Subject: "New Fighting Arena!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1411
Show all folders

CyradiaSun 30-Dec-07 08:35 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1411, "New Fighting Arena!"
Edited on Sun 30-Dec-07 08:40 PM

What's the Arena?

Short Answer: A cool new small area that allows character to fight without having a chance of hurting their con or their pretty shiny equipment. It also allows everyone else in the viewing rooms of the area to watch the fight.

Long Answer: There can be solo fights or team vs. team fights. Participants must use the correct syntax to extend and accept the challenge, in front of the appropriate mob. Anyone (participants or onlookers) can bet on the outcome. House takes 5% and pay-out is calculated by the total number of bets. Once all the participants accept, they're ushered to private "prep rooms." Then everybody is forced into the arena and it’s on! Viewers see all of the fighting from the cheap seats (no protection from thieves and murder!) Meanwhile, the wealthy that want to spend the gold can have a private room where it’s safe to enjoy watching the action. Best part is, when you lose you don't die, you're just defeated. All of your gear is intact and your con is preserved. You just have to face the mocking for losing. By the way, go ahead and try to disarm your opponent or steal his stuff...because it's getting reset when the fight is over. Also, I wouldn't recommend spamming crap like dent and hoping to hurt their gear…but that's just me.

Who's Responsible? Well, while a lot of immortals were involved, the real guy to blame is Sebeok.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Cool!, Marcus_, 31-Dec-07 04:56 PM, #8
Reply Damn you CF, Amortis, 31-Dec-07 04:56 PM, #7
Reply Hands down one of the coolest additions to CF~, Torak, 31-Dec-07 12:29 AM, #5
Reply Temporarily in the shop, Cyradia, 30-Dec-07 11:14 PM, #3
Reply Should be fixed now., Sebeok, 31-Dec-07 12:21 AM, #6
Reply Please direct all questions and commentary to the Gamep..., Sebeok, 30-Dec-07 08:42 PM, #1
     Reply Sounds very cool nice addition n/t, Hopelessdwarf, 30-Dec-07 10:54 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Please direct all questions and commentary to the G..., Plushka, 31-Dec-07 12:07 AM, #4

Marcus_Mon 31-Dec-07 01:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1419, "Cool!"
In response to Reply #0

Any chance for a deathmatch option? (like an arena fight, but with death and looting).. like a regular pk, but with spectators, entry fee and no gang risk

AmortisMon 31-Dec-07 12:25 PM
Member since 12th Jun 2007
69 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1418, "Damn you CF"
In response to Reply #0

I wanted to play for just an hour last night to get some energy to finish a big big project I've a deadline for Wednesday. Instead I stay up until 3:30 am farting around with the arena and am now exhausted, can't play with my kids, am gonna get fired, and instead of checking work email I'm at carrionfields.com talking about carrionfields.

The arena is just awesome. A great way for Players to practice in PK's without interfering with role too much, a great way to flavor RP, and a great way to bring people into a central location to interact. Many little tweaks I'd suggest, key being format the helpfile better so syntax examples on separate line, and allow multiple challenges to be thrown out, but first one to accept goes in. Frustrating when someone with no one to fight puts out a challenge and we all had to wait it out.

Thanks for keeping CF rockin'!

TorakMon 31-Dec-07 12:11 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1416, "Hands down one of the coolest additions to CF~"
In response to Reply #0

~

CyradiaSun 30-Dec-07 11:14 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
#1414, "Temporarily in the shop"
In response to Reply #0

There's a bug in the arena with bard songs, so Sebeok's working on it and he'll put it back as soon as it's fixed.

SebeokMon 31-Dec-07 12:21 AM
940 posts
#1417, "Should be fixed now."
In response to Reply #3

Rebooting now to put that fix in, and a couple other fixes, and to reopen the arena.

SebeokSun 30-Dec-07 08:42 PM
940 posts
#1412, "Please direct all questions and commentary to the Gamep..."
In response to Reply #0

Happy Arena-ing!

HopelessdwarfSun 30-Dec-07 10:29 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2004
272 posts
#1413, "Sounds very cool nice addition n/t"
In response to Reply #1

nt

PlushkaMon 31-Dec-07 12:04 AM
Member since 16th Feb 2005
150 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1415, "RE: Please direct all questions and commentary to the G..."
In response to Reply #1

I ever tell you how much I <3 you? Now we just need that water room for water shifters

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1411 Previous topic | Next topic