Subject: "New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #669
Show all folders

CyradiaWed 13-Jul-05 01:03 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#669, "New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard"

Helpfile:

Corpseguard is an option you can toggle on and off (see help TOGGLES) that allows you to automatically guard a corpse from lower ranking looters. This is only applicable to PC corpes that you create, that is to say you have to be the one to strike the killing blow. If enabled, the killer will have a chance to stop other players, that are underneath his PK range, that he can see, from taking items from the corpse. While a corpse is being guarded, low-ranking looters cannot use "get all" commands on the corpse. If the killer leaves the room or engages in combat, he will stop guarding the corpse and cannot start again.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard, Dorge, 24-Nov-05 11:39 AM, #9
Reply RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard, Valguarnera, 27-Nov-05 09:02 AM, #10
Reply SWEET!!, Xaannix, 19-Jul-05 09:40 PM, #8
Reply RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard, aspetys, 14-Jul-05 03:47 PM, #6
Reply RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard, Cyradia, 14-Jul-05 05:58 PM, #7
Reply Great change., Shadowmaster, 14-Jul-05 10:13 AM, #4
Reply Yikes, you've probably already started fixing it, rain, 14-Jul-05 10:13 AM, #3
Reply Yup, FNCR, Sebeok, 14-Jul-05 10:13 AM, #5
Reply RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard, Cyradia, 13-Jul-05 02:28 PM, #2
Reply Awesome option!, Undead_Irish, 13-Jul-05 01:39 PM, #1

DorgeWed 23-Nov-05 08:08 PM
Member since 02nd Mar 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#808, "RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard"
In response to Reply #0

How does this affect the butchering or embalming of corpses to destroy the corpse, causing all the gear to fall out?

Figure a few class have a nice advantage if this is so.

Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation.

ValguarneraSun 27-Nov-05 09:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#810, "RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard"
In response to Reply #9

How does this affect the butchering or embalming of corpses to destroy the corpse, causing all the gear to fall out? Figure a few class have a nice advantage if this is so.

If you test it, you'll see that it isn't the case.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

XaannixTue 19-Jul-05 08:11 AM
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#687, "SWEET!!"
In response to Reply #0

Its about time this showed up. Cant wait to try it out..in august.

aspetysThu 14-Jul-05 10:24 AM
Member since 14th Jul 2005
1 posts
#677, "RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard"
In response to Reply #0

although i am sure this took some great innovation and work, but allow me to say that i am not a fan of this. not only because i (like everyone reading this) am a fan of looting the crap outta any hero that dies right next to my level 11 transmuter.
mostly i do not like this because the random full loot distributes nice equipment throughout thera and spreads it out in a more than even way. Also as a low character, say necromancer i would hate to have absolutly no chance against a maran equiped player. I would like the chance to survive thank you very much.
in my opinion what you will do in the future will be to simply remove this feature because even if you know it or not, the random lowbie loot has kept theras equipment distribution in balance since the begining. I am always wrong at the moment and bam, zing boom all of a sudden i am right.

marcos

flame on people i love playing in our own little world

CyradiaThu 14-Jul-05 04:31 PM
163 posts
#678, "RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard"
In response to Reply #6

I'm not going to flame you. I doubt there's a player that's made it to hero that hasn't gotten a rush off of looting a set of gear much higher than their rank would normally allow them (and therefore giving them a nice advantage in PKs and ranking.) This code lessens your chances of being able to do that. It also increases the chance of you getting a rush from grabbing a nice set of gear from a foe you just killed instead of another player, risking nothing, spamming 'get all corpse.'

I don't think there's any problem with equipment moving through Thera. One of the advantages of the slow trickle of new areas is new equipment. High ranking gear wasn't designed to be the norm at rank 11. However, if we had wanted to stop that we would have done something crazy like...make it impossible to loot out of PK or make gear rank dependent (blick.) Nobody is suggesting that, which is why the skill has loopholes. If the guarder leaves the room or starts fighting, they're not guarding. You can still make attempts at grabbing specific pieces of gear out of the corpse, etc. This also hasn't changed pit looting. I think as you see the skill play out you'll see it's far from absolute.

Ok, here's a little bitty flame...if your strategy of surviving CF is to run around at rank 11 and spam, 'get all corpse' around high ranking players, you might want to widen your play book. I'll also meet you back here in a year and we'll see if the skill is still around.

ShadowmasterThu 14-Jul-05 06:01 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#673, "Great change."
In response to Reply #0

Awesome work, keep it up!

rainWed 13-Jul-05 11:34 PM
Member since 20th Jul 2004
13 posts
#672, "Yikes, you've probably already started fixing it"
In response to Reply #0

But shoudln't high ranks be able to ignore the low ranks guards? Becuase that's not how it's going down, I got thrown away by a little guy.

Like I said, you probably already know...

SebeokThu 14-Jul-05 10:13 AM
940 posts
#675, "Yup, FNCR"
In response to Reply #3

nt!

CyradiaWed 13-Jul-05 02:27 PM
163 posts
#671, "RE: New Toggle Option - Corpse Guard"
In response to Reply #0

I forgot to mention that Sebeok is the best coder ever and did the hardwork to make this idea reality. Rah!

Undead_IrishWed 13-Jul-05 01:17 PM
Member since 09th Jul 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#670, "Awesome option!"
In response to Reply #0

Great work IMMs! I love it! Woo hoo!! Decency still can be resurrected!

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #669 Previous topic | Next topic