Subject: "Daunting is BS" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72468
Show all folders

lasentiaThu 21-Feb-19 07:41 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72479, "Daunting is BS"
Edited on Thu 21-Feb-19 07:46 AM

Oh nice, put in a PK requirement, okay, that makes sense. But make no mention that it has to be done by a set level at all. "able to kill and maim a hundred different ways with the power of their voice alone." I actually thought I had to land KBs with every song and skill I could to try and get it at one point, since after 100 pks I thought why the **** can't I take the edge yet. You have no idea how annoying it is to try and land KBs with roundhouse.

This was, and likely remains I am sure, an utterly moronic requirement- why is a guy that killed 10, 15 or 25 people before 45 (or whatever it is) considered deadly enough to be feared, but a bard with 100 PKs is not because he killed them later on. If you can take sounder of the knell, why can't you take daunting. What, because a bard can use fiend to get kills ater that point, as opposed to ganging and spamming vibrato/apocalyptic at an earlier level.

Sorry, this edge was always a sore spot for me, because it's just one of those things you have to know to be able to get. Pointless obscurity of a requirement, and in addition, a nonsensical one at that.

Make it tied to net solo PKs if you want to have a PK requirement at all for it FFS. That's the best measure of a bard to be feared. The how and when they do it should not matter, since it is seemingly based on reputation, and there is no sub 45 bard that any competent player would ever really be afraid of, no matter how many PKs they may have landed, since you know, PKs are not public info anyway. I can think of many well played deadly bards who had a reputation that would fit, and none of them had this edge. I think I only saw one PBF with it, and it was rather old. The edge encourages level sitting, which in itself is a terrible result.

End rant. Sorry Ish, I generally like your posts and this was not directed at you or any Imm. Just one of those one off CF goals I never attained on any of my bards cause I didn't know how to until after I stopped playing.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos) [View all] , Artificial, Tue 19-Feb-19 07:04 PM
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), incognito, 20-Feb-19 08:00 AM, #3
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), Ishuli, 19-Feb-19 10:25 PM, #2
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), TheBluestThumb, 20-Feb-19 12:43 PM, #4
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), Ishuli, 20-Feb-19 01:47 PM, #5
Reply Daunting is BS, lasentia, 21-Feb-19 07:46 AM #6
Reply it wasn't made for you, Dallevian, 21-Feb-19 08:58 AM, #8
Reply RE: it wasn't made for you, lasentia, 21-Feb-19 09:26 AM, #9
     Reply I played Nerif, Artificial, 21-Feb-19 03:02 PM, #10
     Reply no edge list for Dyneli, Dallevian, 21-Feb-19 03:50 PM, #11
Reply I feel your pain, Korsgaard, 23-Feb-19 11:07 PM, #13
Reply It should be much more often, Artificial, 23-Feb-19 08:37 PM, #12
     Reply If your character isn't special..., Lhydia, 24-Feb-19 08:19 AM, #14
Reply Story for the age, Artificial, 19-Feb-19 07:04 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Story for the age, lasentia, 21-Feb-19 07:55 AM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72468 Previous topic | Next topic