Subject: "Endless Fires" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #56
Show all folders

Tarhin (Guest)Tue 05-Mar-02 05:49 AM

#56, "Endless Fires"

Fires and terrain burning makes a lot of sense and adds interesting tactical options to the game. However I watched a fire today in Galadon and another in the Mountains of Udgaard a few weeks ago that basically refused to go out. It would start at one end of the city and spread (makes perfect sense) the fires would die down in places that had already burned leaving them razed (also makes sense) but the area that had just been razed into ash would return to normal before the fire had gone out in neighbouring rooms, allowing the fire to burn back across the whole city all over again. I can't imagine people are rebuilding the place fast enough to allow the same fire to burn its way back and forth across the city over and over again. Same thing in the wilderness. Sure the plants grow back, but the same forest fire shouldn't be able to burn the same stretch of forest into ash 4 or 5 times. The end result is fires that lasted for hours RL and weeks if not a month or so game time. That's an unbelivable amount of time for a city to be on fire as a result of one source of ignition. (I could see if it was someone setting new fires whenever things calmed down but that wasn't the case)

On a related side note I noticed that the razed fields near the Keep of Caewlin can be set on fire. Doesn't make much sense that a field burned clean of vegitation is flamable.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEndless Fires [View all] , Tarhin (Guest), Tue 05-Mar-02 05:49 AM
Reply RE: Endless Fires, DOA, 05-Mar-02 02:01 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #56 Previous topic | Next topic