Subject: "Chain lightning grounding out when flying" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #7105
Show all folders

Pelgor (Guest)Fri 22-Apr-05 04:54 AM

#7105, "Chain lightning grounding out when flying"

I was recently using scrolls that cast chain lightning. After the initial bolt, there was an echo saying the bolt grounded out through my body, which seems strange because I was flying.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JavaThu 09-Jun-05 06:17 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7351, "RE: Chain lightning grounding out when flying"
In response to Reply #0

If you were flying, one could ask why you were even hit by the bolt in the first place. Electricity always takes the shortest path to ground. If your body is not a path to ground, you won't be affected by it (this is why bird's aren't electrecuted when they land on power lines, btw).

So one could argue that anyone who is flying shouldn't be affected by any lightning attacks. Get to work, Imms.

nepentheMon 13-Jun-05 12:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7362, "One could argue that, but"
In response to Reply #2

It's magic!

If you see something that doesn't make sense, a wizard did it. Feel free to roll up a sphere Reason Battle warrior based on this premise.

nepentheTue 07-Jun-05 11:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7345, "By (questionable physics) design. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #7105 Previous topic | Next topic