Subject: "Death to Shopkeeps!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #9024
Show all folders

Jynx (Guest)Sat 26-Aug-06 12:22 AM

#9024, "Death to Shopkeeps!!!"

I recently discovered that if you sell things to a shop owner, and then kill said shop owner, he/she drops everything sold to them allowing you to pick up everything, leave the area and resell the same gear when they refresh with full coin in their til.

I assume you could resell it, I didn't try because of that exploiting a bug rule.

I'm ok with killing shop owners so a new guy can get a loan and buy the business, but is them dropping with everything a bug? I ask because their specific list for sale doesn't remain with the corpse, only what they've purchased.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheSun 03-Sep-06 11:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9078, "RE: Death to Shopkeeps!!!"
In response to Reply #0

This isn't true in the general case. More info would be helpful.

StraklawSun 03-Sep-06 07:34 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#9094, "RE: Death to Shopkeeps!!!"
In response to Reply #1

I think it's more a matter of that he hasn't TRIED to do it, but thinks it's possible. I advise him to try it sometime, he'll quickly find out why. Also, Imms can correct me if I'm wrong, but they're generally cool with you TRYING to see if your suspected abuse works before mentioning it, so they're not having to check up on suspicions. It's the rampant abuse of such that gets you in trouble.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #9024 Previous topic | Next topic