Subject: "Healer Revamp!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #920
Show all folders

ValguarneraMon 01-May-06 07:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#920, "Healer Revamp!"

Brief summary for now, with more detail to follow once I have a moment.

1) We're making a conscious effort to bias the healer class towards good alignments, without flat-out excluding evil healers. This is partially due to our overall class skew (3 evil-skewed classes which do not require empowerment, vs. one comparatively rare good-skewed class), and partially because of the greater synergy of healers with those evil-skewed classes due to their offensive bent. We'll discuss this more on Gameplay, but I wanted to state up fromt that these changes were partially guided by this philosophy.

2) All healers have gained a number of new supplications, several of which are moral alignment-dependent. Helpfiles to look over:

Soothe, Sate, Quench, Guiding Hand, Stalwart Arm, Spiritual Salve, Divine Bond, Bulwark of Faith, Spirit Shepherd, Dark Pact, Purity of Flesh, Purity of Mind, Purity of Blood, Vitality, Antipathy, Miraculous Foresight, Soul Citadel, Unveiling (largely cosmetic Faerie Fire replacement), and Illuminate (largely cosmetic Faerie Fog replacement).

3) Evil healers will be less efficient at healing or curing others due to their more selfish nature. All of their abilities will work at full strength on themselves, or on anyone who has agreed to the healer's Dark Pact and its mandatory costs. Neutral healers have a very slight hindrance of this sort as well.

4) The Armor, Locate Object, and Mass Invis communes have been removed from all healers. The latter two don't particularly fit the flavor of the class, and Locate Object combines a bit too well with Gate and related abilities to enable hoarding. (Armor is just lame.) Existing healers will be refunded a practice session for each if they had the supplication above 1%.

5) Several existing skills and supplications have been changed in level. Most notably, healers get Parry and Shield Block considerably earlier.

6) Stuff should only appear on your practice list if you could commune it with your current alignment. In other words, good healers will no longer see Sanctify Self, and neutral/evil healers will no longer see Sanctify Room and Turn Undead, in addition to all the changes that come with the new supplications.

Everything looks fine in testing, but everything always looks fine in testing. Pray if you have a problem, and we'll also be getting more information out as we go.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Healer Revamp!, Cerunnir, 06-May-06 12:18 AM, #9
Reply Very nice, way to spice up an otherwise dull class., Eskelian, 05-May-06 12:12 PM, #7
Reply Healer Class page updated on web site. (n/t), Qaledus, 02-May-06 10:53 PM, #5
Reply Do they still have continual light?, DurNominator, 05-May-06 04:46 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Do they still have continual light?, Valguarnera, 05-May-06 04:47 PM, #8
Reply I like the sound of Dark Pact, Haggler, 01-May-06 09:17 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I like the sound of Dark Pact, Qaledus, 02-May-06 01:14 PM, #2
     Reply Color me out of the loop..., Haggler, 02-May-06 01:15 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Color me out of the loop..., Valguarnera, 02-May-06 01:15 PM, #4

CerunnirFri 05-May-06 08:51 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#929, "RE: Healer Revamp!"
In response to Reply #0

"Pray if you have a problem"

Ive been away from Carrionfields for quite a while now, and have gotten some distance to the game. So this comment is quite funny actually.

Healer changes look very nice, maybe I should try one. Considering returning since ive quit WoW now(Finally?).

EskelianThu 04-May-06 02:13 PM
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#927, "Very nice, way to spice up an otherwise dull class."
In response to Reply #0

I think its is a very good change for the dynamics of hero range.

QaledusTue 02-May-06 09:19 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#925, "Healer Class page updated on web site. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

DurNominatorThu 04-May-06 12:57 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#926, "Do they still have continual light?"
In response to Reply #5

It's listed as their commune in the page. I was under impression that it was removed when they got infravision. Also, conjie page is missing warp dimension and muter page is missing toughened skin.

ValguarneraFri 05-May-06 04:47 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#928, "RE: Do they still have continual light?"
In response to Reply #6

It's listed as their commune in the page. I was under impression that it was removed when they got infravision. Also, conjie page is missing warp dimension and muter page is missing toughened skin.

You're correct-- they haven't had it for some time.

HagglerMon 01-May-06 09:08 PM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#921, "I like the sound of Dark Pact"
In response to Reply #0

Can we update the webpage to let people see the difference (and helpfiles) much more easily please?

I really like the sound of this stuff!

QaledusTue 02-May-06 09:18 AM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#922, "RE: I like the sound of Dark Pact"
In response to Reply #1

>Can we update the webpage to let people see the difference
> and helpfiles) much more easily please?
>
>I really like the sound of this stuff!

If nobody else picks up, I'll get it tonight after work!

Qaledus
qaledus@carrionfields.com

HagglerTue 02-May-06 11:08 AM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
#923, "Color me out of the loop..."
In response to Reply #1

But when did healers lose iron skin?

ValguarneraTue 02-May-06 01:15 PM
6904 posts
#924, "RE: Color me out of the loop..."
In response to Reply #3

But when did healers lose iron skin?

August, 2003.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #920 Previous topic | Next topic