.
Foslin's bleeding mauls her.

Mek (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 02:54 PM

#22909, "This is the one he is referring to. -nt-"
In response to Reply #41

nt

TheerklaWed 17-Dec-03 09:30 PM
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22872, "Balance is probably the number one compliment to hour p..."
In response to Reply #24

So to that regard, I don't think I'd call it an unusual combination. Personally, I can recall two or three other warriors who've done it also.

Evil Genius (inactive user)Thu 18-Dec-03 10:07 AM
Charter member
#22896, "Balance + Hour is just a very very nice combo n/t"
In response to Reply #24

>Fauaqi went "Balance of the Sisters" and "Hour Past
>Midnight", an unusual combination. Jiro went it too. Seeing
>as Foslin was the player behind Fauaqi, was there some sort of
>advice given? Jiro and Foslin both in Scion at the same
>time.. Foslin getting pissed when you get booted. I smell a
>connection, not that there is anything wrong with that at
>all.. just curious is all. Don't think that I am accusing you
>of anything.

Mek (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 09:21 PM

#22871, "RE: Gear and dying"
In response to Reply #22

Was contemplating on staying a few more days so I could get you and sac every piece of the gear you were so careful to not lose, but decided against it.. I'm regretting it now.

Really, what are you talking about? I died 29 pk deaths as a mortal.
TWENTY-NINE! Do you think that if I was so obsessed with gear, I would
have come back from that many deaths? And, typically, I don't die a lot.

About you preparing to backstab me...well, I was going to kill you first.

Jiro (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 02:22 PM

#22876, "Hehehe"
In response to Reply #27

Well damn then, why the hell wouldn't you say yes to going out and pking with me?
I must have asked you like 7~10 times throughout the time I was in Scion.

Jiro: Mek, you wanna go kill Marans?
Mek: Got #### to do, later.

Jiro: Mek, you wanna go kill Ragers?
Mek: Too many of them, dangerous, later.

Jiro: Mek, you wanna go kill anybody?
Mek: Want to get armor, speaking of which, you, come with me. NOW. I could use a tank.
(Remember those spiked leggings? That's when I decided I wanted to kill your ass. Kelrizza/You/Me could have spent some quality time wiping out the Maran/Rager PK range but you would rather get some leggings. WTF man? )

Jiro: Mek... dude, we just slept both of them, why the hell are we leaving?
Mek: We got reasons dude.
(#### reasons, if we got 2 guys slept and we can pretty much guarantee both of them dead I don't like leaving for any reason. All we had to do was move fast and get em to a cell or something, if a tribby shows up, hell, kill him too. Wouldn't have been that hard.)

Jiro: Mek, we bein raided dude, would be nice to have you here.
Mek: They got eyes man! They got eyes! They're gonna rape me!

And you wonder why I wanted to kill your ass?

And I would have whooped you in almost any 1v1 matchup with a semi decent set. You can't seal a kill on me, I can easily seal one on you. Dream on.

Uhms Student (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 11:17 PM

#22880, "RE: Hehehe"
In response to Reply #40

Maybe Mekantos didn't want to PK with you for some reason? Didn't you get that through your head? If I asked a guy to come PK'ing with me (which I would never do by the way) and he denied it, I'd not bother him again with the same request. Learn to PK solo, you'll be a better player for it.

Mek (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 12:11 AM

#22881, "RE: Hehehe"
In response to Reply #40

>Well damn then, why the hell wouldn't you say yes to going
>out and pking with me?
>I must have asked you like 7~10 times throughout the time I
>was in Scion.

The two times I can remember involve you not coordinating with the
group, going out ahead of the rest of us, and dying to our enemies.
The second time was a big factor in you getting the boot. Also, if you
had stuck with us, we would have all lived, and they would have most
likely all died. Go figure.

>Jiro: Mek, you wanna go kill Marans?
>Mek: Got #### to do, later.
>
>Jiro: Mek, you wanna go kill Ragers?
>Mek: Too many of them, dangerous, later.

Killed a fair share of both.

