Subject: "Two new Necromancer spells:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1078
Show all folders

ValguarneraSat 09-Dec-06 05:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1078, "Two new Necromancer spells:"

These were part of the internal version of "design a lowbie skill", and while they were done in August or so, they got lost in the shuffle and didn't make it live.

See the helpfiles for Reanimate and Corpse Thrall for more detail.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

the joeSun 10-Dec-06 09:57 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2005
24 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1080, "i like the change"
In response to Reply #0

but i don't think corpse thrall would come in handy much the way it is. it could if the necro was fighting a group, but necros can rarely fight a group, and even less rare to be in a graveyard. the real problems seems to be it can hurt the necro as much as everybody else. the necro is already frail, it is not often that you want to hurt yourself just as much as your enemy. maybe this changes as you get better at the spell or something, that would make it useful. i think it would be better if the necro took little or no damage from the spell. you could say because they are ready for what is going to happen the can avoid it, or maybe use their powers over the undead to keep them on just their enemies and they are able to avoid most of the attack. just letting you know my intial thoughts, but i still like the change. i am guessing it is all by design and don't expect much done, maybe just some more explaining on it or some ideas i missed on how it could be used.

ValguarneraTue 12-Dec-06 11:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1081, "RE: i like the change"
In response to Reply #2

but i don't think corpse thrall would come in handy much the way it is. it could if the necro was fighting a group, but necros can rarely fight a group,

I disagree on them not being able to fight multiple foes.

It's also your only area spell. That has all kinds of uses right there.

the real problems seems to be it can hurt the necro as much as everybody else

This was occurring in some situations, but got FNCR'd on Sunday.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

ElerosseSat 09-Dec-06 06:15 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1079, "Nice work!"
In response to Reply #0

These look like they could add a few more options for necromancers and definately looks like they give them an even greater master of the undead feel.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1078 Previous topic | Next topic