Subject: "Not reading new notes in order" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25713
Show all folders

Catching up (Guest)Tue 04-Jun-24 12:14 PM

#25713, "Not reading new notes in order"
Edited on Tue 04-Jun-24 02:43 PM

I had a bunch of new notes and decided to read the latest (last on the list) one first, as opposed to like normal just going through them in order by typing 'note' repeatedly.

This had the unexpected consequence of marking all of them as 'read', which then caused me to forget to check all the originally unread ones.

I guess this can be by (bad) design, but if so, any chance to change it to only remove the "new note" flag from the notes that have actually been read?

*SNIP LOG*

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliTue 04-Jun-24 02:44 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2260 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25714, "Working as intended, even if badly"
In response to Reply #0

There is no such thing as a "new note" flag.
When you read notes, we use the last time you read notes, or the date of the note you read, as the measuring tool.

Based on this system the notes aren't handled in an individual way with individual flags.

It would require reworking the entire system, which doesn't seem particularly worth it for this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25713 Previous topic | Next topic