>Jiro: Mek, you wanna go kill anybody?
>Mek: Want to get armor, speaking of which, you, come with me.
>NOW. I could use a tank.
> Remember those spiked leggings? That's when I decided I
>wanted to kill your ass. Kelrizza/You/Me could have spent some
>quality time wiping out the Maran/Rager PK range but you would
>rather get some leggings. WTF man? )

That particular instance was because of this: I had just died and lost
everything. I had been regearing earlier when, lo and behold, the
ArchBishop of Fire dispels *and* fire blasts me in the same round,
destroying everything, including the leggings that I had just worked
to get. So...yeah, I wanted them back. And if you didn't notice, I
was near naked...and I don't typically desire to go out in a group,
not being able to hold my own, to kill some poor sucker and take all
of his clothes.

>Jiro: Mek... dude, we just slept both of them, why the hell
>are we leaving?
>Mek: We got reasons dude.
> #### reasons, if we got 2 guys slept and we can pretty much
>guarantee both of them dead I don't like leaving for any
>reason. All we had to do was move fast and get em to a cell or
>something, if a tribby shows up, hell, kill him too. Wouldn't
>have been that hard.)

I don't even remember this, but Mek had an alliance with some powerful
tribunals, and I wouldn't attack in town unless I was absolutely sure
I could get away with it.

>Jiro: Mek, we bein raided dude, would be nice to have you
>here.
>Mek: They got eyes man! They got eyes! They're gonna rape me!
>
>And you wonder why I wanted to kill your ass?

Six Maran waiting at the outer guardian, all with eyes of flame on,
waiting for me to come, is about the stupidest set of odds that any
self-respecting AP could ever come against. I'd say that ragers would
be worse, but the Maran had two transmuters with them. Did you really
expect me to die like a complete jackass?

>And I would have whooped you in almost any 1v1 matchup with a
>semi decent set. You can't seal a kill on me, I can easily
>seal one on you. Dream on.

Hm. Well I don't want to turn this into a "My Johnson is Bigger" match.
I just wanted to dispel some of your illusions (and yes, your last
statement is one of them )

Mek

Jiro (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 11:34 AM

#22883, "My johnson is bigger. Yes IT IS!"
In response to Reply #32

>The two times I can remember involve you not coordinating with the
>group, going out ahead of the rest of us, and dying to our enemies.
>The second time was a big factor in you getting the boot. Also, if you
>had stuck with us, we would have all lived, and they would have most
>likely all died. Go figure.

First time, you weren't going to come, lets face it, was just you and me, and 3 Marans, I wanted to defend you didn't. I went by myself, I died. That's all there is to it.

Second time, I gambled and lost. At this point I wasn't counting on you for jack, knew what you were trying to do, also knew chances of you getting off that summon, then getting off another successful sleep through healer saves before he woke up from the choke were near nil.

He would have woken up before I got to where you were even if you did manage to summon him, If you had been in Hamsah like you said you would have been to extend his knockout yeah, but 2 tick choke isn't going to last you long enough when you show up in Hamsah 1 tick after I choke him.

I called you to come and cast sleep on him again, you didn't listen. I had a few options, I was enlarged/stoneskinned/protected, was reasonably confident in my defenses. I knew the healer would wake up soon, saw 2 marans coming seperately.
I gambled that I could knock one out before the other arrived, and knock out the last one in relative safety, Tcatama always starts with an impale, I was going to stun him just as he impaled, and Gorthalon would have likely started with a bash, and enlarged I believed I stood a decent chance of stunning him 2 rounds after he started on me. and hopefully choke Guddomelig again when he woke up.

I gambled, and I lost, doesn't mean if the same situation occurs again I wouldn't do the exact same thing. Yes it's risky but it was a worthwhile gamble since if I had them all asleep again every single one of em was dead. Hell, probably would have worked if I wasn't lagging so much. I saw like the first three rounds with Gorthalon fly by on my screen, that killed me.

>Killed a fair share of both.

I know you have, you have the controls to prove it, but problem is I've never seen it. And dude, nothing would have made me happier if I could have seen it, cause we'd have been a goddamn dream team.

>I don't typically desire to go out in a group,
>not being able to hold my own, to kill some poor sucker and take all
>of his clothes.

Why not? You're evil, it's the fastest way to regear. And their deaths would have been all but guaranteed.

