Subject: "Possibly missing chameleon check" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25135
Show all folders

Vaskal (Guest)Fri 18-Aug-23 06:36 AM

#25135, "Possibly missing chameleon check"

This one is hard for me to verify myself (because if I'm a saurian I can't tell and if I'm not I have to believe other saurians and I'm never sure if they're just trolling me or not), but I've heard it enough times over the last couple of characters to feel its worth verifying.

Expected: when you log in without the fetish you should step out of chameleon, because if you're logged in and the fetish is placed you are auto stepped out of chameleon.

Actual: by all IC reports, if you log in without the fetish but chameleoned before logging out, it doesn't seem to be checked and you stay in chameleon.

Steps to theoretically reproduce:
1. Chameleon.
2. Log out.
3. Have someone take the fetish and place it at their cabal.
4. Log in.

Repro rate: can't test this myself, but I don't think the people who have said it IC had any real reason to lie to me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliFri 18-Aug-23 01:14 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25136, "Sounds fine to me."
In response to Reply #0

Lacking a cabal item means you can't activate abilities.

The code does not search everyone every second for if they don't have their cabal item and then strip them of their powers.

IE: If you do `call resist`, your resist doesn't drop when you lose your item, you just can't `call resist` anymore.

So it seems fine to me, unless I'm missing something.

IshuliFri 18-Aug-23 07:50 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25137, "Fixed"
In response to Reply #1

People explained this to me, and now I get it.

It'll be fixed.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25135 Previous topic | Next topic