Subject: "Repeated sleep upon wake" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #6409
Show all folders

DDP (Guest)Tue 07-Dec-04 03:32 PM

#6409, "Repeated sleep upon wake"
Edited on Wed 15-Dec-04 09:31 AM

I got jumped by a necro and he got the sleep off. He spelled me up, poison, scourge, curse etc. I woke naturally from the sleep, and the second I stood, he got another sleep on me. A few ticks later, the damage woke me, I stood and he slept me again. The next hour when the damage woke me again, I stood and he slept me again before I could even take a step. This repeated for a total of three times, till I had 11 hitpoints left and ended with one vamp and I was dead.

My original reasoning was that since I woken by the poison before the sleep had a chance to run its course, I might have some resistance to the next sleep attack. So I prayed in game to check and an Imm explained that sleep resistance only kicks in on failure. However, he did suggest that I post it on the bug board just in case.

If this is just a matter of bad luck, not a high enough SvS, or even bad tactics on my part, no problem.

Log snipped by player's request.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Daurwyn (Guest)Wed 15-Dec-04 07:14 AM

#6448, "I have a suggestion though"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 15-Dec-04 10:12 AM

Use the "wake" command with some kind of emote.

e.g.

"wake clambers to her feet."

That way if he's using triggers they will see "Name clambers to her feet."

That way, any triggers he is using are unlikely to fire, if he is indeed using triggers.

ValguarneraWed 15-Dec-04 10:14 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6449, "The other edge of this sword:"
In response to Reply #2

People could also use these commands to disguise their action. In other words, wake simulating the snore social, and sneak out of the room quietly. If there's an easy way to allow customization without allowing this abuse, I'm all ears, but please take it to Gameplay.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

ValguarneraWed 15-Dec-04 12:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6445, "By design. Bad luck or bad saves. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #6409 Previous topic | Next topic