>Six Maran waiting at the outer guardian, all with eyes of flame on,
>waiting for me to come, is about the stupidest set of odds that any
>self-respecting AP could ever come against. I'd say that ragers would
>be worse, but the Maran had two transmuters with them. Did you really
>expect me to die like a complete jackass?

Foslin ran in through that gauntlet. Kwalin did, I did. Why couldn't you? We all did. And most of them were busy trying to kill us. I doubt they'd even have noticed until you passed right by them.

>I just wanted to dispel some of your illusions (and yes, your last
>statement is one of them )

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a vet to CF, but I was one of the better players in the last mud I was at. I can think on my feet and I don't panic in pk. And being in a cabal in itself is a weakness since it gives you some measure of predictability. (Guess who killed the only rager online that was keeping you from retrieving. )
If I had seen you online maybe 5~6 hours later when I had a few more preps under my belt you'd have died Kelrizza landing 3 pillars or not. And yes, I so would have whooped you with a semi decent set. I almost did with a crap set with a 30 damroll.

BolderethThu 18-Dec-03 12:41 PM
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22903, "Not for nothing."
In response to Reply #34

You may have been good on the other mud you were at, but CF is a new ballpark. Here you're less than mediocre. Its fine and well to think you're great but judging from watching you in game a lot, if you had half the kills most decent fighters in this game land, I'd be highly surprised.

I've also fought Mekantos, on numerous occassions, and his skill as a player far outweighed most of the AP's I've faced, easily the best I've fought since probably Tikar. In tactics, his choices from what I saw were sound.

This sort of arrogance you have is unhealthy unless you can back it. Its going to just make you look idiotic and immature, which is primarily what it has done.

Jiro (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 09:11 PM

#22920, "Uhh... apparently being a vet doesn't mean much"
In response to Reply #37

...If you can't see why the dices are loaded in my favor in a matchup between an arial a-p and a warrior with my spec/legacies.

I never said I was better than him as a player, any player that'll play an arial AP starts high in my respect book. He was here a while, and I could tell, he played an arial AP and was more successful than most duergar/fire ones.

Ya'll place way too much stock in the whole vet business. You've been here a while so naturally you can kick the #### out of any newbie regardless of class/race matchups right?

3 words. Air/Offense shifters.

BolderethFri 19-Dec-03 08:13 PM
197 posts
#22944, "RE: Uhh... apparently being a vet doesn't mean much"
In response to Reply #43

Air offense shifters don't bother me much actually. Whatever though.

Observer (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 02:21 PM

#22892, "Oh man."
In response to Reply #34

>>Six Maran waiting at the outer guardian, all with eyes of
>flame on,
>>waiting for me to come, is about the stupidest set of odds
>that any
>>self-respecting AP could ever come against. I'd say that
>ragers would
>>be worse, but the Maran had two transmuters with them. Did
>you really
>>expect me to die like a complete jackass?
>
>Foslin ran in through that gauntlet. Kwalin did, I did. Why
>couldn't you? We all did. And most of them were busy trying to
>kill us. I doubt they'd even have noticed until you passed
>right by them.
>

Man, that comment right there was frustrating to read, and I'm not even Mekantos.

Listen:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Zero.

Zip.

This conversation is way over your head.

Go away, learn some; when you stop talking smack you'll know you're there.

Tylandrin (Guest)Sat 20-Dec-03 03:04 AM

#22950, "RE: Hehehe"
In response to Reply #32

I havn't been about in a while...with my time with other things. But I do remember a time when I was teleporting about and warned you of others hunting you...and getting promptly ganged by you and two others. Nothing returned...nothing spoken. And I had a decent set. From then on I personally seldom saw you without another at your side. Just my two cents.

Etarekoth (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 06:34 PM

#22857, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

> Etarekoth - I fought you as Exousia, my attempt at an evil anti-
> paladin, charge hording whore. The time I teleported right to you
> in the past while in Kazadum was priceless. I thought you were
> just some chump, but instead, you turned out to be a nasty dark
> elf assassin, one of the few people I could actually rely on to do
> your job, and do it right. I always try to enhance other people's
> roleplay when they are doing their job right, and pushed for you
> to be titled something interesting. Sorry I could not get it for
> you, good luck as well.

