Subject: "Small tweak..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1460
Show all folders

DaevrynTue 20-May-08 11:45 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1460, "Small tweak..."

From the department of changes that were on my list four months ago before I got busy and distracted:

You are somewhat less likely to miss an attack because of sensory distortion (symphonic echoes, etc.) if you're being ganged on. I would prefer this to instead be a chance to hit one of the other people ganging on you instead when you miss because of echoes, but I wasn't ambitious enough in my current state of shaking the CF-coding rust off to attempt that. Possibly I'll retrofit to that without warning at a later date.

This is also true, although less so, for evade. That is to say, if you're crowding around someone and ganging on them, evade will do a bit less for you.

At this point, this amounts to all of the changes I've had in mind to make either skill, and it probably will have little to no effect in 90%+ of the fights in which they factor.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynMon 02-Jun-08 09:49 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1464, "More..."
In response to Reply #0

Right around the time the forums died I went on a fixing spree. Probably there are some things in the bug queue that are addressed now that I couldn't mark, and now I couldn't begin to tell you what they were.

One bug I did fix that wasn't in the queue that I think may be of interest to some of you folks is one that, in some cases, would cause a character's dodging to not be penalized at all for their carried weight. I know better to be careful with integer division in C, but we all have off days. It's hard for me to gauge the full impact of this bug in play (which has been fixed for a week or two now) or how often it really mattered, but I suspect high dex builds will seem somewhat less tank-tastic than they have been as the -str piles on.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1460 Previous topic | Next topic