Subject: "weapon wails in anguish" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #1526
Show all folders

some ap (Guest)Sun 27-Jul-03 06:01 PM

#1526, "weapon wails in anguish"

Am I right in thinking that an unholy weapon cannot take someone's soul if the weapon's attack type is elemental and the victim is shielded from that element?

For example, invoker has oozeshield up and gets killed by an iceball because he doesn't have frostshield up. Weapon with acidic attack type wails in anguish as it fails to grab a piece of victim's soul.

Is this by design? It seems to me that when someone's soul is release the elemental shield would not be an issue by that stage.

Either way is fine with me. I wanted to make sure it is by design though, because usually when I assume it is someone else gets it changed a year later.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourSun 27-Jul-03 07:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1527, "RE: weapon wails in anguish"
In response to Reply #0

The wailing in anguish echo is for when you fail to get a charge. Period. End of story. I put it in so people would stop bitching that their axes were broken. They work just fine. The people you are killing aren't worth crap, and the axe lets you know that now.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

some ap (Guest)Mon 28-Jul-03 03:12 AM

#1531, "there might be a problem then"
In response to Reply #1

It didn't happen the next time. I just got no charge and no echo either. That's why I posted here.

Also I've got more than one charge per kill even with the recent lack of charges, so the people I am killing are not crap as a whole. Those worth lots of charges who are in my range haven't been around at the same time as me recently. I'm not going for weak victims by choice right now. It's them or no one.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. I'll just go back to assuming everything works like I was doing before.

ZulghinlourMon 28-Jul-03 04:37 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1540, "RE: there might be a problem then"
In response to Reply #2

>It didn't happen the next time. I just got no charge and no
>echo either. That's why I posted here.

Don't multi-kill and you won't have this problem.

>Also I've got more than one charge per kill even with the
>recent lack of charges, so the people I am killing are not
>crap as a whole. Those worth lots of charges who are in my
>range haven't been around at the same time as me recently.
>I'm not going for weak victims by choice right now. It's them
>or no one.
>
>Anyway, thanks for the answer. I'll just go back to assuming
>everything works like I was doing before.

Yes...the only difference is you get an echo when you don't get a charge if there was a chance to get a charge. There are very few cases where there is no chance (multi-killing being one of them).

ap (Guest)Mon 28-Jul-03 05:57 PM

#1541, "thanks. last point, I promise"
In response to Reply #3

Presumably if they attack me after unghosting and I kill them again, that isn't multi-killing?

It wasn't the case here, because I attacked both times. (Second time I was trying to get the charge I thought the voker shield cheated me of first time. I didn't realise he wasn't worth a charge since I'd not seen the message before. Wasn't like I left him naked or anything in between either.)

ZulghinlourMon 28-Jul-03 06:21 PM
9792 posts
#1542, "RE: thanks. last point, I promise"
In response to Reply #4

>Presumably if they attack me after unghosting and I kill them
>again, that isn't multi-killing?

Multi-killing: Killing the same person over and over. It doesn't matter who started the fight.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #1526 Previous topic | Next topic