Hehe, since that event with Exousia, I've taken up the habit of generally sleeping hidden one or two rooms away from my group. I have to admit, that really did take me by surprise. I have to say that I thought Foslin was a great char, loved your rp man. Remember ranking in Kiadana with Vanar, and Zashiere summoning them in? That was crazy, we were killing elite storms in like 4-6 rounds. It was humorous the way things worked out, your wrote me a rec without me asking for it, then you got Chancellor. Cheers for the no-#### induction, theres nothing I hate more than having to jump through hoops when you've already made your bones, so to speak. Well, I guess when it's no longer fun you have to let it go, or try something different.

Best of luck,
Etarekoth.

BeroxxusWed 17-Dec-03 05:49 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
180 posts
#22854, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

****Beroxxus - Thanks for the interactions, especially the interactions with Worthless, my new favorite creature of CF. Our talks and attempts to rangle information out of this creature without exposing my side was awesome. The initial sheer wonderment who this imp is from, or is it some low level conjurer just screwing with me, or what? Great. Our personal interactions had chances of great development, unfortunately most of it happened after my incident, and my desire to do "research" and spend time and do other required things was not there. I did find protecting Mekantos from me and his uninduction left an ugly taste in my mouth. But its your cabal, granted why give leadership to someone if you are just going to tie their hands when it comes to an utterly disrespectful fool in Scion?**

Well, I liked Foslin. I thought you handle things well and I wished to have completed several things I had planned out, including the research and the spell ritual we had discussed. I'm glad you enjoyed interacting with Worthless. I think I named him during one of our interactions and just kind of let it roll from there. Foslin was certainly a change in character types from the "standard" fantasy chick. It was fun watching it and I am sorry things went sour for you on a few things.

Second, I wasn't protecting Mekantos the Dark Knight, however I was protecting the Advisor. Why you ask? The only people who should be booting a Scion leader is me or Valg, no one else. As someone who snooped Mekantos the entire time, I knew what he was about, I knew what he did and it did not warrant the loss of leadership or being booted. Mekantos filled the Advisor position exactly like he should have and believe me, it is far different than what most people believe it should be.

As far as the first person Mekantos booted, I asked him too. Why, because the player had not been showing up and then all of sudden started showing back up when an Advisor and Chancellor was shown and Scions started rolling into a little power of their own. I would have booted her myself, but I decided I would let Mekantos do it. Had I seen you on, I instead would have asked you to do the same.

Had Mekantos booted you he would have been on my bad end, so trust me, it went both ways. I keep my religion and the Scion cabal seperate. Beroxxus is by no means a nice guy and Mekantos has experianced that. I hope that helps explain a few things and if a few things are still unclear, feel free to shoot me an email. I can and will go into better detail if you like. Any way, good luck on whatever endevour you seek.

Beroxxus

ValguarneraWed 17-Dec-03 07:58 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22864, "Briefly:"
In response to Reply #18

Mekantos filled the Advisor position exactly like he should have and believe me, it is far different than what most people believe it should be.

This is accurate. Advisor is definitely quite different from "Vice-Chancellor", and it's something I emphasized to Mekantos when he was interviewed about it. If anything, given the duties of the Advisor, I would have been more OK with him uninducting Foslin than vice versa. Past Advisors probably understand why this is true.

In any event, I thought Foslin was an excellent, well-rounded (ha!) character. I thought Foslin spent a lot of time worrying about other people following their roles at times, but when Foslin did her thing it was always done well.

To Foslin: In the future, if you plan to retire a leadership character, it's better to do it immediately than to pause and go idle for two weeks. You had a consistent presence for a while, then an abrupt absence that left some applicants hanging. Still, I understand that those decisions aren't always easy.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Khallistra (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 08:55 PM

#22869, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #18

** As far as the first person Mekantos booted, I asked him too. Why, because the player had not been showing up and then all of sudden started showing back up when an Advisor and Chancellor was shown and Scions started rolling into a little power of their own. I would have booted her myself, but I decided I would let Mekantos do it. Had I seen you on, I instead would have asked you to do the same. **

Well, since I'm being brought up in this, I would like to defend my name. I honestly wish one of you would have handled this (Ber or Valg), as I had even sent you both a note telling you I'd be not active for about a month. It just happened that when I was done with my wedding, is when you both decided it was that. And I'd point out I was extremely active when it was just two people in scion. What upset me the most was being asked to be active by one leader then putting in time like asked to be removed about five days later.

