Subject: "Several low-level offensive spell updates." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2387
Show all folders

ValguarneraWed 19-May-10 09:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2387, "Several low-level offensive spell updates."
Edited on Wed 26-May-10 04:35 PM

A number of low-level offensive mage spells now have additional power and/or functions if the victim fails multiple saving throws. In general, these are designed to be more significant at lower levels, and not very significant near hero range, for two reasons:

1) The bonuses tend to be fairly flat, or at least scaling slowly.
2) Higher-level characters are more prone to actually wearing gear that helps saving throws, and thus less likely to, say, fail two or three in a row.

I modified nine in this batch, and may continue to do so as small projects as time allows.

Edit on 5/26: Another three or four went live a few days ago. All have effects that are obvious through gameplay.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dudeWed 26-May-10 03:52 PM
Member since 10th Aug 2008
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2391, "possible unintended drawback"
In response to Reply #0

i had pets fighting a mob while i was invisible and i failed weaken two or three times. the next time it did some damage and brought me into combat. not too big of a deal. just wanted to make sure it wouldn't happened to someone slept as well. not sure if you took care of that or not.

ValguarneraWed 26-May-10 04:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2392, "Unintendedly awesome."
In response to Reply #1

1) That particular feature won't happen if the victim is asleep. Daevryn and I had a discussion about why some people insist on playing necromancers as "sleep or nothing" (which neither of us thinks is desirable), and we're generally more in favor of stand-and-fight necromancers getting a leg up there.

2) I'd be happy if offensive maledictions drew you into combat regardless of whether they dealt damage, so I'm OK with it. 9/10 of the time, it's free damage.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2387 Previous topic | Next topic