Subject: "Can't enter the guild" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #16409
Show all folders

HamsahConjurer (Guest)Fri 14-Aug-09 04:42 PM

#16409, "Can't enter the guild"

The guardian ifrit examines a scroll and shakes his head.
The guardian ifrit says 'You are not authorized to enter.'

Level : 16
Ethos : Orderly Align : Evil Class : conjurer
Hometown : Hamsah Mu'tazz

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ScrimbulSat 15-Aug-09 11:40 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#16415, "RE: Can't enter the guild"
In response to Reply #0

Conjuration as a profession is outlawed in Hamsah by background.

You have to fulfill certain questy prerequisites to get in, which I have seen other people do (at which point it becomes a normal guild) but which I have not done myself.

The best answer is not to have Hamsah as a hometown if having a guild is that important to you (it never was for me because I tended to be on the aggressive offense side). Your nearest closest alternatives are Arkham and Galadon and Seantryn Modan.

At any rate I should take this opportunity to say 'You are not authorized to enter.' is pretty lame and could be changed to something like an emote of glancing around shiftily and then responding 'I can't let you pass yet.' (also whispered)

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

DaevrynSat 15-Aug-09 01:48 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16412, "By design (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

HamsahConjurer (Guest)Sat 15-Aug-09 04:19 AM

#16413, "Maybe a hint on why?"
In response to Reply #1

Doesn't say why from anywhere I can see around there - maybe a warning to newbies also?

asylumiusSat 15-Aug-09 01:56 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2007
137 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16420, "RE: Maybe a hint on why?"
In response to Reply #2

Look around the city some and/or ask a high level conjurer who looks like they know what they're doing.

Hint: you need some gold.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #16409 Previous topic | Next topic