Subject: "Transparency and Themes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #56424
Show all folders

MoligantWed 27-Aug-14 03:36 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
327 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56432, "Transparency and Themes"
Edited on Wed 27-Aug-14 03:36 PM

Someone on the boards mentioned recently about AGES and using them as a means for producing overall themic directions for CF. I like the idea and think it is an appropriate means to add transparency while avoiding th headaches that the Imms have mentioned.

What I believe would make alot of people happy on both sides of the fence is having a more concentrated development that allows for specifc large scale directions to be taken that can be advertised or openly spoken of as an overall theme for an Age while still allowing smaller scale efforts that either don't matter to the overall team effort or would cause problems if revealed early couild remain in the strict province of Immland.

To give an example:

Let's look at Marvel Studios. They have an overall gameplan that is mapped out for the next seven years. We get our 'independent' films that have loose associations with each other that fit within a wider connected unierse allowing for characters and stories that gain from having their own 'Ages' - like ahem...Age of Ultron...which the wider public knows about while still able to maintain the secrecy of their long term vision.

Basically it boils down to keeping your base fed and happy.

Obviously this is alot harder to accomplish with a staff of volunteers. It may not even be possible. However it is an example of being able to maintain a certain amount of transparecy which keeps your base active and engaged while also maintaing the necessity of secrecy.

I believe CF needs an 'Age of Ultron' of its own. We need more often to have not simply periodic quests but specific targets that the entire Imm staff is working towards (group projects) as well as the little independent movies...ahem....projects that keep the base begging for more.

Maybe for example ...*cough*....more water areas as a theme so we can get water races and improve water shifters? Just a thought!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA Question/exercise on an scenario [View all] , Jaegendar, Wed 27-Aug-14 12:24 PM
Reply Transparency and Themes, Moligant, 27-Aug-14 03:36 PM #6
Reply I'll take a crack at this., Umiron, 27-Aug-14 12:52 PM, #1
     Reply It's true.., Mendos, 27-Aug-14 01:13 PM, #2
     Reply RE: It's true.., Jaegendar, 27-Aug-14 01:27 PM, #5
     Reply That's funny..., Tsunami, 27-Aug-14 01:04 PM, #3
          Reply It might be.., Mendos, 27-Aug-14 01:11 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #56424 Previous topic | Next topic