Subject: "Util/Util Muscle Memory Cost Decrease Bug(?)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25062
Show all folders

Anon Util/Util Shifter (Anonymous)Sat 01-Jul-23 02:48 PM
Charter member
#25062, "Util/Util Muscle Memory Cost Decrease Bug(?)"
Edited on Sat 01-Jul-23 04:23 PM

*snipable*

So I decided to take muscle memory on my Util/Util shifter with the hope of getting a decrease in the cost to maintain cheetah (minor form). Since I'm double Util, maybe it would reduce the cost of both Fox/Cheetah - I had no idea. It isn't working as I'd expect it to, but I don't know what the intention is.

I've assembled some data in the table above and the google doc below.

I'll admit that the pre-Muscle Memory data is a bit sloppy - I had to go through a bunch of different logs since I wasn't initially sure if haste/slow had an impact on the data.

It seems like:

1) Taking muscle memory reduced my form upkeep from ~18 - 20 a tick to 16 without using resolve of the mandrill. Yay! It's a small decrease, but seems to be working as expected given that I went 2x Util.

2) They were times before I go muscle memory where I used resolve and my upkeep was 9 per tick. In those cases, it's now 10 per tick. This is an increase (albeit slight) and seems to be a bug.

*SNIP LOGS*

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliSat 01-Jul-23 04:24 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2153 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25063, "Working as intended."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 01-Jul-23 04:25 PM

You're failing to consider a number of other variables that go with it which will adjust that upwards, downwards, etc. There's a lot. Enough that sometimes it will seem consistent, and other times less so.

The evils of CF, where you think it's just X and Y thing but it's actually ABCDEFG and X and Y thing.

But the info you included made it easy for me to check. Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25062 Previous topic | Next topic