As for you Foslin, I must say, I did like your style. You had a good feel about you and I did enjoy it when we got to be around each other. My suggestion is try to take some time off, and come back in about 3-4 months and try something new. It is really amazing to relearn the game and you have a better chance to find that thing that makes you love the game so much. Good luck to you!

Khallistra

Zharradam (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 05:42 PM

#22853, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

When I played Wayhleth I remember getting gaunted to shadow grove (or at least the edge of it and me fleeing into it). I was lagged up the ass and on about 100 hps and knew there was no way I'd beat you out of the grove without another attack.. so I just dug myself a hole (literally) and sat in it until you left You assumed that I had found the way out before you.

I remember giving Exousia a pretty hard time with one of my characters (either Faluzre or Dashkelgr). Icenyhn always brings back warm and fuzzy memories.

Later

HuttoWed 17-Dec-03 04:25 PM
234 posts
#22850, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

There was a day when fighting villagers meant fighting them one on one, but it seems that day has passed.

Right. That day has been long gone.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=16307&mesg_id=16527&page=

If you will, drop me an email: huttop@yahoo.com

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak

CathoirWed 17-Dec-03 03:13 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
34 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22846, "still I cannnnnnn't let go n/t"
In response to Reply #0

(she'll come back to me)

MekantosWed 17-Dec-03 01:52 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22839, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

Mekantos - Years, literally of being in Scion, from the day it started on, and somehow I am given the Chancellorship where I don't have power over everyone in the Chasm, go figure.

Yes, you had power. I had mine as well. As a second power figure, albeit
a step-down from the Chancellor, I knew I could push you this way and
that. My character despised you...mainly due to your tendency to blow
things drastically out of proportion, to the point where I was left
with my jaw dropped, saying "Huh?" half of the time. I wondered for a
while if it was the role of the character to be so off-base, but
reading your farewell cleared that up quite well.

...The immortals kept me from dealing with you how someone evil would have, and that utterly disgusted me. We had to "get along", and all that came out of your mouth were endless disrespect, through actions and words, and my hands tied by Beroxxus. Apparently you seemed to think the Chasm is Beroxxus's religion, where you are utterly wrong and you seemed clueless to that point.

Oh trust me, I was close to killing you myself and just eating the
uninduction along with it. Like I said, my character despised you.
I disrespected you, just as you disrespected me. You did not once try
to make the Chancellor-Advisor relationship work, so it didn't really
leave anything but our mutual dislike to work with. As far as Mek's
religion...I am well aware and capable of keeping the cabal and religion
separate. Don't presume to know so much about a character who never
gave you a glimpse of anything but hatred.

Jiro - I enjoyed our interactions immensely, added a great sideplot to everything going on. I had already gotten ingredients to perform the ritual we spoke of and seemed to have immortal backing for it so it would be cool for all involved (but possibly not exactly what you had in mind), but yet again Mekantos goes flying off the handle and does things like uninducting you without talking to me first. Apparently he thinks he is Chancellor, and the immortals were cool with that, oh well, good luck.

As I said IC, you were not there. You would have (or should have)
booted any Scion who did what he did (except me...don't you just hate
power struggles?!). To put it simply, if I had *not* booted Jiro when
I had, I would have lost most, if not all, of my authority. And as I
also told you, I had Immortal backing for that decision. I said
this to you several times, but you didn't seem to get it...which kept
us at odds.

Oh yeah, you never told me anything about this ritual, or even gave a
hint that *something* was going on. I can't read your mind.

Along that same vein, the first person I booted (an invoker, if you
recall), was kicked because a Scion immortal told me to do it.
That was the reason our quarreling really began...and you never, not
once, acknowledged that I had done anything but be a disrespectful ass,
even though I explained the situation several times. At some point, a
person gets tired of beating a dead horse. My arm was pretty sore.

