Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #812
Show all folders

SabieneThu 17-Apr-03 12:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#812, "Couple of Thief suggestions"

I really like the push skill, but I have a little request to make. I hope I don't come across as nitpicky, but the fact that when I do it, I jeer at my enemy bothers me. RPwise, that is something I would never do, and hence I don't normally use the skill even when I could. Could any reference to what you do other than the pushing itself be removed maybe? Time enough to jeer or whatever after you push them I say I realize this is intimidation but that can be done many ways, like everything else about thieves I think.

As an actual skill idea, from what I hear, the problem with backstab people have is not the damage (as it no longer doubles when the target is asleep) but that the enemy can usually just get away. Perhaps a skill at level 35-40 or so that has a chance to bashlag the enemy upon a backstab would help with this? Could call it "penetrate lung" or something hopefully less silly sounding, to reflect how you're stunning a foe by depriving them of air and the shock to go with it. Game-balance wise, it wouldn't work all the time, maybe 60-70 at perfection, and cheap shot would not affect it. This is just designed to make backstab a more viable solo pk option, I know it's very nice already outside of that. You could reserve this skill only to certain paths, like thug or trapper for example (as they are more combat oriented). Just my .02.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #812 Previous topic | Next topic