Carrion Fields MUD

Subject: "RE: Eh" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Santa Umishuli 2023 Topic #15
Show all folders

JavaMon 25-Dec-23 07:26 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#116, "RE: Eh"

Here's a couple things that I think would make the form better/more fun, while still being defensive-focused and armadillo-y.

Roll. Give them the roll skill to move around while retracted. Out of combat, it'd just be movement.. pick a direction and roll that way. Out of combat, it'd just be a random direction (similar to flee). Bonus points if it moves multiple steps in a given direction. The big benefit of this is not having to retract to move.

Scream. There's a real life animal called a "screaming hairy armadillo". It screams. I think this'd be cool as a room deafen skill. Maybe it can only be done while non-retracted? But it'd cause anything in the room (non-group/cabal) to attack the armadillo regardless of if the deafen was successful or not.

Forage. It's kinda what armadillos do. It makes more sense for them to have this skill than not have it.

Swim. Everything I found about Armadillos makes a point to say they are surprisingly good swimmers. I think it'd be cool to give them the ability. Obviously they shouldn't be amphibious, but maybe the ability to travel on the surface of water without flight? Possibly even a last breath-type ability where they can spend a short amount of time underwater (maybe a 1-tick or 0-tick timer).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicArmadillo Revamp [View all] , Dillo (Guest), Thu 30-Nov-23 02:36 AM
Reply Eh, Ishuli, 25-Dec-23 02:13 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Eh, Java, 25-Dec-23 07:26 PM #2
          Reply Present, Ishuli, 25-Dec-23 07:32 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Santa Umishuli 2023 Topic #15 Previous topic | Next topic