In conclusion, you seem to hate just about everything in the game
nowadays. Perhaps you're right, and it is time for you to quit.
However, if you do have some urge to come back, I hope it works out.

Mek

MekantosWed 17-Dec-03 07:14 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22861, "Re: To discuss more"
In response to Reply #12

If you want to discuss some things, and maybe clear the air a bit, email
me at mekantos@carrionfields.com. I'd prefer that as opposed to trying
to hold a conversation on your farewell.

Kwalin (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 01:37 PM

#22838, "Ugh..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn, I was hoping I wasn't going to see this here till long after I deleted or ran out of con. You were great fun to be around, the fat chick thing was refreshingly original and graphic. You were definetly a head turner in a, 'OH MY GOD THE WHALE HAS LANDED!!' sort of way.

I really respected you and for the life of me couldn't figure out why you put up with Mekantos. Well, now I know . Well anyway, times are tough for scion and I don't see anyone that's currently there being half the leader you were. You'll definetly be missed by all of us.

About the village I think you hit the nail squarely on the head. I played a warlock back when you had Gre, which wasn't all that long ago, and ragers treated the warlocks then a hell of a lot better than they treat scions now. I generally try to avoid fighting ragers at least partially because I know that I'm more likely to get ganged by ragers now than I am by any of our other enemies. I've died to both fortress and ragers and generally when I die vs the fort it's worth my time to walk back to my corpse. Time and again I get beat down by the rager gangs I walk back only to find all my stuff taken and shortly thereafter deposited near the destructor. Generally when I fought ragers before as my previous warlocks, when they came hunting for me it was alone. Now that's just not the case. Also villager raids used to be almost exclusivly villager only. It seems to me that whenever we scions have even a prayer of defending against a raid. They gang up with maran and try and take us down despite the maran and vokers and trannies either in or directly outside the chasm. That irritated me as well.

Anyway you'll likely soon have more company in the scion graveyard. I've come very close to throwing in the towel several times and only the fact that it is such a bitch to get a 7 shield voker stops me.

Good luck in all your future endeavors and I hope you come back soon!

Kackrik (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 01:21 PM

#22837, "The Village"
In response to Reply #0

First and foremost, I liked your character. Though I was there that very day when you were ganged and looted, I did not partake in it. Be it I was just not there, or I didn't feel like it.. I simply avoided it. What do I think of it? I don't really care. My idea on the Village is a tad different from most people's (as I know now) and perhaps when I get my official post I'll explain it better.

I played a Scion female character before, sphere passion, and immediately knew that you would reach to higher things with your character. I *ALWAYS* give a little tip of the hat to people who go out and try different things. Wiether it be the fire giant shaman in Maran, or the Fat Scion, I always try to show my respect. I showed my respect to you, by simply bitching you out. Now, I saw you complain about the way I was treating you on the unofficial boards, but you have to understand something. That's RP - baby

You are a mage, I am a villager. I hate you. I hate everything about you, I would like you to be eradicated off the face off the earth. I have no respect for you, because then I would become the same as you -a mage, something I hate. That is MY rp, and the way I show it, is simple. I kill mages, sometimes in equal groups. When a mage walks, that means I'm at fault, and I should be punished for it. Once again, thats RP.. you have to find the difference between OOC actions and RP.

For example, when I kill Scion members, I loot their magic items and destroy them. Now, if they are nicely equipped, I'm guarantee'ng (sp?) that at least 80% of those items are magical. If I give a magic item back to you, thats just the same as me wearing one, or using a potion. What is the point of hating magic, if I keep allowing the spread of it?

Please Foslin, you were a strong character, you killed me more then I killed you (1-0 for you, damn), but don't go out like this. You have some memorable characters and it would be a DAMNED shame to lose a good player. If you have such a problem with full looting and ganging, then roll something up that can deal with it. Or do what everyone else does - live with it. I agree with you on everything about the greed, but you and I cannot do anything about it. It's always going to happen, so the best you can do is just to raise your chin high and battle through it.

*shrug*

Welp, well played and good luck with the next (?)

