Subject: "RE: Something for Cf to chew on." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5028
Show all folders

jaynusThu 01-Jul-04 01:21 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5046, "RE: Something for Cf to chew on."

Well, as a relatively new player I believe I have an opinon to input. Hastur, you are most definately correct on a few points. However.. what you have to remember is that CF is not your typical game. It's a ROLEPLAYING game with a PK twist. I look at it like I look at D&D. Sure, it's quite possible to make a character and start throwing die everywhere.. but if you don't read the books you are most certainly gonna be ####ed. CF's learning curve is beginning to grow every year. Hell, I've only been here for a year and I've already seen it growing. However, it adds a element to the game. Amidst all those people who would like EVERYTHING, NOW, FAST!!.. there are a few people who take the current playerbase as a challenge - and wish to prove themselves amongst it. Yes, these people have to spend an assanine amount of time ranking/wasting time (when they could be RP'ng or PK'ng), but they know that once they get to hero or whatever level they desire - they know what they are doing.

I don't agree with the 1 player per character rule. If I want to try something else, I damn well better.

I agree with the ranking thing, as per my posts below state. Ranking in CF has become a minor problem to a huge annoyance, even stopping me from making characters (and playing at this current time). I'll throw in an reason and say this - when you are new, ranking isn't a problem. You want to see how those neat axe skills or spells or supps work, so you don't mind spending time gaining the necessary levels to acquire them. However, once you've played the game enough and know all the little nic's on them.. ranking just becomes annoying. There is no reason to rank other then to get to hero, increase your stats/numbers and perhaps explore. I just wished the IMM's would admit that people rank to get to hero..

Now with the practice thing.. the IMM's have implemented things to stop spam practicing. Personally I have no idea what people are talking about, here. I've had two heroes and a wack of characters and all those characters come out with the necessary perfected skills. However, your latter point is valid. Wiether it takes 1 hour or 1000 hours, people will always be picky and want 100%. Dropping the time down to get those numbers will (logically) allow more time for other stuff.

The rest is just stuff I, as a player, wouldn't want to see implemented. Exits are very vague and can't determine how big a room is. Command flow stacks.. why? You gotta leave some #### secret

But above all this, my ultimate explaination for the now arising disappointment with CF can be boiled down to a few things. The most important, I believe, is that the IMM's seem very.. foreign to the playerbase. I'm not talking about IMMteraction or any of that garbage, I am talking about responding to posts and inquiries. I remember when Hastur posted all that #### about his number crunching and the IMM's said "NO NO NO!".. but then turned around and actually fixed pole specs. I think admitting there is a problem is NOT a bad thing, Imms.. and right now it looks like the default response to something that is up in the air is "NO NO NO NO!". I'm sure you guys can remember when you dood's/ettes were players, why not throw us a bone and help us out?

I concur with the playerbase on this one.. the IMM's just have to stop throwing in areas. New areas are neat, but in all honesty - if the player numbers drop what is the point? More people will keep traversing Galadon and the 'important-eq' areas rather then the new areas with interesting crud. Implement more twists in the game.. more skills, more races, different cabals, different IMM's, more religions (THAT ACTUALLY STAY!#!) and things that will constantly change the game. I personally would rather see changes, CHANGES (bad or good!).. rather then careful deliberation and a change once in a while. The last announcement on the board was what, 10 days ago? That's not enough.. more more more!

Anyways, some constructive criticsm. My time in CF is not done, but I am hoping for IT's sake that the game begins to change and the IMM's take heed on the playerbase's inquiries.

Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicSomething for Cf to chew on. [View all] , Rutsah, Thu 01-Jul-04 12:21 AM
Reply My 2 cents - some very good ideas I think, please read!, SandDemon, 21-Jul-04 01:10 AM, #29
Reply RE: My 2 cents - some very good ideas I think, please r..., Romanul, 21-Jul-04 07:33 AM, #30
Reply Little more, SandDemon, 21-Jul-04 06:21 PM, #31
Reply RE: Little more, Spifficator, 22-Jul-04 12:13 PM, #32
Reply RE: My 2 cents - some very good ideas I think, please r..., Kadsuane, 22-Jul-04 06:48 PM, #33
Reply No Immortal feedback? :) nt, SandDemon, 23-Jul-04 03:12 PM, #34
Reply Sure., Valguarnera, 23-Jul-04 04:03 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Sure., SandDemon, 23-Jul-04 04:25 PM, #36
Reply RE: My 2 cents - some very good ideas I think, please r..., Boldereth, 28-Jul-04 01:55 AM, #37
Reply My view and a few suggestions, jachyra, 18-Jul-04 06:57 AM, #28
Reply I do agree about the time and roaming players, Xaannix, 11-Jul-04 05:13 PM, #26
Reply My newbie frustrations, Forsooth, 05-Jul-04 01:06 PM, #17
Reply RE: My newbie frustrations, incognito, 06-Jul-04 03:34 PM, #19
Reply RE: Newbie frustrations, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-04 03:47 PM, #20
Reply ok, will email some stuff sometime, incognito, 06-Jul-04 05:03 PM, #21
     Reply RE: ok, will email some stuff sometime, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-04 05:47 PM, #22
          Reply Wel it would be nice to know, Xaannix, 11-Jul-04 05:18 PM, #27
Reply RE: My newbie frustrations, Forsooth, 07-Jul-04 04:21 PM, #23
     Reply you have way more than 300 hours, incognito, 07-Jul-04 04:30 PM, #24
Reply Frustrations, Mamed, 07-Jul-04 09:27 PM, #25
Reply One word : Depth, Narissa, 01-Jul-04 09:57 PM, #13
Reply RE: One word : Depth, Little Timmy (Anonymous), 06-Jul-04 09:59 AM, #18
Reply Don't come back now! nt, Drekten, 01-Jul-04 03:14 PM, #10
Reply The differences between #20 and #1., vargal, 01-Jul-04 03:04 PM, #9
Reply RE: The differences between #20 and #1., Nhiala, 01-Jul-04 04:54 PM, #11
Reply RE: Something for Cf to chew on., Nhiala, 01-Jul-04 03:10 PM, #8
Reply RE: Something for Cf to chew on., jaynus, 01-Jul-04 01:21 PM #5
Reply RE: Areas:, Valguarnera, 01-Jul-04 02:23 PM, #6
Reply RE: Polearm specs?, Valguarnera, 01-Jul-04 02:32 PM, #7
Reply Heheh funny site & answer to your Q., Rutsah, 01-Jul-04 09:35 PM, #12
     Reply Imms will not answer if, Xaannix, 02-Jul-04 04:14 PM, #15
Reply My thoughts, Nivek1, 02-Jul-04 02:04 PM, #14
Reply Is CF in the wrong, or is it you?, Valkenar, 01-Jul-04 12:16 PM, #4
Reply Allow me to disagree slightly., A2, 04-Jul-04 02:22 PM, #16
Reply I would have agreed, 2 years ago., permanewbie, 01-Jul-04 10:18 AM, #3
Reply Fast to learn + Equals fast to bore. It's like music., Vecna, 01-Jul-04 04:43 AM, #1
     Reply I feel the same, incognito, 01-Jul-04 07:03 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5028 Previous topic | Next topic