Subject: "A few Paladin Monk questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #55573
Show all folders

KorunniMon 02-Jun-14 10:12 AM
Member since 24th Mar 2014
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55573, "A few Paladin Monk questions"

Just looking over monks and have a few questions.

The avoid helpfile suggests it has similar components to dodge. The biggest question this brings to mind for me is whether the weight you carry affects avoid?

Also, does being skilled in your opponent's weapon matter at all for a monk? Since you don't parry it seems like it wouldn't, other than the few times you might choose to wield a weapon and forego your monk abilities.

The helpfile for transcend seems to say that as your skill in transcend goes up (as long as you are empowered) you will slowly unlock new types of attacks besides spear and knife. Is it possible to get some more details on this?

Avoid explicitly says it is based on wisdom - are other monk abilities also? Specifically, anticipate and intensify?

And finally, it seems strength as the prime stat is a hold-over from before there were paladin options. In the monk case in particular, it seems like strength is far from the prime stat they should worry about. Is it possible to allow human and halfsie paladins some leeway in picking prime stats? Or even just change it automatically when you dedicate maybe.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA few Paladin Monk questions [View all] , Korunni, Mon 02-Jun-14 10:12 AM
Reply And one more, Korunni, 07-Jun-14 08:36 PM, #3
Reply Damage type, Tsunami, 07-Jun-14 08:57 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Damage type, Tolgrumm, 08-Jun-14 06:53 AM, #7
Reply Some basic answers, Tolgrumm, 02-Jun-14 11:09 AM, #1
     Reply As to the wis as primary, lasentia, 02-Jun-14 02:15 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Some basic answers, Arvam, 07-Jun-14 09:29 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Some basic answers, Tolgrumm, 08-Jun-14 06:48 AM, #6
          Reply I complained about this with my dwarf paladin and got "..., Quixotic, 08-Jun-14 11:36 AM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #55573 Previous topic | Next topic