Baielko (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 01:10 PM

#22836, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed the few fights we had. The time you gaunted me to the tower in hamash and I beat you off like 4 times before finally dying was rather fun. If the "incident" your talking about was the time myself and Zhelrantix were fighting you and some invoker north of the crossroads and some moron comes in and pincers you, I think you are blowing things WAY out of proportion. You also accused me of being everything from a maran puppet to being a tribunal slave to being a coward etc, with such baseless slander, most of what you say losses value. I too have been playing this game for about 9 years, and I don't really feel there is some huge change in the ganging/looting tendancy's. I can recall being utterly rocked by a groups of old school masters/arbies/old school empire/dawn/nexans 5 deep and getting full looted. I tend to think I'm getting full looted when I die...

Anyhow, good luck dude

Terwin- (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 11:05 AM

#22831, "Good luck"
In response to Reply #0

Good luck with the quitting - shout out from another rager of the old school variety

I'll never forget when Glaus rolled into 5 masters virtually naked and rocked them silly. I'll also never forget when Pilquo and his other invoker friend would consistently chase my gnome tranny and spam crushing hand on me - fun!

I had to say a farewell, because it's players like you that have given me 9 years of good times. Sorry to see you go, good luck with the quitting.

Terwin

Foslin (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 12:41 PM

#22833, "Verell was the name of the other Entropy invoker"
In response to Reply #5

And to this day Verell and I relive those days and talk about crushing hand on master gnomes. They were such big, cute sponges for that spell. Take care Terwin.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 08:53 AM

#22828, "Reading this makes me glad I don't take cf as seriously..."
In response to Reply #0

I thought Foslin was a good enemy IC, but this diatribe of a goodbye note makes me cringe. Lighten up.

Foslin (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 12:46 PM

#22834, "I don't take CF seriously"
In response to Reply #4

I just wondered when it happened why do I spend my free time dealing with a vast majority of people who give their word IC break it because of OOC greed and then act like children when asked about it. You can full loot/multi-kill me, fine, but when you put yourself out to do something and someone does something in reliance on it, and you screw them, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If you know you can't keep a promise, don't make it. Its as simple as that

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 08:32 PM

#22867, "I will say, however, that Hvitlock was the shiznit."
In response to Reply #8

One of my favorites. I can't remember if I ran with you as Restricis or Septach, but it was groovy.

DAurwyn (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 07:48 AM

#22826, "I'm not sure the village has changed so much"
In response to Reply #0

I think it is that you are getting the perspective that those not in the village have had for a while.

Ever since I have come back to cf, there have been a few "gem" villagers and a hell of a lot in for the powers who basically ignore village thinking to pk more easily.

I can remember my assassin Yantsao beating off a villager axe spec at level 28 only to get ganged a minute later by three villagers (non-raid) and full-looted by a hero tatted village leader.

I can only remember one period when I didn't hate a number of characters in the village for "turning a blind eye" to all kinds of things. I've had villagers say "ok, make sure I walk out of the room before you eat that yellow flower", and then walk out of the room just so that I can eat the flower "without them knowing".

As far as Foslin goes, it left a really bad taste in my mouth, at practically our first encounter to be the only scion who was actively fighting over particular a two hour period, eventually dying to Elstratuviel, and then multiple times to a bug, to then be threatened when I said my body couldn't take much more of it. At that stage, I wanted you to put the threat to kill me into action and yet you didn't, at which point my character lost respect for Foslin (although at the same time ooc I expected to die since I was mostly naked, so I didn't necessarily lose respect for the player). However, ic and ooc, I was quite happy to fight with another scion if the alternative was submitting to their threats. Partly it was that attitude that turned me from wholehearted support of the chasm, and had I had any say in leadership I'd have picked one of the others over you (purely for ic reasons -- they never offended me ic).

I did see some of your interaction with Worthless, although I'm not sure if you knew that. Autosneak meant that I walked in on you, and I was quite impressed with what I saw. That gave me a good impression of Foslin ooc (although I thought it was you ordering Worthless to talk), but equally I hated you ic so it didn't matter. My intention was to try to kill you some time, but when you were made chancellor I realised that doing so would just get me booted, so I had to give up on that.

