Subject: "Corpseguard update" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2001
Show all folders

SebeokSun 14-Jun-09 08:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
940 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2001, "Corpseguard update"

Next crash/reboot - corpseguard has been substantially improved.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Great changes and the thread above. Thanks Seb n/t, Hopelessdwarf, 19-Jun-09 02:21 PM, #5
Reply What has been done with it? Lowered the chance to grab ..., Dervish, 14-Jun-09 09:28 PM, #1
     Reply Yes, Sebeok, 14-Jun-09 09:34 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Yes, Leaf, 17-Jun-09 09:38 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Yes, Sebeok, 17-Jun-09 10:15 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: Yes, Leaf, 21-Jun-09 10:53 PM, #6

HopelessdwarfFri 19-Jun-09 02:15 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2004
272 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2019, "Great changes and the thread above. Thanks Seb n/t"
In response to Reply #0

sdfa

DervishSun 14-Jun-09 08:55 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#2002, "What has been done with it? Lowered the chance to grab ..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

SebeokSun 14-Jun-09 09:34 PM
940 posts
#2003, "Yes"
In response to Reply #1

I just updated the helpfile. Failing to take an item makes it harder to impossible to loot further. And if the killer leaves the room or begins fighting again, the killer doesn't stop guarding the corpse. If the killer is not in the room with the corpse or the killer is currently fighting, it won't be guarded.

LeafWed 17-Jun-09 02:11 AM
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2014, "RE: Yes"
In response to Reply #2

I don't mean to be picky, well I do I guess, but I think it might be difficult to guard a corpse while fighting someone. It would make sense to me that I, as a looter, would have an easier chance to successfully snag an item from a corpse while the killer is occupied with something other than stopping me from looting.

That said, I would also imagine the possibility of being struck by blows (hard to hit someone outside of pk though), or the inability to grab the exact item I want due to all the commotion.

Just thoughts I had. Thanks for the hard work on everything ya'll do.

Ignorance is bliss, and I know too many happy people.

SebeokWed 17-Jun-09 10:15 PM
940 posts
#2015, "RE: Yes"
In response to Reply #3

I should've been more specific. Apologies for that. If the guarder of the corpse is fighting when you try to loot, yes you can loot the corpse. But if the fighting stops, the guarder still is guarding the corpse. Previous to this change, once the guarder of the corpse began fighting, he stopped guarding completely. Hope this clarifies it.

LeafSun 21-Jun-09 10:29 PM
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2020, "RE: Yes"
In response to Reply #4

Thank you very much for the clarification. It does make a lot of sense worded this way. Good stuff.

Ignorance is bliss, and I know too many happy people.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2001 Previous topic | Next topic