Subject: "RE: 'Broken equipment idea" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54589
Show all folders

Jakke (NOT Gorach)Tue 18-Mar-14 10:51 AM
Charter member

I'm sorry that you misunderstood the message as a complaint over things changing. You're way too quick with your response, and I personally don't like the attitude 'We decided it to be this way, and it's going to be this way, whether you like it or not'. Part of your (and probably any company's) success is to listen to its customers. Which has been done a lot in the past (with Santa Zulgh and all sorts of other initiatives, which I think only made this game better). However, your reply comes across as a big middle finger. That's a shame, I think. But let's not go down that road, because that was not what I was aiming for, and has nothing to do with the content of my message. I made an honest attempt at trying to improve a game concept you guys introduced to make this game more fun, but which I think is flawed. You don't have to agree with me, but keep the middle finger for a later stage, yes?

Yes, I think gear rotation has changed a lot over time, and I do think that the concept is part of the fun for a majority of players. I think there won't be many people who would play the game if all eq would be standard and very much alike. So, at some point, people will go looking for eq to better themselves. You, as CF management so to speak, also introduced 'chromatic fire' when dying and 'poofing eq' if someone doesn't log on enough. Gear rotation, no? I like that. And then all of a sudden, you do the contrary with the 'broken eq concept'. I'm just trying to point out that your strategy for gear rotation and for which you introduced several good things (honestly, I think they're good), is being countered by this concept. With a tweak here and there, you could 'improve' (from where I stand that is) it and follow your overall strategy of gear rotation.

Start quote:
"Dent/stoneshatter/etc. can have a huge impact on a fight, as it immediately removes armor that beyond the simple AC could also be giving them other stats. I remember denting a pair of gauntlets in a fight that effectively removed a few strength points which was enough to weapon drop combined with boneshatter."
I'm not saying dent or stoneshatter are bad skills/spells, and sure, they can have a huge impact on a fight, but that's honestly not my point. It's the fact that when eq is broken, it can be repaired time and time again, and doesn't move around to other players. They don't scare

Start quote:
"You also act as if it is just a couple of gold while it can be quite a bit to drop on repairing something over and over again in a continued fight. If you are an outlander, you are effectively without that piece of gear for a while."
I agree that for an Outlander, repairing can be a pain in the ass. For every other PC, gathering 10K, perhaps 15K for most famous/infamous eq and a lot of legenday items (ok, even 20K - and I do mean at higher levels, as from 30-35 on) isn't much of a problem. So yes, I don't feel the gold needed isn't really a drop for most people.

Start quote:
"Even if they keep going to repair it, you could figure out where they prefer to repair and have a gank set up there."
Really.

Start quote:
"If you want gear rotation, kill the person and take the piece of gear."
I can probably gather 20K gold far more easy than kill a person and get a piece of eq, really. That being said, I agree with you. Then again, I think your overall game concept of gear rotation, would be improved by putting a counter on it, so that it would be destroyed after two or three times.

Start quote:
"Otherwise, this just seems like another complaint over things changing."
As I said, I'm sorry you misinterpreted my idea. Because that is what it was.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic'Broken equipment idea [View all] , Jakke (NOT Gorach), Wed 19-Mar-14 07:50 PM
Reply Yeah I used to use stoneshatter, Pendragon_Surtr, 19-Mar-14 06:44 PM, #36
Reply RE: 'Broken equipment idea, Daevryn, 18-Mar-14 11:20 AM, #19
Reply Fair enough nt, Jakke (NOT Gorach), 18-Mar-14 12:17 PM, #23
Reply Repair opens design space, Valguarnera, 18-Mar-14 07:13 PM, #30
     Reply Potential compromise, vargal, 18-Mar-14 11:37 PM, #32
Reply RE: 'Broken equipment idea, Ekaerok (Anonymous), 18-Mar-14 08:55 AM, #2
Reply No, the skills are completely different now. It was a h..., CD, 18-Mar-14 09:17 AM, #3
Reply +1, Sarien, 18-Mar-14 09:24 AM, #4
Reply RE: +1, Ekaerok (Anonymous), 18-Mar-14 10:23 AM, #6
     Reply Because we all know you can destroy Ahtieli, at least t..., CD, 18-Mar-14 10:52 AM, #10
          Reply RE: Because we all know you can destroy Ahtieli, at lea..., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 18-Mar-14 11:02 AM, #14
               Reply It broader than simply 'unbreakable' weapon, CD, 18-Mar-14 11:07 AM, #16
                    Reply I think it was probably more along the lines of.., Mendos, 18-Mar-14 12:29 PM, #24
                         Reply Here you make claim that sacrificing behavior is poor. , CD, 18-Mar-14 12:32 PM, #26
                              Reply Not really., Mendos, 18-Mar-14 06:00 PM, #28
Reply RE: No, the skills are completely different now. It was..., Umiron, 18-Mar-14 10:05 AM, #5
     Reply RE: No, the skills are completely different now. It was..., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 18-Mar-14 10:24 AM, #7
     Reply It's griefing tactic because you label it as that, rath..., CD, 18-Mar-14 10:51 AM, #9
          Reply No it's a griefer tactic because the community labels i..., Tesline, 18-Mar-14 10:54 AM, #11
               Reply So is looting. Don't want your anazu mask to get dented..., CD, 18-Mar-14 10:57 AM, #12
                    Reply RE: So is looting. Don't want your anazu mask to get de..., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 18-Mar-14 11:01 AM, #13
                         Reply Are you a retard? The two are completely different. The..., CD, 18-Mar-14 11:03 AM, #15
                              Reply RE: Are you a retard? The two are completely different...., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 18-Mar-14 11:14 AM, #18
                              Reply Hi there., Valguarnera, 18-Mar-14 06:54 PM, #29
                                   Reply Our forums are places we want the players to come!, Iraqi Information Minister (Anonymous), 19-Mar-14 08:14 AM, #31
                                        Reply Come on., Daevryn, 18-Mar-14 11:00 PM, #34
                                        Reply Come on.. Ekaerok tried to justify a scenario that is n..., CD, 19-Mar-14 07:05 AM, #33
                                        Reply They are., Valguarnera, 19-Mar-14 08:12 AM, #37
                                             Reply Seriously, most of us are adults and we should act like..., Perpetual_Noob, 19-Mar-14 02:22 PM, #35
     Reply RE: No, the skills are completely different now. It was..., Jakke (NOT Gorach), 18-Mar-14 12:28 PM, #25
Reply RE: 'Broken equipment idea, Jakke (NOT Gorach), 18-Mar-14 10:51 AM #8
     Reply RE: 'Broken equipment idea, Ekaerok (Anonymous), 18-Mar-14 11:13 AM, #17
     Reply RE: 'Broken equipment idea, CD, 18-Mar-14 11:22 AM, #20
     Reply Over Dramatic, Tsunami, 18-Mar-14 11:46 AM, #21
          Reply Only and last response..., Jakke (NOT Gorach), 18-Mar-14 12:11 PM, #22
               Reply Patronizing., Tsunami, 18-Mar-14 12:48 PM, #27
Reply I want the CF equivalent of duct tape, baling wire, and..., Quixotic, 18-Mar-14 07:12 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54589 Previous topic | Next topic