What did spoil my impression of Foslin though were your posts on Dio's complaining about this stuff. If you are going to complain, don't attach your character's name to it, because it does affect our impressions of the character. It's harder to look up to your leader when you know they are hurting from their beatings, if you are an evil. In that sense, it sort of spoils the rp you are doing in the game. You can rp someone who is unflustered by the bad stuff that happens to you, but then somehow we still come away knowing that it affected you.

Anyway, my bet is that if you keep reading the forums, you will be back. Alternatively, try playing an uncaballed sometimes. There is a lot to be said for freedom to avoid gangs rather than be forced to fight them because of cabal obligations -- with more "incidents".

It's funny you should mention K'tengs as the place you took your revenge. I can remember encountering a villager in there and trapping the villager in a room with only a magic portal to escape through. I thought this was quite amusing until the villager walked through it without a second thought. I was quite shocked that he'd so happily use magic to save himself. In my eyes, it was no different to drinking a magic potion to get himself unstuck.

Agree with everything about villagers not bothering to use discern on allies, and about getting summoned out of tight spots. Some do, but some still try to get away without it. That said, m own experience is suggesting that the general trend is not getting any worse.

Foslin (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 12:40 PM

#22832, "Who are you?"
In response to Reply #3

The only person I threatened to kill was Mekantos at the end when he totally disrepsected my position, and did it on a constant and endless basis. If you were Mekantos and Beroxxus didn't send his little note on how you could not be booted without facing his wrath, I would have uninducted you the day after you became Advisor and killed you over and over.

If you were not Mekantos, I have no idea what you are talking about.

As for the Dio's post, lighten up. Split ooc and ic stuff some time, if you can't then you have problems.

Daurwyn (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 02:14 PM

#22841, "I was Sossaphrin"
In response to Reply #6

And you did threaten to kill me on my second day in the cabal (which was about 2 weeks after my first as I was unable to play for a bit). I told you where I was, and told you to come and try. I then didn't hear anything from you. I assume this was either because ooc you didn't think it was quite fair to kill the semi-naked ap, or ic because you were afraid to try after making the threat. However, I've always thought that a threat has to be followed through on if you are not to lose respect for making the threat in the first place, unless the guy capitulates to you.

Regarding the ic and ooc issues, I don't think I have a problem splitting ic and ooc. I don't find myself overly emotional about cf. But you cannot separate all ic and ooc knowledge.

Here's something you said which implies that ic and ooc should have a link. You say "if you promise not to take stuff ic, you shouldn't take stuff ic. Don't make the promise if ooc greed is going to make you break it, instead of ic respect making you keep it". How do you know it isn't ic greed, and that ic the guy has no respect for your partially ooc policy of not looting?

And when I kill someone and he says he isn't bothered, I then have to decide whether he is telling the truth or not. However, I (or rather those who killed you, which I never did) now know that it IS bothering you because of your posts on Dio's, and this is probably going to influence the decision.

An analagous thing is that if someone posts on Dio's that the XYZ is a great sword because of its prog, and my character without id or lore finds the XYZ, he's going to hang onto it. Are you seriously telling me that you'd sac it because to all intents and purposes it appears to be a crappy sword? The sword of Zurcon to your necro, for example? Why doesn't your lowbie character put the cloak of death on each time he finds one lying around? To some extent your ooc knowledge cannot be separated from your ic knowledge, unless you are going to tell me that you don't use your knowledge of gear when you play a character without useful lore or id.

Foslin (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 05:08 PM

#22852, "You are seriously confusing me with someone else n/t"
In response to Reply #13

n/t

KhasotholasWed 17-Dec-03 07:42 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22825, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

Wish you hadn't let Exousia go. Had some interesting plans. Nice character list, by the way, some ones I truly enjoyed.

JafelWed 17-Dec-03 06:21 AM
40 posts
#22824, "RE: End of the Road."
In response to Reply #0

Naa, I didn't play Vanar. I was Zivular the fire ap. Enjoyed your character quite a bit, hell I enjoyed fighting against/alongside many of the ones you have listed. It sounds likely that we started around the same time and if I cannot get the spark back that I once had I too will be among the ranks of the departed. Best of luck man. Feel free to shoot me an email anytime man.

Russ
jerky_007@yahoo.com

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22822 Previous topic | Next topic