Subject: "Kick doesn't trigger porcupine quills." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #5595
Show all folders

Jaded RangerMon 16-Aug-04 07:25 AM
Member since 21st Jul 2004
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5595, "Kick doesn't trigger porcupine quills."

It looks to me like it probably should.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraMon 16-Aug-04 05:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5600, "By design."
In response to Reply #0

(Poor design, admittedly. I'll explain.)

You should only see that by normal combat hits, when using a weapon with insufficient reach. Including a similar check for all of the various other kinds of damage that can be inflicted is awkward with the existing code infrastructure. If we did do it, we'd probably have to tone down the (already formidable) porcupine form in other ways to counter this significant gain in utility, and the net effect would be similar to the current situation.

I'd counter that Kick isn't the best example of this- I could kick a (man-sized) porcupine that was facing me without going near its quills, which project up and back last I saw one. However, there are probably a ton of skills that don't make great sense in this context, but it isn't too feasible to correct that at present.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Jaded RangerTue 17-Aug-04 11:28 AM
Member since 21st Jul 2004
26 posts
#5606, "RE: By design."
In response to Reply #1

I hear you. If ever someone gets bored and wants to code this, I think the change would be cool. I watched a porcupine get bashed. The way I figure it, that should be like a druid's wall of thorns or whatever the supplication is truly named, but it isn't. Thanks for looking into that, though.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #5595 Previous topic | Next topic