Subject: "Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #12654
Show all folders

KastellynSun 09-Dec-07 12:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12654, "Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm"

FNCR.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm, Daevryn, 09-Dec-07 12:19 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm, Isildur, 11-Dec-07 01:19 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm, Daevryn, 11-Dec-07 01:22 AM, #5
     Reply Was the chance it progs nerfed as well? nt, CraftedD (Guest), 11-Dec-07 01:19 AM, #3
          Reply Hasn't changed. (n/t), Daevryn, 11-Dec-07 01:20 AM, #4
               Reply So uhm yeah after much experimentation I have to say.., Llorenz (Guest), 11-Dec-07 12:29 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: So uhm yeah after much experimentation I have to sa..., Daevryn, 11-Dec-07 12:31 PM, #7
                         Reply So I'd have to say..., Twist, 11-Dec-07 10:18 PM, #8
                              Reply RE: So I'd have to say..., Daevryn, 11-Dec-07 10:42 PM, #9

DaevrynSun 09-Dec-07 12:19 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12655, "RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm"
In response to Reply #0

Also goes for (all?) other situations that stop teleportation, such as deny summoning.

I'm positive this used to work right, but a small error introduced at some point neutered the whole check.

IsildurMon 10-Dec-07 05:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#12669, "RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm"
In response to Reply #1

What's the new (fixed) behavior?

DaevrynTue 11-Dec-07 01:22 AM
11117 posts
#12673, "RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm"
In response to Reply #2

Essentially, that these things can block the cloak from functioning... which is also an old behavior.

Somewhere along the way, that 'if' statement lost the line of code that goes after it. This game sure could use an elaborate suite of regression tests.

CraftedD (Guest)Mon 10-Dec-07 08:59 PM

#12670, "Was the chance it progs nerfed as well? nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

DaevrynTue 11-Dec-07 01:20 AM
11117 posts
#12672, "Hasn't changed. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

Llorenz (Guest)Tue 11-Dec-07 11:12 AM

#12676, "So uhm yeah after much experimentation I have to say.."
In response to Reply #4

You sir are wrong, this fix completely changed the frequency of the cloak working. Basically the way it was, it worked anytime you fell below certain % of hps. It does not quite work that way any more, is this how the item was originally designed to work?

DaevrynTue 11-Dec-07 12:31 PM
11117 posts
#12677, "RE: So uhm yeah after much experimentation I have to sa..."
In response to Reply #6

You're right, that missing line of code also boned up the frequency check. Also something that'd been there a long time but became non-functional at some point.

It'll fire a lot when you drop below a certain amount of hp, but not every time.

TwistTue 11-Dec-07 10:18 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#12682, "So I'd have to say..."
In response to Reply #7

That this must be a fairly recent change, because when I had it as Hunsobo, insects stopped it from firing every time, and there were quite a few times that I died when it could have transported me but didn't.

Just for the sake of timelines.

DaevrynTue 11-Dec-07 10:42 PM
11117 posts
#12683, "RE: So I'd have to say..."
In response to Reply #8

Looks like it happened when the list was updated to include sequester in March, if you're curious. I was confused because I'd seen the same thing happen to you and others in the past.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #12654 Previous topic | Next topic