Subject: "evade grammar" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #13345
Show all folders

IsildurTue 18-Mar-08 08:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13345, "evade grammar"

Okay, apologies in advance if this is too vague. Or too nitpicky. Valg's typo FAQ says to be nitpicky!

One of the echos you see when someone evades one of your moves is grammatically incorrect. It uses "they" in place of "he/she/it". Unfortunately I can't remember the full text of the echo. It's something along the lines of, "As Other-Guy's-Name does something nifty, THEY evade your some-skill." Should be "he/she/it evades".

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraSat 29-Mar-08 06:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13408, "May or may not have fixed this."
In response to Reply #0

One of the echos you see when someone evades one of your moves is grammatically incorrect. It uses "they" in place of "he/she/it". Unfortunately I can't remember the full text of the echo. It's something along the lines of, "As Other-Guy's-Name does something nifty, THEY evade your some-skill."

I found a few echoes that had this sort of error, and fixed it to use the proper possessive pronoun instead.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #13345 Previous topic | Next topic