Subject: "RE: Future Direction" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49678
Show all folders

ScarabaeusMon 20-May-13 12:27 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49680, "RE: Future Direction"

If you're worried that someone is going to go hit the CF box with a sledgehammer, then fret not.

Middle to late last year Z talked about wanting to move CF to a VPS to resolve some of the access issues we were having. As he mentioned in his farewell, his time trailed off after the new year and some of us were getting anxious to see the move take place. So we started looking into a new server, found a provider we liked, and started making it happen. At that time Z decided to retire and handed over the keys to the kingdom.

I was overseeing the move and, unfortunately, the timing wasn't great; I have had a lot on my plate as of late (the good news, though, is that I completed two postgraduate degrees over the weekend--both contributing to a huge time commitment). My plate is by no means empty, but I should finally have a little more time to commit to the move. In my relative absence, Vilhazarog and unnamed Immortal stepped up to get most of the new environment set up. I'm getting myself back up to speed this week and hopefully we'll resolve the remaining issues and make the move fairly quickly.

Right now, that's the biggest item on the to do list because it's a bottleneck. We have other projects that have been held up by the code/area freeze, so once we switch over you should be seeing a fair number of changes go in; some of the first code changes will probably be invisible, since the move pointed out issues like memory leaks (which have been fixed). We have better access to the website now, so a lot of the long overdue updates can go in.

You might have been looking for something a little more Hallmark, but this may be helpful as well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFuture Direction [View all] , orangepowered, Mon 20-May-13 11:30 AM
Reply RE: Future Direction, Amaranthe, 21-May-13 03:35 PM, #17
Reply RE: Future Direction, Daevryn, 20-May-13 08:44 PM, #6
Reply RE: Future Direction, orangepowered, 21-May-13 11:44 AM, #13
Reply This post is almost worth a sticky nt, incognito, 21-May-13 01:24 PM, #14
Reply That's a fair and interesting way of looking at it. n/t, Vortex Magus, 21-May-13 02:10 PM, #16
Reply RE: Future Direction, Scarabaeus, 20-May-13 12:27 PM #2
Reply Thank you so much for the reply. (n/t), orangepowered, 20-May-13 12:45 PM, #3
Reply one small addition, Scarabaeus, 20-May-13 05:11 PM, #5
     Reply Untill you decide troll is a good PC race, right? :P, Zephon, 20-May-13 10:18 PM, #7
          Reply How dare you, we all know faeries have to be next nt, Hopelessdwarf, 20-May-13 10:44 PM, #8
          Reply I want nymphs to the the next race., Zephon, 20-May-13 11:22 PM, #9
               Reply Saurians. It's a need. nt, Yhorian (Anonymous), 20-May-13 11:38 PM, #10
          Reply We have enough trolls already., Akresius, 22-May-13 04:45 PM, #19
Reply RE: Future Direction, Isildur, 21-May-13 07:31 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Future Direction, Isildur, 21-May-13 08:32 AM, #12
     Reply yes, Scarabaeus, 21-May-13 01:41 PM, #15
          Reply RE: yes, Isildur, 21-May-13 07:23 PM, #18
Reply Why is there dread?, TMNS, 20-May-13 11:52 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Why is there dread?, Cenatar_, 20-May-13 01:16 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49678 Previous topic | Next topic