Subject: "Dragonreign!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #866
Show all folders

nepentheThu 05-Jan-06 09:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#866, "Dragonreign!"
Edited on Thu 05-Jan-06 09:25 PM

I've got good news, and I've got bad news.

First, the good news. Dragon (and similar) breath attacks will never again melt, burn, freeze, or otherwise destroy gear.

The bad news is, these attacks are more varied and frightening than ever. Would-be dragonslayers, beware.

The net result is that dragons are more likely than ever to kill you, but fighting them is no longer almost exclusively the province of shapeshifters or groups with invokers.

Speaking of invokers, while they're no longer necessary in dragon fights to safeguard armor (but more helpful than ever in safeguarding lives), it seems worth mentioning that the interplay between especially powerful breath attacks and elemental shields has also gotten more interesting. A strong affinity in the element the invoker wishes to protect against may prove helpful, though even the (very unlikely) shield from a 0-affinity invoker is far from useless.

As always, items that improve your saving throw vs. breath attacks will be especially helpful in dealing with breath attacks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Wow...so..., tapster, 07-Jan-06 12:06 AM, #11
Reply There's a forest in my exploration area! (n/t), nepenthe, 09-Jan-06 09:47 PM, #12
Reply Seriously stupid., Dallevian, 06-Jan-06 03:02 PM, #10
Reply Funky!, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 06-Jan-06 09:55 AM, #7
Reply RE: Dragonreign!, Isildur, 06-Jan-06 02:28 AM, #4
Reply RE: Dragonreign!, nepenthe, 06-Jan-06 02:30 AM, #5
     Reply Thanks., TheDude, 06-Jan-06 09:55 AM, #6
     Reply You are AWESOME!, Haggler, 06-Jan-06 03:02 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Dragonreign!, Isildur, 06-Jan-06 03:02 PM, #9
Reply RE: Dragonreign!, Eskelian, 05-Jan-06 10:48 PM, #3
Reply RE: Dragonreign!, Lightmage, 05-Jan-06 10:48 PM, #2
Reply If you were a hot lady I'd kiss you... nt, Bajula, 05-Jan-06 09:28 PM, #1

tapsterFri 06-Jan-06 04:38 PM
Member since 11th May 2005
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#880, "Wow...so..."
In response to Reply #0

After playing for 8 years and never having an invoker/shapeshifter....

....this means I can actually go to about a million bazillion mobs I could never go to before and actually join in all the fun I was missing?

Kewl change.

Its like letting hydrophobia people still go underwater. It allows the majority of us to participate in many more areas of the mud.

Now....if druids only had more things to do in exploration areas or other high level areas where they can't call their forest creatures, gather herbs(meaning no shapeshifting either), or get another treant.....

nepentheMon 09-Jan-06 09:47 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#882, "There's a forest in my exploration area! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #11

>Now....if druids only had more things to do in exploration
>areas or other high level areas where they can't call their
>forest creatures, gather herbs(meaning no shapeshifting
>either), or get another treant.....

DallevianFri 06-Jan-06 01:03 PM
1618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#878, "Seriously stupid."
In response to Reply #0

This idea is so lame. Why fix what wasn't broken? I mean, -come on-. Emphasis on the come on. You just wasted your time and our time on a stupid change that only makes the game less fun. Don't you realize that it's going to take even more time for us, the playerbase, to do even the simplest things now? Good grief. I bet this was Voogle's idea. Jerkoff. This really ranks right on up there with taking away dual backstab. Which ranks as Gay. I quit, man, this mud blows.

I'd hate to break the norm and be thankful, y'know. Cool change, thanks.

Evil Genius (inactive user)Fri 06-Jan-06 05:06 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Sounds scary but it's an excellent change. Welcome to the fun bus!

IsildurFri 06-Jan-06 12:11 AM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#870, "RE: Dragonreign!"
In response to Reply #0

I can think of several humanoid non-dragon mobs that destroy gear. Are these affected by the change as well?

What about acid attacks that, while they don't destroy, do "etch and pit"? Do they no longer have that effect?

nepentheFri 06-Jan-06 02:30 AM
3430 posts
#872, "RE: Dragonreign!"
In response to Reply #4

>I can think of several humanoid non-dragon mobs that destroy
>gear. Are these affected by the change as well?

Depends. If it was with blast of fire, frost, etc. then the answer is probably yes. If they're busting weaponbreaker on you, then the answer is no.

>What about acid attacks that, while they don't destroy, do
>"etch and pit"? Do they no longer have that effect?

They don't; at least, not those coming from black dragons or similar effects. Rooms or digestive tracts that are full of acid remain as-is. Note that in addition to pitting and etching, acid dragon breath could also destroy certain kinds of gear, which it no longer does.

TheDudeFri 06-Jan-06 04:28 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
283 posts
#873, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #5

That actually contained the answer to every question I had about this which I had in mind before I even read that.

(Have yet to see the change in-game, but crap, I HATE my gear being destroyed)

HagglerFri 06-Jan-06 11:10 AM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
#876, "You are AWESOME!"
In response to Reply #5

And on that note, I'm going to go kill the winter wolf 150 times now for what it's done to me in the past.

PS I think this is the single best change I've seen to mobs in years.

IsildurFri 06-Jan-06 12:07 PM
5969 posts
#877, "RE: Dragonreign!"
In response to Reply #5

> Depends. If it was with blast of fire, frost, etc. then the answer is probably yes. If they're busting weaponbreaker on you, then the answer is no.

Yeah, I was talking about guys like the High Lord, Lord Kiadana-Rah, Spirit Knight, etc.

EskelianThu 05-Jan-06 10:41 PM
2023 posts
#869, "RE: Dragonreign!"
In response to Reply #0

I luv u.

LightmageThu 05-Jan-06 09:47 PM
319 posts
#868, "RE: Dragonreign!"
In response to Reply #0

Does this mean dragons now carry better hoards of gold and treasure?

Id love to see them more spread out with their own lairs, instead of the majority being trapped in a tower.

Havent seen them yet in game, but Id love having Dragons being the toughest thing in Thera. Something that you need 20 people to bring down.

Awesome work on this one.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

BajulaThu 05-Jan-06 09:28 PM
929 posts
#867, "If you were a hot lady I'd kiss you... nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt I said.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #866 Previous topic | Next topic