Subject: "A few ideas.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5039
Show all folders

Drag0nSt0rmThu 01-Jul-04 09:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
450 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5039, "A few ideas.."

I posted this for another mud, but it seems the creators of the mud care for it any longer so I will post it here since I didn't think they where too terrible..

So, I thought for a bit.

And then I remembered I have posted alot of thoughts on various classes and races..

Then I thought perhaps I'm just being a #### and need to actually rewrite some of these since.. the old site seems to be gone.

So here goes
Rangers
Ok since ranged combat is kinda iffy to code we will drop that how bout some Spell/Skill/Supp abilities instead

Herbalgather
*like cf in the name*

As a druid/ranger what ever You would be quite wise on the finer art of herbal type things
If a ranger should be created to be the brutal end of thieves basicly
As a ranger is in essence a dude in the tree's that kind of a hermit type and really doesn't give a #### about any one person besides themselves.
If a druid more focus should be done on enhancement via wilds and less direct offensive spells..

Gathering herbs can do a small hand full of things *coming up with ideas*
Granting several varing abilities*You poke around and discover a *Random herb* in a *random herb location (Rock/stump/etc)*.

Can grant from haste to detections to any other things herbs can grant you raised mana hp gains per tick *perhaps even a regenerate type*
Bonus svs More damroll or hit roll *Aka pretty much anything in the mud*
They would be stackable according to power/type of herb
Like you could stack -svs and some mana gains and maybe even a little hitroll
But you could only grab Haste and a weaker herb etc...

Steal
As odd as this sounds,
If I was a guy in the woods, and I looked like a tree and you laid down for a nap next to me, what would I do? ROB YOU BLIND MOFO.

Terraintrap
You create a cunning trap of a certain type for your terrain and you skill level
From a simple pit trap that lags you and does some damage
To a cunningly hid tripwire that swings a 300lb log at you.

Ambushtrap
causes lag when starting kinda of ambushy waylayish skill
You climb up a tree *hiddin of course*
Dig a hole
Wait in a bush
Look like roadkill
And wait for a certain target.
Once they arrive you attack them, either a suprise type attack or even a knock out like trap *not really sure how to do this*
Perhaps when they arrive
You attack them with no lag and a free skill
Disarm
Knock out
-Stats
Even a thievery type skill

Woodsears
You hear people walking around in a forest area near you or even adjacent and even what direction they are in and if you want to get detailed what size
*Might even work for fliers due to crashing through tree/brush*

Gonewithleaves...
You are in combat you taking advatage of certain things going on
They disarm/do some skill
You give them a good running shove and run like hell into the woods
You end up a couple rooms away and possibly hidden
With a touch of lag and movement loss

Snorkling
Using tools at hand and even your clothing you create a breathing tube and hide in shallow water in wait for the unwary...

Assassins
On my thoughts of the class
Should be in many ways like thief not truely able to fight more of a advantage gaining sneakysneaky type

Garrot
You slink up behind someone and try to garrot them does X damage and even causes bleeding for a while, and if semisuccesful keeps them from yelling and even casting for a short while

Poison animal
You train an animal and sik it on your victim
It poisons your target, from a distance and can fail and even be fought.
*Best when they are sleeping*
The poisons can do several things from blinding to really nasty things.

Poisondarts
Pretty much sneak up deliver darts more potent than poison animal however much more risky as you must be next to your target also slightly easier to avoid for the wary

Shattering blow
Using your advantage of having the first blow you take a telling one as you do not want your target getting away

This blow drops any number of stats in assorted way from a chest wound that causes bleeding and strength loss
Or a head wound that causes a sort of confusion and vision loss
Arm wound would simply drop that hand
And a leg wound would drop some dex and simply keep them from running quickly

Can't be used on someone thats been in a pk recently or even a mob fight recently

Kneekick
You attempt to make a lightning fast strike against the inside of your enemies knee dropping them momentarily
*lag*

Gutwound
You using your knowledge of the anatomy of your enemy take a strike at their most delicate area for a long lasting and painful and possibly even fatal wound.

Seduction
You attempt to lure the target of opposite sex into a situtation less than advantagous to them.
By making a save of some kind you either fail or pass the worse you fail the worse that can happen from
She bats her eyes and you walk right into her seductive embrace, with a sudden gasp you drop to the ground her sword protruding from your back.
to
She bats her eyes at you drawing your gaze, as you watch this eptiom of femaleness she suddenly drops into a roll and hurls a dagger at you.
Does X damage and even lags your for a bit perhaps even disarming you if your stunned enough..
etc..

Yes there is some stuff for assassins too, but it might give you some ideas to work with, please feel free to bounce more ideas off me..

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5039 Previous topic | Next topic