Subject: "Strengthen and Enchant Weapon" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24672
Show all folders

Noticer of Things (Anonymous)Tue 20-Dec-22 03:28 PM
Charter member
#24672, "Strengthen and Enchant Weapon"

I believe some players are exploiting a bug to enchant a weapon multiple times by using the above power and spell. Current players are getting massive hit dam weapons gaining a big advantage by having 5 lots of hit dam on weapons.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliFri 30-Dec-22 08:47 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2221 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24678, "Fixed"
In response to Reply #0

So this changes how enchant weapon works, but I think most folks will still be happy.

Previously - enchant weapon checked everything on the weapon, adjusted risk based on that, and then also modified existing things on the weapon (like strengthen) which would then become a new super-enchantment. This was because it was coded in a way that didn't expect alternatively sourced weapon AF modifications.

Now - enchant weapon will ONLY count modifiers from enchant weapon.

What does this mean to people who like enchanting weapons?
First, no more lame strengthen-enchant abuse. They will operate independently.
Second, enchant weapon now works BETTER on weapons that used to be hard to enchant. Meaning more weapons are MORE enchant friendly.

I'll keep an eye on this, and adjust based on if it comes out unbalanced. So please do let me know if you see issues.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24672 Previous topic | Next topic