Subject: "Air elemental damage type" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24725
Show all folders

conjurer (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-23 09:05 AM

#24725, "Air elemental damage type"

I noticed that air elemental's damage type is 'blast'. According to 'damage type', blast classifies as a blunt damage.

This struck me as odd. If you want blung damage, you go for an Earth elemental. Air elementals are supposed to be wind-like, fast and the exact opposite of earth. Not to mention that air opposes earth, like fire opposes water.

Looking at a slash type damage, I noticed 'rending gale' or 'rend'. These fit fat better with the entire image of air elementals. So I petition to change the damage type of air elementals to one of the above. Technically speaking, there should be no balance issues: both of these are physical type of damage, so whoever resists physical stays the same (all of the giant races). If you want to smash gnomes you already use earth (so no gain here, only loss for conjies). Very few things are slash vulnerable (gain, but miniscule, for conjies). It would be cosmetic change, but it would fit with air elements very well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliSun 22-Jan-23 09:59 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24726, "Not a bug."
In response to Reply #0

This forum is the bug board.
This is not where suggestions go.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24725 Previous topic | Next topic